All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Just one little 'I'm grateful for'...
      #94419 - 07/30/04 06:27 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I am so greatful for an understanding boss!
I had to ring in sick yesterday, but just left a message and I get a bit (a lot) stressed about phoning in sick 'cause I hate being away a lot. So today I tried to go in, but the pains in my stomach were so bad so I rang in again, but this time spoke to my boss directly.
She was so understanding. She said if I was in a lot of pain, there is no way I should come in and to try and take it easy over the weekend and she hoped I felt better and stuff! She asked me about how my appointment with the dietician went, and about when I could get in to see my GI doc again and just said she was sorry there was nothing I could do to feel better - real sympathy! She also said I should come in on Monday, but I could go home if I couldn't last the day because at least then it's not marked down as a sick day as long as I try to go in.
I felt like a huge weight had been lifted after talking to her and don't feel that usual guilt I feel when I am home from work.
So that is my addition to all the things we are thankful for.
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just one little 'I'm grateful for'... new
      #94428 - 07/30/04 07:02 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Isn't it so wonderful to have people who understand. My boss was wonderful too. Well, she had a bit of IBS too and so she was super understanding when I had to spend the day in the bathroom. My other boss was great too. He never flinched when he had to answer the phone for the 80th time in a row because I was still in the bathroom LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#94482 - 07/30/04 09:21 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Steph,

I have a very understanding boss too and it makes working so much easier. If I am sick he doesn't hesitate to say stay home or go home if I am already at work. His attitude makes me feel less stress at work.

--------------------
Janey

#94496 - 07/30/04 09:43 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Steph, that's great! It really does make a huge difference doesn't it?! How are ya hon? I haven't had time to catch up yet. Hope everything's okay (other than the darn IBS of course).

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

For Laura Sue new
      #94503 - 07/30/04 10:03 AM
Stephie

Hey, you're back!! Good to see ya!
Thanks for asking, but things are not so good right now. Stress has gone into a bit of overdrive 'cause of some family stuff in Canada, and my mom freaking out and crying on the phone, and my Uncle going from bad to worse. But then she says things are okay. And then it's bad again. It's like a really cruel ping-pong game, really.
I was doing pretty well, 6 weeks stable! Then the D came back, and now I am getting the worst actually stomach 'aches' I have had in a long time, so that's a pain.. literally..
My job is at least going well, I am actually working finally so the day goes by much quicker. The only bad news is that front is that we are moving offices to a really bad area, that will take about 35 minutes longer for me to get to so I am not looking forward to my new commute.. or leaving by myself when I work late shifts 'cause it's a really dodgy area.
Other than that.. hmm.. things with boyfriend are good, the weather has been really warm (which I think makes my tummy worse but I like the sun anyway!), we are having a BBQ this weekend and planning to go to the Isle of White.. or Wight.. or something.. for 3 days at the end of August.
I went to see a dietician yesterday and she was basically no help at all, but she was really nice and gave me some information about gut stimulants.
Ooh, and we got a thing about my boyfriend's immigration application in the mail today saying they were processing it now, so that's good news.
How about you?? Tummy still good? Fibro.. ok?
Cheers!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Steph new
      #94507 - 07/30/04 10:06 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey, that's so cool about your boss. It must make such a difference. Glad it's going okay there. Pity about the office move though.

Where in the Isle of Wight are you going? I was born there and my Dad and brother work there, so I know it pretty well.

When are you and the boyfriend heading off to Canada?

LINZ! You're back!!! new
      #94511 - 07/30/04 10:12 AM
Stephie

Hey you!!
So, so so, How was everything???

Um, I don't know where we are going on the Isle of Wight (thank you for the spelling...) We are going with my boyfriend's friend as his Dad lives there and is mega rich so has a big house we can all stay in, with a pool and stuff!
Well, we are _supposed_ to go to Canada on December 8th but boyfriend hasn't reserved a ticket yet so I think he wants to make sure everything is okay to go (immigration wise, etc) and will leave it to the last minute.. you know, so a flight will cost him a million pounds.. Anyway, I might go back earlier than that as well because my Uncle is so sick and if my family asks me to go, I'll go. That could be any time.
Anyway, who cares about me, How are you??
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: LINZ! You're back!!! new
      #94515 - 07/30/04 10:17 AM
Linz

Hey, I care bout you! What's up with your uncle? I guess you're family's pretty close, huh?

Men! They seem to hate being organised.

Enjoy the Isle of Wight. It's pretty nice as long as you're not looking for a wild night-life!

Anyway, back to me! The wedding was FANTASTIC! Really, the best day ever. The sun even shone (and that was the Saturday after we'd had all those gales!). It was just magical. The honeymoon was lovely, although Si had toothache (!) for the first week and we had to get a tow from the lifeboat at the end cos the engine gave up on us mid-Channel! But hey, it was an adventure.

Re: LINZ! You're back!!! new
      #94530 - 07/30/04 10:29 AM
Stephie

Hiya,
Aww, I am so happy that your wedding went so well! That is exactly what you should feel like after your wedding, that it was the best, magical day ever! I am so happy for you! Sucks that Si wasn't well on the honeymoon, but as long as it didn't ruin the trip, you survived so that's all! The tow story is at least funny to tell now, and it does make it sound like more of an adventure!

Stuff with my Uncle is that he has cancer, and it's bad. He has moved into my old bedroom at my parent's house in Canada, but then has had to go back and forth in and out of hospital 'cause it keeps going from bad to worse.. I guess that's how cancer goes though, huh? Anyway, he has left me everything in his will and stuff like that, but nobody in my family can decide whether I should come home or not. They know it would cripple me financially, but then.. he's going to die, no question.. Anyway, the stress has gotten to me big time the last week or so and after 6 weeks of stability, my bloody D came back and now i have this continuous ache in my belly that I can't seem to rid myself of.
As for our trip to the Isle of Wight, I think we are just going to chill out and relax and play in the pool and drink wine.. well, they will drink wine.. I will drink water and flat gingerale but whatever! I was looking forward to it a lot more my IBS kicked up again, but I am hoping I will be at least stable enough to survive the car/ferry ride and I'll be alright.
Oh, and you'll appreciate this.. my office is moving to Lewisham High Street! Lewisham is not just a toilet, according to my friends, but THE toilet. The pedestrianized area is full of people, just standing around who I am sure are gonna mug me at any moment! Especially 'cause I report theft all day long, in Lewisham, so I hold my bag pretty close!
Anyway, I am so glad you had such an awesome wedding and honeymoon but I am also so glad you're back!
*hugs*
Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Steph new
      #94538 - 07/30/04 10:36 AM
Linz

Aww, thanks honey!

The Isle of Wight is perfect for chilling out. And if you're going by the car ferry, then it has loos and everything. The hi-speed doesn't have loos, but it only takes 20minutes!

That situation with your uncle sucks. Cancer is so horrible. And I guess no-one knows how long he could survive either?

Aw, well...enjoy your holiday and try to get back on track.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5876 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1380

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review