All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I am new here but not new to the perils of IBS
      #99068 - 08/18/04 07:59 AM
francesca

Reged: 08/18/04
Loc: high desert, so california

HI..my name is Francesca and i would like to know if anyone gets spasms in their intestines...i don't mean cramps...i mean spasms...like when you see a leg muscle twitch...or when your eye twitches...that kind of feeling...i have had this now for a week...and this is a new symptom. i appreciate any comments anyone has on this..i am a 49 year old female, vegetarian of european decent. thank you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am new here but not new to the perils of IBS new
      #99077 - 08/18/04 08:36 AM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

Welcome Francesca! I've had every kind of cramp out there so don't know if any of them were spasms. You might get more response if you post the IBS problems in the IBS Diet section. That's where all these type questions are. The Living Room is mainly for non IBS chit chat.

#99105 - 08/18/04 09:27 AM
littleone24

Reged: 05/30/04
Loc: London, Ontario

Yes I get spasms. It was all the time after I ate for a while, now I get them for about 5 minutes after I eat certain things.

#99109 - 08/18/04 09:35 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Francesca and welcome!! I'm 51, nice to have someone else here close to my age (not that I don't love and adore everyone here!!).

I can't say I've had twitches like you describe, but I wouldn't be surprised if I did! This is one weird condition we all have!! It is actually a disorder of the autonomic nervous system, so it can affect just about anything.

Do you take an antispasmodic like Bentyl? Try drinking some peppermint tea (a natural antispasmodic) and see if it stops. If it persists and bothers you enough, of course check it out with your doctor, like any new symptom. But chances are it's probably nothing to worry about.

Welcome again and keep coming back! Oh, and like Crampgirl said, couldn't hurt to post the same question in the IBS Diet board. More people hangout there than here.

See ya round!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Welcome, Francesca new
      #99225 - 08/18/04 03:16 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

I'm not really sure if this is what you are talking about but could it be gas passing through your intestines? Maybe like a fluttering feeling??? Have you tried taking something for gas and see if that helps. Hopefully, it's not painful.

Barbie

--------------------

#99228 - 08/18/04 03:19 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

YES! when I got put on antispasmodics they went away.. I take them as needed, but I notice I never get the spasms like that since I started taking the nulev when my tummy was going to act up at the beginning of it.. or even before I ate a trigger food.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 820 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 802

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review