All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Well, I guess it's safe to share this now...
      #93668 - 07/27/04 07:26 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

We've been in the process of buying a house since April, and I haven't said much about it because it's been one problem after another. But we got the news yesterday that the appraisal process is done, so things are moving forward... we just have to get a plumber and an electrician for a couple estimates, and then we'll FINALLY get a close date. So exciting!

Here's where I'll be living in - hopefully - another 6 weeks or so:

Don't be fooled by how little it looks... it's a 4-bedroom. That pic is from a couple weeks ago... this next one is from back in April, when we looked at it... the more recent picture of the back, the shrubs are so overgrown that you can barely see the deck! (It's a good thing I don't mind yardwork.)

I could go on and on about the place, haha, so I'll just shut my trap for now before I bore everyone to tears. I'm so excited, though. It's such a kicka$$ house, and I will be SO happy to move out of this awful shoebox apartment and into *that*!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Well, I guess it's safe to share this now... new
      #93670 - 07/27/04 07:30 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

That house is so cute! Put up pictures of the inside too when you get the chance! I totally relate to the house buying pains... our process was really really painful. But I'm glad we have our house now! Congrats!!

How beautiful!! new
      #93671 - 07/27/04 07:31 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

OMG!!!! I'm sooooooo jealous! I so badly want to live on the east coast but my hubby won't give in. That house just reminds of it there. I love it. Congratulations. Tell me more about it! Any other pics?? Maybe of the inside?

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Inside pics... since you insist. Heh. new
      #93674 - 07/27/04 07:42 PM
atomic rose

I'm sorry to hear your housebuying experience wasn't exactly smooth either. I think I was just spoiled. The last home I bought was in the D.C. area, and I swear, EVERYTHING - from looking at it to moving in - was done in 3 WEEKS. It was insane. So this time, it just feels like the entire process is moving soooo sloooowly.

I don't have too many inside pics... it's hard to get pictures of rooms, and kind of boring if they're just empty rooms anyway, heh. But here's the kitchen, very '70s but we love it, the only thing we're changing is that curtain:

And in keeping with the subject matter of the site - a bathroom! Haha. All 3 bathrooms are tiled - floors and some walls - with stained-glass windows.

There's stained-glass windows in the dining room and living room, too. The yard is all done in tiers, with little stone walls, and all but a section about 8' by 6' is landscaped. It's really just gorgeous. And it's an older house, too - built in 1920 - I love old houses.

Have I mentioned yet that I can't wait to move in? Hehehe.

Oh, and thanks!

Re: Inside pics... since you insist. Heh. new
      #93676 - 07/27/04 07:46 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh, it was kind of our fault. Our first house and we had to choose it in a weekend. We saw 40 houses in 2 days. We didn't have the time or the money to come back, so when things started going amuck with the three houses we liked we were panicked. In the end we spent more money than I would have liked, but we got our first choice. There were just all sorts of issues with mortgage companies etc. Next time we're going to rent for awhile in a city before we buy a house.

Also, I LOVE that bathroom. How cool is that window with the tile? And I dig the retro kitchen too.

#93678 - 07/27/04 07:48 PM
RachelT

It really looks like a nice place Casey. I'm very excited for you.

My hubby and I bought our first house July of last year. So that feeling of a new house is still somewhat there. We've done ALOT of changes since then though. Painting, replacing carpeting, and building a retaining wall out front. We're still very happy here.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Thanks! new
      #93680 - 07/27/04 07:56 PM
atomic rose

I sort of feel like a wet blanket on the whole process sometimes... this is his first house but my third, so it's kind of not as much of a big deal to me, you know? But *now* I'm excited, heh.

The changes are a good thing, though - they're what makes the place really yours. Glad to hear you're so happy there!

#93683 - 07/27/04 08:00 PM
atomic rose

My favorite feature of the bathrooms? Heat lamps. I get cold even in the middle of the summer... I can't wait to soak in a hot bubble bath with the heat lamp on me. Haha.

Yeah, I can see where a rush like that would make the process difficult. 40 houses in 2 days... damn! We only saw 10 houses in 1 day and we STILL had trouble keeping them all straight! Anyway, glad to hear it all worked out!

Re: Thanks! new
      #93684 - 07/27/04 08:00 PM
RachelT

Quote:

The changes are a good thing, though - they're what makes the place really yours.

I second that thought!! It never really felt like our house until we changed the floors. We put a really nice creamy colored burbur in and changed the vinyl kitchen floor and carpet in the dining room to an oak wood laminate. That just made all the difference in the world.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Re: Thanks! new
      #93692 - 07/27/04 08:14 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Casey your home is GORGEOUS!!!!!! I love it! I can't wait to hear more on it

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2025 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3919

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review