All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Mags! new
      #87875 - 07/08/04 01:22 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Mags, I'm so sorry. That must have been a difficult---and painful decision to make.

Glad you are back on the boards!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just a little update.... new
      #87877 - 07/08/04 01:25 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Mags,

I am sorry to hear about you and Chris. Welcome back, you have been missed.

Janey

--------------------
Janey

Mags new
      #87998 - 07/08/04 05:18 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

sorry about the wedding, but soo soo glad you're back.

--------------------

#88078 - 07/08/04 09:13 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hi Mags,

I'm really sorry to hear about what has happened..

I too just ended a relationship that was incredibly important to me, and I feel like I lost someone that I really loved. I know its probably even worse being engaged and ending a relationship.

If you ever need to talk feel free to email me.. I can sympathize and probably feel the same way.

--------------------

For Mags :) new
      #88091 - 07/08/04 09:47 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Hey there!
I don't know you too well and I don't think you know me too well either, but you have answered some of my past posts and been very helpful to me.
I think when I started coming to the site, at the end of April, was when you started coming here less. However, while you've been absent you've still been able to help me out tremendously and I just thought you should know that!
I've read and tried quite a few of your recipes, enjoyed your posts in the living room and vegas board (birthdays, fall sprawl, etc)
As well, when I've searched for something of interest to me, more often than not, it would be a post by you that would be incredibly helpful to me.
So, Mags, thanks for what you've done for me without even knowing. I REALLY look forward to getting to know you.
I am sorry to hear about your relationship, but as I'm sure you know, even though its difficult to accept, everything happens for a good reason - there are just bigger and better things out there for you.
Take care Mags and visit soon!
~*Caryn*~

Hi Mags new
      #88111 - 07/08/04 10:18 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Glad to see you again! I have to say it was nice to see your old pic! That's my favorite one! I hope your holding up ok these days.

How is you IBS doing? Take it easy, OK?!!!!

Very happy to see you again!

--------------------

#88113 - 07/08/04 10:21 PM
CarmenP

Reged: 07/15/03
Loc: Sydney, Australia

Was wondering where you were. Sorry to hear about your wedding.

Lots of support here from everyone

#88204 - 07/09/04 09:16 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Mags I am so sorry about your breakup. Hope you are doing well and your IBS is doing well.

Hugs!!

#89155 - 07/12/04 05:09 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Mags,
Sorry to hear that you've been going through a rough time. I know it's very hard. I imagine it must be kinda like a divorce, and I DO know what that's like.

I don't know why the wedding was called off, but if either party is unhappy, or unsure, or whatever it is; then it's for the best to step out, step back, and think about it. It's better to do it now, than go through with something that one of you might not be fully committed to; because you sure have to have a very strong committment to make it work and you both have to WANT it.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having second thoughts before the marriage, but it would be bad to go through with it knowing one of you were having doubts.

Afterall, you're going to be with each other for the rest of your lives and you don't want to start out without a strong attachment of desire and love. There's going to be rough spots in any marriage, and you sure don't want to start out on shaky ground.

If he called it off, then it's still the best thing for you. You really don't want to be with someone who has doubts about it. If you called it off, same thing goes. It wouldn't be fair to either one of you.

It's for the best for both parties, even if only one of you really wanted to cancel the wedding. So, whatever the circumstances, just remember, Mags, that it's for the best and if the two of you are mean't to be together it'll happen anyway, but if not; then you really don't want to be trapped either with someone who doesn't want you OR someone you don't want. It just wouldn't work out no matter how hard you tried. I've been there!!

I know it hurts and you miss the guy and the relationship, but with time; that will all heal and you'll be happy again and secure with what's happened.
Hang in there,
Terri

#89248 - 07/12/04 11:38 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Mags,

Take the time you need for yourself and please know how much we appreciate all you have done for those of us who visit this site - especially the recipe index.

Life throws us some curly ones doesn't it?

All the best,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 849 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4503

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review