All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Lasagna?
      #160129 - 03/13/05 11:40 AM
Danarra

Reged: 03/13/05

Hi All,

I've been experimenting and I think I finally found the right combination for me - no alcohol (for the last 14 years), no meat - including fish(for the last 9 years), no wheat (for the last 2 weeks), limited fats (for the last 2 weeks), and severely limited dairy - only egg whites and yogurt, although soy or rice substitutes seem to be ok (for the last 2 weeks)

I've gone from having severe attacks several times a day (14 years ago) to having had NO attacks in the last 2 weeks. I'm ecstatic!!!!!!

I'm also wondering if I'm going to be able to stay on these restrictions long term. A good recipe for lasagna would help, and my mom used to make this tuna casserole thing with egg noodles, mayonnaise and peas - any idea for decent susbtitutes?

Really can't have fish - it seems to cause the most pain for me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lasagna? new
      #160134 - 03/13/05 12:14 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hi Danarra. I'm so glad to hear the diet is helping you so much! I can certainly relate. Doesn't it feel good to feel good? Lol.

As for a lasagna recipe, try Easy Cheese Lasagna. I actually haven't tried it, but I tried a similar stuffed shell recipe using tofu and it turned out great. I've been meaning to try this lasagna recipe for a while now!

As for the tuna casserole, that should be safe as long as you use No Yolks noodles (the fat in the yolks of regular egg noodles is a no no) and low fat or fat free mayo you should be fine! The soluble fiber from the noodles should make the peas perfectly safe. If it works out I'd love to have the recipe!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#160172 - 03/13/05 05:15 PM
Danarra

Thanks Kree! I'm going to try the lasagna tonight! Any ideas what would make an acceptable substitute for tuna?

#160191 - 03/13/05 06:27 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Oops, I missed the part about your not being able to have fish! I bet canned chicken would work great. I think you can get that with all white meat, but you'll have to check. I know I've used it and it's never bothered me.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#162104 - 03/18/05 09:49 PM
Danarra

Cna't have chicken either - I just tried Tuno ... and that is NASTY.

#162201 - 03/19/05 10:31 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

are you sure your issues with fish are witht he fish and not how its prepped? most fish recipes call for butter- huge no no, or mayo if they are based on canned fishes, and thats a no no for me too- even the fat free type. I use canned tuna in tomato paste with spices and vegetables and noodles.. kind alike the casserole you describe but tomato instead of mayo based... mom can't handle mayo in any form either so I was riased that way... good luck... I know of subs for cheese out there.. but I have yet to find a completely dairy free one I can have.. I also want to note- egg whites are not dairy, though yogurt is... I'm actually surprised you can handle yogurt- a lot of people can't.. good luck, maybe someone else will have a solution for you.

AMie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#162302 - 03/19/05 06:35 PM
Danarra

I know that I can get away with chicken - white meat only, no skin, but I don't eat it anyway, cause I'm doing the basic vegetarian thing. And any kind of fish leaves me in a lot of pain. I tried not eating yogurt and oddly felt worse - once I added that back in I did fine.
Now that I've got a handle on the IBS, I've got the flu. If it ain't one thing...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1432 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2364

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review