All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Must be something going around new
      #99765 - 08/20/04 01:07 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I can't take more of it---if it do, it makes my vision blurry. I need a beer. Gosh, it's olyn 4:20 in the afternoon.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Must be something going around new
      #99798 - 08/20/04 02:29 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I'll drink to that, BL!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

You guys are wonderful new
      #99876 - 08/21/04 03:59 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Thank you everyone! You make me feel so normal! I always feel I need to explain what I've been up to - silly, huh?

Anyway, after a very naughty coffee yesterday, I got off my butt and tidied up our bedroom which now looks great, so I did SOMETHING!

Today is better- my frog has gone away for now. And yes, LauraSue, I will take my meds. It's very dumb I know and so not worth it. I've now taken it at the right time 4 days running, so I'm getting back into the swing of things. Going away just always throws me out.

BeagleLover, could you change to another drug? Sounds like that is NOT doing enough and of course you don't want to f**k your eyesight (sorry!). Drowning is NOT a good feeling. You go drag yourself out and pester your doctor. It's not good enough. In the meantime, I always find a walk and some chocolate (plain for me!) cheering. [[[[[[[[[[HUGS]]]]]]]]]]!!!

Re: Nothingness day new
      #99887 - 08/21/04 06:29 AM
Derekr1

Reged: 08/20/04
Loc: PA

Growing up in somewhat rural Indiana and being close to my Grandfather one of the key things that he taught me was "I never heard of a man dying from to much sleep". I used to take a day every week and do stuff around the house in the am then lounge in the afternoon. But I just stopped. Now I have spent the last three days just lying around and it feels so good. I watched old star-trek shows, Mtv and oprah. I had a lot of time doing nothing. But work will be calling me Monday. My new no stress job awaits. It's just more physical now. More time to daydream and thank back about my Grandpa and the memories from my childhood.

"A day is not wasted if you enjoyed it" Derek

--------------------
IBS -D since about 1984. Its stress not food that kills me!

#99919 - 08/21/04 08:04 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

must have been something going around yesterday - the only thing I did was bake a peppermint fudge cake (without peppermint since I was out- but yummy) and get laundry thought the machines (barely ran 3 loads) and watch the contractors some... of course today I'm back at work

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

You know, that kind of wisdom... new
      #99925 - 08/21/04 08:28 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...is really refreshing. It seems like our society in general now is all about *doing*, constantly, non-stop, rush rush rush - it's no wonder our bodies are falling apart, eh? Thank you for sharing your Grandpa's words of wisdom; I'm going to try to remember that.

#99945 - 08/21/04 09:25 AM
LauraSue

Quote:

Growing up in somewhat rural Indiana and being close to my Grandfather one of the key things that he taught me was "I never heard of a man dying from to much sleep". I used to take a day every week and do stuff around the house in the am then lounge in the afternoon. But I just stopped. Now I have spent the last three days just lying around and it feels so good. I watched old star-trek shows, Mtv and oprah. I had a lot of time doing nothing. But work will be calling me Monday. My new no stress job awaits. It's just more physical now. More time to daydream and thank back about my Grandpa and the memories from my childhood.

"A day is not wasted if you enjoyed it" Derek

Derek, what a COOL post!! I love the quote from your grandfather and from your signature!! Welcome aboard, I saw your post on the Diet board last night but was too tired to reply. Good to have you here!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: You guys are wonderful new
      #99947 - 08/21/04 09:27 AM
LauraSue

Good job, Linz!! 4 days on schedule is excellent! I bet you're feeling better already. Congrats on tidying the bedroom! That counts as a major accomplishment in FibroWorld!! Like a gold medal in the FibroOlympics!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#99950 - 08/21/04 09:28 AM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

We all need to have some "do-nothing" days. We always feel guilty if we didn't accomplish some chore for the day but our bodies & minds need time to just "veg" occasionally. So don't feel guilty and just enjoy!

#99953 - 08/21/04 09:34 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

It sounds Like you had a great grandfather. It seems now if your not always doing somthing or your house isn't prefectly clean then you are lazy. I used to worry about my house all the time and what people would think if it wasn't perfect but for the last month forget about. If are clothes are clean and the dishes done were good to go. Besides Clutter gives a house a good lived in look right? Right someone tell me I am right Good luck and Welcome
Heather7476

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 641 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8198

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review