All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
baked potato toppings
      #12287 - 06/22/03 05:03 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

If you can't put butter, sour cream, cheese, or bacon on a baked potato, what CAN you top it with? I need some ideas. I'm tired of eating plain baked potatoes. I always loved to eat the peeling too, and now I can't do that either.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: baked potato toppings new
      #12292 - 06/22/03 05:49 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

1.I love taters with freshly cut chives and a DASH of olive oil or margarine. Salt too.
2. Also, I sometimes sprinkle it with a little "mrs. Dash" (dried veggys) which adds a lot of flavour.
3. Top the tater with salsa and some soy parmesan or cheddar.
If you are REALLY into something new try this:
Cut up a few potatoes into chunks (about 1 - 2 inches). In a SEALED plastic bag, throw them in with 1 tsp olive oil, some season salt, garlic powder, any flavouring you want. Mush them all around so the taters get coated all over. Put them on a pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in a hot oven (about 425) until brown and soft on the inside.
YUMMY!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#12294 - 06/22/03 06:02 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I like either soy or rice cheese, sometimes just soy garden spread. You can use baco bits also--they're not real bacon, they're soy.

Re: baked potato toppings..soy cheese new
      #12299 - 06/22/03 10:52 PM
queenie

Reged: 04/04/03
Loc: Texas, USA

which brands of soy or rice cheese are the best? there are some at kroger or i could run to a whole foods market for better quality ones. i'm trying to get into soy cheese but can't find one that compares. suggestions for veggie cream cheese and sour cream would be nice, too. i'd prefer to buy rather than make my own. for some odd reason my step dad gets really pissed when i cook in the kitchen or "make things" we don't "have room for" though he does whatever he wants

thanks
amy

#12307 - 06/23/03 07:54 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I prefer the rice cheeses, I forget the brand, but it has a light blue wrapper. I tried the rice sour cream and its ok, not as creamy and rich as the REAL stuff but ok. I tried the cream cheese and I thought it was horrid! I threw it out it was so bad! I really do find a big difference in taste between the brands, you really do have to keep trying them until you find the ones you like best!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

soy cheese recommendations new
      #12322 - 06/23/03 10:19 AM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I like SoyaKaas cheese (the cheddar will work for cooking and the mozzarella is really convincing), Tofutti Sour Supreme (thin it with lemon juice for a more realistic consistency), Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese, and WholeSoy Creamy Cultured Soy yogurt. Lisanatti Soy-Sation cheese, Yves The Good Slice cheese, and Nancy's Cultured Soy Yogurt have all been recommended to me, but I can't find any of them locally.

#12324 - 06/23/03 10:22 AM
gator

Reged: 05/26/03
Loc: Florida

I use "I can't believe it's not butter" fake butter spray. add some chides, salt and pepper and it tastes great...

--------------------
Thank You

#12440 - 06/24/03 09:46 PM
queenie

Reged: 04/04/03
Loc: Texas, USA

thanks! i went to the health food store and got a few brands to try. the tofutti slices are ok, not convicing enough for me. but the tofutti better than cream cheese onion flavor is ADDICTIVE and wonderful. the plain is ok, and will suffice.

thanks again for all the suggestions. i now have new brands to hunt for.... but man all this taste testing gets pricey

amy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 192 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3691

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review