All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
I got new contacts!
      #93546 - 07/27/04 01:54 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I went to a new eye doctor today, and he gave me some bifocal contacts to try. So far, I am seeing so much better---in the distance and up close! I have been reading my book all afternoon-----and no squinting!!! It's great to be free of my glasses.

He said my farsightedness had gotten a lot worse since last year, and no wonder I was having problems reading. Yikes! I should've gone to the doctor much sooner.

The only problem is I've had a tiny headache today with the bifocal contacts on. Does anyone know if this is normal? Will this go away as I get used to them?

Or are you ladies too young to have to wear bifocal contacts? It's probably something just for old ladies like me.

I have to tell you I laughed when the doctor walked in the room---because he didn't look much older than my sons! He said what's so funny? I said, "I must be getting really old! All the doctors look so YOUNG to me!" He just laughed and said, "You're making me blush." He was a cutie too! Dark curly hair and the greatest sense of humor! And best of all, he alleviated my squinting!!!

Back to my novel .....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I got new contacts! new
      #93560 - 07/27/04 02:13 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Aren't they great?? I've ad mine for about 6 years and I love them! They can get annoying (and very expensive!!) but they're fantastic.

As for your headaches, my doctor told me that for the first day, I should only wear them for about 4 hours, then each day increase 2 hours a days until I could wear them all day without anything being affected. I hope this helps! Congratulations! It's great to see perfectly, huh?

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

hmmmmmmm......so the doc was cute, huh? new
      #93562 - 07/27/04 02:15 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey BL,

It really makes it better when the doc is cute....ha ha

I am "old", too, so I need reading glasses. I have tried bifocals but I couldn't wear them because they made me dizzy and I was always afraid I would fall. So.....I wear reading glasses for when I read only....on a chain around my neck for easy access. I don't need glasses for watching TV, driving, etc. I was always scared to try contacts because I freak out about putting something in my eyes but I have friends that swear by their bifocal contacts. Hope you enjoy yours.

Barbie

--------------------

#93582 - 07/27/04 02:52 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Yay for new "eyes"! And a bigger yay for cute eye docs! Tee hee!

I get a headache for a couple days every single time I get new glasses or contacts. I'm almost positive it's normal, and it'll go away as you adjust. Now get back to that novel!

#93596 - 07/27/04 03:29 PM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

LOL, was that a romance novel you were reading and got side-tracked thinking of the eye doctor? Just teasing, glad to hear the contacts are working out well.I tend to have slight headaches each time i have stronger lenses put in my glasses,so im guessing the contacts would do the same.It will pass soon.Are they like regular bifocals where the lower half of the contacts are the bifocals or how does that work?

#93623 - 07/27/04 04:56 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Congratulations on being able to see again. I think any time there is a change in an eye prescription there will be several days of adjustment. If your headache continues after a few days I would call your eye doc.

--------------------
Janey

#93731 - 07/28/04 04:05 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Yes BL that is normal to have a headache while adjusting to your new RX.

I haven't worked in Eye Care for four years - my question is, have bifocal contact lenses improved in the past four years? Four years ago the doctors I worked for still had a diffcult time making them work for their patients.

BTW where is Michelle? She is an Optician.

Where is Michele? new
      #93753 - 07/28/04 06:27 AM
BL

I emailed Michele, but haven't heard from her. Calling Michele! I need to talk to her!

Re: Where is Michele? new
      #93768 - 07/28/04 07:26 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I talk to her everyday! I'll let her know you want to talk to her. She said she's busy this morning but maybe this afternoon!

--------------------
~Cara~

Cara, she emailed me!---nt--- new
      #93789 - 07/28/04 08:02 AM
BL

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2969 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1569

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review