All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: I know that feeling... new
      #100291 - 08/22/04 02:11 PM
Derekr1

Reged: 08/20/04
Loc: PA

I am now forty and I guess I was 6 or 7 when that picture was taken. My day was good lounge around a lot. The Doc got me a new prescription for the Hemmoroids. They are not as swollen today. Now I am feeling like cooking a nice dinner. Ahhhhhhh.

--------------------
IBS -D since about 1984. Its stress not food that kills me!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I know that feeling... new
      #100351 - 08/22/04 06:48 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

You sure were a cutie, Derek! If you're half as cute now as you were then, your wife's a lucky woman!!

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Now just make sure that nice dinner is IBS safe, okay??!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Worms to the Rescue new
      #100444 - 08/23/04 02:34 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey Bev! I did that yesterday! And I felt so satisfied that I'd got something done. My front garden now looks heaps better (it was a jungle). Today I want to tackle a shrub that's threatening to take over the world...okay, my driveway!

Re: Stupid depression new
      #100445 - 08/23/04 02:35 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Grrr didn't go. I got the shakes, really depressed and turned into an energyless zombie. I hate feeling this ill! It seems as soon as the anxiety simmers down the depression hits with a bang. Not really sure what to do with myself today as everything aches, my bodys fizzing and I'm exhausted. Yuck, yuck, yuck. And there's a pile of washing up to do - again!!!!!

Grrr ... a very grumpy Catherine

#100446 - 08/23/04 02:37 AM
Linz

Have something to eat, have a bath and take an hour just for chilling out.

#100561 - 08/23/04 11:50 AM
LauraSue

Quote:

Grrr didn't go. I got the shakes, really depressed and turned into an energyless zombie. I hate feeling this ill! It seems as soon as the anxiety simmers down the depression hits with a bang. Not really sure what to do with myself today as everything aches, my bodys fizzing and I'm exhausted. Yuck, yuck, yuck. And there's a pile of washing up to do - again!!!!!

Grrr ... a very grumpy Catherine

Sweetie pie, sweetie pie, sweetie pie!! You're physically ill! Depression is not just a "mental" illness, it's a bona fide physical illness too that affects every system in the body! I describe it as having the brain flu, except that it lasts so much longer. Now if you had pneumonia and felt weak and shaky, would you get mad at yourself and think you were lazy?? I certainly hope not. So why is this any different?! You're allowed to have bad days. OKAY????

Remember, it's a long slow convalescence with three steps forward, one step back. You just too a step back is all, because your body NEEDED TO. Now quit beating up on yourself or I shall have to come over there and get very strict with you!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Big grin new
      #100775 - 08/24/04 01:34 AM
CathUK

LauraSue you always put a smile on my face and get me laughing at myself again! Thank you.

It would be easier to have a broken leg - at least I and other people could see it. Being a hugely optimistic person I'm not really used to this depression and don't know the best way to deal with it - do you keep fighting it, do you rest, do you do lots of activities?

Hmm anyway, looks like I'm going to be very busy training that fish catching dog ... although I think the cats would be quite keen to do that too, especally with the fish in the pond I'm inheriting!!!!

#100779 - 08/24/04 04:31 AM
Linz

Fish catching dog? What've I missed? Sounds funny, anyway.

Take it easy Cath, LauraSue is right, recovering from depression is a SLOW process. I forget...are you on meds for it? Sorry! Very fibroed out today - I'm lucky I can remember my password on automatic pilot!

#100803 - 08/24/04 06:45 AM
CathUK

Sorry - it's a bizarre reference to a post I made on another thread (what's your favourite luxury). Yes I am on meds, and they are sort of working, but mainly leave me tired and shakey. Hope your fibro gets better soon.

C

#100881 - 08/24/04 09:29 AM
LauraSue

Quote:

LauraSue you always put a smile on my face and get me laughing at myself again! Thank you.

It would be easier to have a broken leg - at least I and other people could see it. Being a hugely optimistic person I'm not really used to this depression and don't know the best way to deal with it - do you keep fighting it, do you rest, do you do lots of activities?

Hmm anyway, looks like I'm going to be very busy training that fish catching dog ... although I think the cats would be quite keen to do that too, especally with the fish in the pond I'm inheriting!!!!

Well, Cath, I could write books on how I dealt with it, but here's one example that just came to mind. I used to manage my time in one hour chunks, an hour of mindlessness and immobility (for me usually reading a novel) then an hour to do one odious chore, even if it only took 15 minutes to do!! That way I wasn't completely fighting it or completely giving in to it.

Also there's a type of therapy called cognitive therapy that you can do on your own at home with workbooks and things. You identify the negative thoughts that are adding to your depression and counter them with rational responses. I found it quite helpful, again when I was too depressed to do anything else, I'd force myselt to spend 15 minutes on my cognitive therapy exercises. Do a web search or check Amazon.com. There's tons of info.

And yes, I think the cats would be quite keen to catch fish. Maybe they could teach the dog??!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1172 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8188

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review