All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Bev, and anyone else, I need some direction, opinion, ideas....!!!!!!
      #86369 - 07/05/04 08:45 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Hubby and I are in need of a trip! Somewhere cooler than Texas!! Maybe the NW or Ne? We want to fly in, rent a car and take a nice road trip.

Normally, we take our trips in the fall, but the rain has stopped all work here on the Ranch and we are going to take advantage of it and try to take off in the next couple of weeks.

The last one we took, we flew in to Reno, drove across California to the Redwoods and drove down the coast to Sacramento and across to TAhoe, stayed there in the middle of a snow storm (first one of the season, loved it all, we never see snow here, went in Nov.)

Now we want to do something like that again, maybe into Oregon and up into Washington State. OR, the Mountains in the East!!!

Bev, I think you mentioned the temps to be in the '70's right now? That sounds so nice, compared to the humidity and 92* today, let me tell you, it is getting hard to breathe and we arent even into July, August and September! I know you have lived in different areas, maybe you could give me some ideas, tips, you know a little direction?

Anyone on the East Coast? I just need some help and ideas,
you dont know how much I would appreciate it!!

Thanks Honeys !!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I know about the heat & humidity....I live in Houston and sweating right now! -nt- new
      #86375 - 07/05/04 08:56 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

Re: Bev, and anyone else, I need some direction, opinion, ideas....!!!!!! new
      #86376 - 07/05/04 08:59 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

The Berkshire mountains in Massachusetts are beautiful to drive through.
Berkshire Site I
Berkshire Site II

Maine! new
      #86378 - 07/05/04 09:00 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Bet you knew I'd suggest that, huh? Hehe.

I can't type much right now, because the sweetie is trying to sleep, but I'll come back with some tourism-type links for you. Since you want to rent a car and roadtrip a little, I'd recommend flying into Portland, and once you're tired of the city, heading north to see the pretty stuff.

If you've never been to Bar Harbor, that's a fun day right there. There's a ferry that leaves from the harbor - the Cat - that goes up to Nova Scotia daily. That would be a great overnighter too.

Oh yeah... and the weather here has been lovely temperature-wise; mid-70s, not humid, mid-50s at night.

What sorts of things are you looking to do? Are you a camper, or would you prefer hotels and nightlife? I'm an east coast girl (New York!) and I can probably suggest more than just Maine stuff.

I love trips! I'm sure you'll have a blast no matter where you decide to go!

Re: Maine! new
      #86390 - 07/05/04 09:13 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I love Maine. My mom grew up in Maine and we used to go at least once a year when we were little and then every other year when we go older. I love Portland area. My favorite place in the world. I have been known to look for jobs for my hubby there so we can move. BTW, the last time I was ther it was 5 years ago and we took one of those boat tours. I remember getting so sick and I couldn't figure out why it was bothering me so much. I found out 5 years ago yesterday (about 2 weeks later) that I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter. I guess I should have known I was pregnant. I actually been getting a little sick in the pool lately with my girls and my sister's kids making too many waves jumping in my sister's pool.

Re: Maine! new
      #86391 - 07/05/04 09:14 AM
gigi

You have great ideas.....

we like:

Hotels, nice restaurants=good food

Not much on night life, though we do love to dance.

Mountains, we loooooove Mountains!! We live in what we call the flatlands in TX!!

We love beautiful scenery we can get out of the car and enjoy, take pics, maybe a picnic.....

ITs our 29th Anniversary, maybe a little romance....close to being past that part of our lives too, hehheheheeee

Thanks for your time and effort, sugar !!

Re: Berkshires,,,,,OMGosh this is beautiful! Thank You !! -nt- new
      #86394 - 07/05/04 09:22 AM
gigi

#86396 - 07/05/04 09:27 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

It's not the mountains, but Duluth, Minnesota is my absolute favorite place to go. Very relaxing!! If you travel up the north shore, you can also visit places like Split Rock Light House, Gooseberry falls and Two Harbors. It hasn't been a very warm summer yet, so considering how close it is to Canada, I think that would cover your desire for cooler temps.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#86402 - 07/05/04 09:48 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

The Berkshires are gorgeous, so is Bar Harbor in Maine. In my old home state of Michigan, the Traverse City area can't be beat for scenery, nice resort hotels and good food, plus the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island (pronounced MAC-i-naw) is a place everyone should stay once in their lives. Very romantic, no cars allowed on the island, horse drawn carriages only!!

I'll be right back with a couple of links. Boy are you going to have a hard time deciding!!

Here they are:

Mackinac Island, Michigan

Traverse City, Michigan

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#86406 - 07/05/04 09:57 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I would include a link for you, but I'm new at this computer thing. I don't quite know how to do that yet.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 199 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2697

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review