All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
"Party at My Desk" turned into a flop....
      #97409 - 08/11/04 08:05 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

well, my week without my supervisor has turned into a hectic one. First thing Monday morning we had trouble with one of our pieces of equipment in my department, so I spent all day Monday and all Tuesday morning trying to get it to work...along with the help of another gal in my department....finally I decided to try and run a job through our "back-up" piece of equipment. We were told by our supervisor for the past three months that it didn't work....well it does work, with no problems so far what so ever! So not sure why he said it didn't work. Before I found out that the one machine worked, I was able to get a hold of my supervisor on his cell phone yesterday and he said I was doing everything he would and to keep trying. He doesn't know that we got things to run on the machine that he said didn't work.

Now this gal I work with is talking all the time...driving me nuts because I'm trying to get some things done (like type this post). She keeps telling me and everyone else that I'm the superstar for thinking to try the machine that supposedly didn't work. She keeps asking me if I did this and that and then when I say yes she says "you're so on top of things". Duh! I'm just doing my job! Then when I told her I already tried the broke machine again this morning....she is in there right now trying it...she said "I'm just going to give it a try to say that I did". That drives me nuts! Ya know?

Anyway.....things are going a bit better and smoother today.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: "Party at My Desk" turned into a flop.... new
      #97412 - 08/11/04 08:16 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

well, my week without my supervisor has turned into a hectic one. First thing Monday morning we had trouble with one of our pieces of equipment in my department, EEwww....I hate it when that happens! so I spent all day Monday and all Tuesday morning trying to get it to work...along with the help of another gal in my department....finally I decided to try and run a job through our "back-up" piece of equipment. We were told by our supervisor for the past three months that it didn't work....well it does work, with no problems so far what so ever! So not sure why he said it didn't work. Good thinking!! Before I found out that the one machine worked, I was able to get a hold of my supervisor on his cell phone yesterday and he said I was doing everything he would and to keep trying. He doesn't know that we got things to run on the machine that he said didn't work.

Now this gal I work with is talking all the time...driving me nuts because I'm trying to get some things done (like type this post). LOL you are so funny! She keeps telling me and everyone else that I'm the superstar for thinking to try the machine that supposedly didn't work. She keeps asking me if I did this and that and then when I say yes she says "you're so on top of things". Duh! I'm just doing my job! Then when I told her I already tried the broke machine again this morning....she is in there right now trying it...she said "I'm just going to give it a try to say that I did". That drives me nuts! Ya know?

Anyway.....things are going a bit better and smoother today. GOOD.... time to get back to the "party at your desk now!"

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Yaay, Nugget is a "superstar" new
      #97496 - 08/11/04 12:40 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey Nugget,

That's not too bad....being called a superstar. Enjoy the compliment!

Maybe you still have a little time to party....it's never too late.

Just got back from taking Rusty for his walk. He loves his walks soooo much....when I tell him we are going he does a little dance and goes round & round in circles & his tail is wagging big time. For some reason walks don't get me that excited. hehehe

Have fun
Barbie

--------------------

Re: Yaay, Nugget is a "superstar" new
      #97510 - 08/11/04 01:23 PM
Nugget

Thanks Barbie....I did take the "superstar" as a compliment...but she just keeps going on and on and on and it's getting a little old.

I know what you mean about the "happy walk dance" my dog does that too. I always put a harness on him because he was a "puller". So when I get his harness out he gets all excited and sits patiently as I put it on him and then he runs around. Our other dog likes to carry his leash with him in his mouth. We don't even have to have it in our hand. We just clip it to his collar and then coil it up so he can carry it in his mouth. Aren't dogs great!

#97519 - 08/11/04 01:59 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Nugget, how are you? Are all workplaces crazy, or just all the ones everyone here has worked at??!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Dog leash.... new
      #97524 - 08/11/04 02:10 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey Nugget,

How funny you should mention that. Rusty only does that when we go for a ride in the car. He has to have his leash in his mouth in the car with his head sticking out the window and then when he runs in the back yard. He doesn't do that on his walks. Who knows???

Barbie

--------------------

Hi Laura.... new
      #97549 - 08/11/04 02:41 PM
Nugget

I'm doing real good. Thanks for asking. How are you doing? Funny thing is that I used to be IBS-D before going on Effexor. Haven't had to use Imodium for almost 2 months! But, now I have C....or at least I think I do. I go practically every day but they are hard and sometimes I have pain in my abdomen...like right now...(sorry for the gross details). But I'm thankful that I'm not running to the bathroom all the time or having to worry about having a D attack away from home.

Yes I think most workplaces are crazy....or at least all the ones I've worked at. The owner/president here never even thanked me for figureing out a way to get the jobs out with the one machine broke down. He never even checked to see how things were going. So frustrating. There are people here who appreciate my efforts and the help of the other gal in my department, but it would be nice if the owner/president showed some interest and concern and appreciation. Ya know? If we hadn't figured out a way to make things work, some people would have had to go home because of lack of work and it would have been that way for over a week and the customers would have been mad because there jobs would be late, etc. So the way I see it we saved some money and made some money at the same time by finding a way to make things work. Oh well, I know I did a good job and at least there are some other people here who think so, too. It will be interesting to see what reaction my supervisor has when he finds out we were able to run jobs on the machine he said was broke.

Sorry for rambling so much......

Re: Hi Laura.... new
      #97552 - 08/11/04 02:52 PM
LauraSue

Ramble on as much as you like, hon! I used to work for a VERY large company (250,000 employees!!). And it was totally insane there too. But I noticed one thing -- the good people all know who the other good people are! And that was always enough for me. So even if you're the only good person there, YOU know you're good and that's what counts!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Thanks Laura...-nt- new
      #97554 - 08/11/04 02:55 PM
Nugget

#97670 - 08/11/04 11:30 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Nugget,

Sorry to hear your desk party, Superstar!!!! I'm with Shell, maybe now that things have calmed down you will still have time.

--------------------
Janey

#97672 - 08/11/04 11:46 PM
marymom

Reged: 07/24/04
Loc: S Florida

bouncing right in on this one...excuse my abrupt introduction, hi Im mary, Ive been posting on the crohns/colitis board and thought Id peek in over here... (cruise in buzzing on my wee dose of steroids more honestly...)and have you tried fish oil for the 'C'? I have heard the fish oil has anti swelling properties and it helps with 'C', when I am not flaring I use it with success, have to play to find the amt for you and I always prefer a nice brand from a healthy food store but you can get it real inexpensively pretty much anywhere... also I like evening primrose oil alot.
~mary

#97782 - 08/12/04 11:04 AM
LauraSue

Hi, Mary!! Welcome!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4021 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2323

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review