All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
... And then someone called me fat!
      #92937 - 07/25/04 12:24 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

So anyone who read my last post knows my life has been all kinds of stress and just plain ol' crap lately and I've been having a hard time keeping my head above water.
Well, today it went under.
Turns out my friend in England (my ONE friend other than my Canadian girl friend that came over here with me) has been telling my boyfriend how it looks like I've gained a bunch of weight, and am looking fat and stuff.
Yep, that's just what I wanted to hear when I was feeling fragile and run down and in desperate need of support from _somewhere_ - that I'm fat. Nice.
Truth is, about a month ago I gained about 5 lbs. But he didn't say anything then. It's since I've come back from holiday (when I truly wasn't eating much) that he's started saying stuff to my boyfriend. Who eventually told me just now as I overheard something about me and demanded to know what it was. He said he denied it, said I don't look bigger, he doesn't think I've gained any weight and has reassured me of the same... but I don't care! I feel like I had one string of strength left, and now it's gone.
My mom is now several more days late with updating me on things in Canada as well and I finally shelled out the long distance fees to call her a few minutes ago, and got the machine.
And the boyfriend and I had a big fight today, for no apparent reason except that he is irritable because he got a heat rash and I annoyed him by keeping too much food in packages in the room (pretzels and stuff like that). WELL, IF YOUR BLOODY FAMILY DIDN'T EAT ANY FOOD I LEFT DOWNSTAIRS I WOULDN'T KEEP IT HERE!!
Uh, sorry, that went on longer than I intended...
Off to go eat something (just kidding)
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

When it rains... new
      #92941 - 07/25/04 12:48 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

...it pours.

I don't know what your "friend's" problem is, but five pounds isn't much to begin with, and why is he looking at you that closely, anyway??? Maybe he has a thing for you, and dissing you to your BF is an odd cover.

In any case, you're beautiful, so don't sweat it, okay? Take some deep cleansing breaths.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: ... And then someone called me fat! new
      #92943 - 07/25/04 12:56 PM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

Steph,
Hugs to you. Sorry you are having such a hard time. I don't think some men are aware of how sensitive some of us women are about our weight & that what they say as constructive critisism (spelling) we take as hurtful. I hope that you feel better.

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

I second Christine... new
      #92946 - 07/25/04 01:05 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Dude, I have a hard time noticing when someone gains/loses *20* pounds, haha. He had to have been REALLY checking you out to notice something as tiny as 5lbs. Jeez.

You're beautiful, exactly the way you are. I know it sucks to hear something like that from someone who you thought was a friend, and I don't blame the way you feel at all, but try not to let it get you *too* down, ok? *hugs*

YIKES! new
      #92972 - 07/25/04 06:56 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

My gosh, with "friends" like this who needs enemies. And he has some poor timing for gossiping about you.

Whenever crap seems to flow downhill to me...I buy some flowers for myself, take a bubble bath and read a book. It's always the greatest when you can get lost in someone else's life. Maybe that will makeyou feel better.

And you are beautiful the way you as many of these ladies have already told you!!!

Take care and I hope the skies clear soon for you

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

That's so horrible! new
      #92977 - 07/25/04 07:43 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Steph,
That is so not cool what your friend said that about you. Friends definately should not even care enough to even THINK of saying something like that. Such a jerk!
I agree with Christine and Casey, he probably is saying things like that to your boyfriend cause he is jealous and wants a sexy gal like you for himself . Think about when girls gossip about each other gaining weight- it usually has to do with jealousy or thier own self esteem issues.
What a stupid guy- I thought that they all knew by now that one of the cardinal rules was to NEVER EVER comment on a girl's weight, even if it's not to their face. The fact that you were close enough to almost overhear it makes him even MORE stupid.
Such a jerk.
Remember that you are beautiful.

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: ... And then someone called me fat! new
      #92991 - 07/25/04 08:35 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

ok.. well happenings in my life over the past few months have made me pretty darn bitter about boys... so here's my terrible advice. haha.

1. next time you are out with friend make sure you loudly say (when you're sure he's listening in) that A) not only does it look like he put on not FIVE BUT TEN POUNDS.. and that his muscles are totally covered with sick gross cottage cheesy flab.

2. your boyfriend should realize.. hello you just got called fat.. the last thing you need to get yelled at for is keeping food around.. haha boys are sooo clueless. I'm sure you're aggrevation about all the crap going on in your life made it inevitable to pick a lil fight now and again.. no worries.. i'm sure he understands!

--------------------

How bout "too thin"...... new
      #93042 - 07/26/04 05:52 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Steph,

Too bad that your "friend" couldn't keep his big mouth shut. Besides, 5 lbs shouldn't be enough to even notice.....he must really be looking hard....wonder why???????

I had a similar problem when I lost a lot of weight due to stress. I was really getting too thin but I wasn't trying to.....lots of people would say to me, "Oh, you are so thin."
Like I didn't know! Then I would really obsess about it. I don't know why people have to make comments like that. I was trying to eat everything I could and weighing myself 20 times a day to see if I gained a pound. Those comments would really set me back and stress me out more. Anyway, now I have finally gained weight......so I hope everyone is happy.

Sending hugs your way to help you keep your head above water.

Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2392 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1424

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review