All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help! Need a 2 layer chocolate cake recipe by thursday
      #139274 - 01/17/05 08:17 AM
mom4

Reged: 12/09/04
Loc: central michigan

I need a chocolate cake recipe that is 2 layer in amount and close to the consistency of normal chocolate cake. I am making a decorated 3-d birthday cake and it needs that amount and consisitency. You guys are great. Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! Need a 2 layer chocolate cake recipe by thursday new
      #139293 - 01/17/05 09:28 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I've made Heather's Pepperment fudge cake into a layer cake and frosted it with the 7 min. frosting recipe before and it worked perfectly. If you don't like peppermint flavor you can sub. any other flavor or just use the 1 T. of vanilla and leave out the other flavor. I have also found cake mixes can be used too. Make sure it doesn't have dairy in it if that is what you are trying to avoid. I usually sub applesauce for some or most of the fat and use 2 egg whites for every egg it calls for. I happen to have a Duncan Hines devil food cake and it doesn't have dairy and they have a lower fat recipe on their box.

#139303 - 01/17/05 09:58 AM
turrtle

Reged: 08/22/04
Loc: Hartsville, SC

I use Duncan Hines, Devil's Food. Haven't had any problems with it or the frosting. I just make sure there's no milk in them.

#139392 - 01/17/05 02:33 PM

Unregistered

I would recommend using the Peppermint Fudge Cake too and perhaps eliminating the peppermint if you didn't like that flavor. And I too have no problem using box cake mixes as long you add the safe ingredients like egg whites or a combo or canola oil and applesauce. They turn out great. As far as an icing goes, this is the chocolate frosting I use and it's always a big hit. Let us know how it turns out!

#139473 - 01/18/05 03:20 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

looks like my answers are already here.. one note about a cake mix.. I use 1/4 cup applesauce and 1 tablespoon of oil when I make a boxed cake recipe.. and I use one whole egg and sub whites for the rest.. YUMMY that way and very low fat, but you need at least one yolk to give it the right texture and consistancy...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 385 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1466

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review