All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pucker Up!
      #95400 - 08/03/04 04:02 PM
LLL

Reged: 01/30/03

Okay, this is a random question and I'm not sure where to post it, but here goes. Burt's Bees just came out with an awesome new product - Lip Shimmer. So, I guess this is sort of a lipstick question. I've been using the lip balm for about as long as I've been on the Heather plan (getting close to five years now), so I know it's all safe and good (and wonderfully pepperminty). However, this morning I noticed that the awesome new Lip Shimmer has totally different ingredients than the tried and true lip balm - Cocoa Butter and Castor Oil to name a couple. Which brings me to the random question. Is it safe, ibs-wise, to smear something with cocoa butter on you lips. Didn't I read somewhere that women end up ingesting something like 80% of their lipstick. I hope someone has an answer for this. I really don't want to throw this out. It makes me feel pretty and the peppermint tingle is always a thrill.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pucker Up! new
      #95403 - 08/03/04 04:09 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I think the amounts involved should be okay. Just keep an eye on it the first few days you wear it. If you see any signs of trouble, you can just save it for special occasions. But I'd be real surprised.

By the way, welcome!! Haven't had the pleasure yet!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

I love my Lip Shimmers! new
      #95416 - 08/03/04 05:01 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I just wish I could afford one in every color! Heh.

I've been wearing mine for a while with no problems. I don't wear it every day, but still - hope that helps ease your mind a little!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 724 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 321

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review