All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: If you could....... new
      #90014 - 07/14/04 02:04 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I would like to become more carefree and spontaneous. I used to be pretty spontaneous pre-IBS, but even though I'm doing sooo much better I still don't feel "normal" a lot of the time, especially at night... so I end up staying home a lot of the time and missing out on some fun opportunities. I'd love to get back that ability to just get up and do things without worrying about how I'm going to feel.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Stop that darn worrying... new
      #90015 - 07/14/04 02:06 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I worry about everything. I don't want to be like that but I can't turn my mind off. Wish there was an on-off button. Too bad I can't be more like my hubby.....he sleeps so good and I am tossing and turning worrying about something....anything...that I don't even have any control over.

Footloose and fancy free.....wish that could be me.

Guess things could be a lot worse, though, so I am thankful for the other good things in my life.

Barbie

--------------------

#90017 - 07/14/04 02:07 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I would change the way I speak. I don't speak like a normal person. I don't use enough filler words (like, umms), I don't know how to phrase things tentatively enough. I use odd word choices. All of this leads people to make assumptions about me (I'm super confident, I think my opinion is the only one that matters, etc.) that aren't true. If I knew how to speak like everyone else that wouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, Casey! Me too!! Boo Hoo!!!! -nt- new
      #90019 - 07/14/04 02:10 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

thanks Steph..... new
      #90028 - 07/14/04 02:18 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

....I probably would look OK in a swimsuit or shorts if I'd work out and firm up a few places. I'm just lazy about that sort of thing. I've always been self concious of my legs especially.

Same here, Barbie..... new
      #90029 - 07/14/04 02:20 PM
Nugget

...but it is getting better with this Effexor for anxiety. I can tell a difference in how much I worry....or how little now.

#90030 - 07/14/04 02:21 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

What would I change about myself?...

There a few things...
I would stop worrying about what other people think of me.
I would stop worrying about how I look to everyone else. (I hate my legs!)
I would stop procrastinating and just do the things I need to do!
What wouldn't I change though?...
I like making sure other people are happy before me.
I like that I'm a sensitive person, more to the point, I'm very empathetic.
I like that I'm short and I have blonde hair.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

We all like you alot Bev.....{{{{hugs}}}}} -nt- new
      #90031 - 07/14/04 02:21 PM
Nugget

Re: I would stop worrying. new
      #90032 - 07/14/04 02:23 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I think worrying about family members is justified - especially your children. I know that when the day comes and I'm finally a parent, I'm going to worry INCESSANTLY. My mother still worries about me, and I'm almost 30! Heh. I don't think that's ever going to stop... but it's a normal kind of worry.

I never worried about my parents till a couple years ago. Then my father had to have surgery, and my mother ended up in the hospital with chest pains. Ever since then, I've looked at them differently... I know death is one of those inevitable things, but I still worry. My father's talking about moving up here, closer to me, and I seriously couldn't be more thrilled. I keep thinking, "fantastic! if anything happens, he's close to me!" Like I'm going to be able to do a whole lot of anything!! LOL

I worry about my boyfriend a lot. He's has high BP, and I worry about him having a stroke or a heart attack or something. I worry about him getting in an accident on the way home from work (never mind that work is literally 2 miles away from where we live!). Worry worry worry...

See what I mean? LOL!

My stomach/IBS problems started when I was very young, too - mostly with nausea, but still. I guess WHY is no big mystery, heh.

Re: I would try to be more positive
      #90035 - 07/14/04 02:36 PM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

I have come a long way and do keep a pretty positive attitude but some days I have to work at it!! A person could always stand to be more positive though!

--------------------
~Wookie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1057 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17071

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review