All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hi! Newbie here wanted to introduce myself...
      #92014 - 07/21/04 05:54 AM
Michelle Leigh

Reged: 07/20/04

Hi everybody, my name is Michelle and I'm very new to this site (so glad I stumbled upon it), but not new to the unfreindly problem that plagues us. I've been dealing with IBS for about 4 years now (not knowing it at first), I was "diagnosed" with it in 02. Needless to say very confused and irritated by it. Well for sometime I just dealt with it hoping one day it would just get better and go away, yeah as we all know that just doesn't happen. Actually I had an adverse change, it started on a downward spiral to the negative end of the spectrum. So, I've headed back to doctor and they say the same old thing IBS eat more fiber, take metamucil and etc. Ok, I tried that and doesn't seem to work, so then I honestly fell into my old habits and patterns. I must say first that I do naturally eat very healty, which is why all this greatly confused me. I love fruits veggies, no red meat and so forth, but I was still batteling it. Finally after 4 years I decided to take matters into my own hands before I made another trip to the doctor, didn't want to hear the same ol same o'.

In running a search on the internet for books and extra information I came across this website, so thankful I did. To Heather, THANK YOU! Thank you for speaking out and toching so many peoples lives, I know I appreciate it and I'm only day 5 of your book "The First Year". I've found so much great information on the site, testimonials, and of course by reading the book. I must admit I have found myself being very rebelous at first. Meaning now that I understand what's going on, cause the book is written for REAL people, not for a science class. In understanding the issue and the changes that need to be made, are very scary, in turn I found myself being rebelous eating my favorites more so. Maybe this is why the doctors don't tell us what's really going on and the chagnes that need to be made, or simply as mentioned around town, their just not as educated on this subject yet. NOW that I've gotten farther in the book and calmed my fears of having to change some factors (that I thought were huge), I'm truly looking forward to the changes ahead. I'm working to change my diet and looking to find a yoga class in my area, or even a good video for begginers. I'm also looking forward to learning from all the folks here! So please bare with me as I already know I'll have lots of questions!

So nice to meet you all
Michelle

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hi! Newbie here wanted to introduce myself... new
      #92016 - 07/21/04 06:02 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Hey Michelle, welcome to the boards. There are some really great people here who are extremely understanding and helpful. Feel free to ask away!

--------------------

Re: Hi! Welcome Michelle, for IBS support, this is the place !! -nt- new
      #92020 - 07/21/04 06:09 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Welcome! new
      #92025 - 07/21/04 06:25 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Welcome, Michelle! You definitely came to the right place. Good luck changing your diet... believe me, it's SO worth it. Feel free to ask us any questions you might have!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Hi and welcome, Michelle! -nt- new
      #92028 - 07/21/04 06:39 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Hi michelle- welcome -nt- new
      #92056 - 07/21/04 09:45 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
-Sheri

Welcome to the boards, Michelle! -nt- new
      #92066 - 07/21/04 10:36 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

Welcome, Michelle...This is a great site ! -nt- new
      #92114 - 07/21/04 01:18 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

Welcome, Michelle new
      #92139 - 07/21/04 02:05 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Hi! Newbie here wanted to introduce myself... new
      #92301 - 07/22/04 11:15 AM
mspaschal259

Reged: 05/28/04
Loc: North Carolina , USA

Welcome Michelle,
Good to have you aboard....

--------------------
-----Marilyn-----

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1669 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 558

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review