All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question for the ladies...
      #94382 - 07/29/04 10:40 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I'm hoping some of you ladies might have some advice for me on a "female" problem I'm having.

I have endometriosis and I take BC pills all the time so that I don't get a period. I usually take 7 days off every 4 months or so, lately I've been going longer because I just can't stand the pain that comes with my period. Well, today I woke up bleeding quite heavily. Spotting I know is common when you suppress your periods, but I've pretty much got a full blown period and I haven't missed any pills.

I tried calling my ob-gyn but she's out of town, I think I can get in to see my regular doc tomorrow but any advice in the meantime would be great. It's not a good thing, because with the kidney infection I have and the other abdominal pain that sent me to emerg, the cramps that are coming with this bleeding are getting to be more than I can bear. So anyone with any suggestions...anything at all...that would be great.

Thanks again,
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

i got nothin'. sorry, kel. hope you're feeling better ASAP. -nt- new
      #94402 - 07/30/04 04:17 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

Re: Question for the ladies... new
      #94447 - 07/30/04 08:17 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sorry Sweetie, I don't have much either! I used to take the pill for 18 years and would go over 6 months without a period and only very minimal spotting, never any real bleeding. Try the heating pad, that always helps me. Feel better soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Question for the ladies... new
      #94502 - 07/30/04 09:59 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hey, Kelly, did you get to see your regular doc today? Hope everything's okay. You sure have had a run of bad luck lately, hon! That's SO not fair. I'll file a complaint about it just as soon as I can figure out who's in charge!!

Feel better, sweetie.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1736 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 522

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review