All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
JULES!! I saw you on the Slim in 6 Forum!!!!!!
      #83513 - 06/26/04 02:10 PM
Scully30

Reged: 02/01/04
Loc: Overland Park, KS

I needed to find out what to do about having IBS and this diet they want you on.

All they have you eating is whole wheat and not a lot of bread products (which makes up the foundation of all my meals!)....and I am worried that having IBS will sabotage my SI6 plan. I am really liking the program and can see a few results around my hips and abs, and shoulders, but I am wondering how you deal with the diet and still do SI6?? the Fitness advisors seem to think that their diet is "tailor-made" for someone with IBS but they have no clue.

Any suggestions?? I am also starting the ActiVit Fat burner next week.

Jen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

BUMP for Jules!! new
      #83635 - 06/26/04 08:03 PM
Scully30

Re: JULES!! I saw you on the Slim in 6 Forum!!!!!! new
      #83925 - 06/28/04 05:38 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I say continue on with Si6 and with the IBS diet. The IBS diet is still very healthy (so long as you are able to incorporate insoluables and eat lean proteins, etc.). I definitely did not follow Michi's Ladder and I'm very happy with the results I'm getting from Power 90.

Did you start Si6 yet?

--------------------
~jules

#83988 - 06/28/04 08:43 AM
JuLee

Reged: 03/23/04
Loc: Flushing Queens NYC

OMG!!!!

I just signed up for this!

I'll be getting my stuff in the mail in like 5 days!

What's it like?

#84098 - 06/28/04 02:14 PM
jules

I have Power 90 and am SO happy with the results. I didn't lose any weight (don't have a ton to lose) but I replaced lots of fat with muscle. My clothes fit better and I have definite muscle tone. My last day is July 17, which is the last day of my honeymoom so we're skipping the last week (didn't plan that out so well!!). We plan on doing Slim in 6 after the honeymoon. My mom and sister have it and they like it.

--------------------
~jules

WHOO-HOO!! You replied! new
      #84109 - 06/28/04 02:33 PM
Scully30

I am really liking the SI6 so far......
After the first week I am noticing tighter muscles and abs....hopefully my measurements will start to go down, too.

What have you done about the no eating at night thing???? That is hard because I have to eat at 5:30 most nights due to my work and exercise schedule. Most of the time I am starving by 10pm, esp. after working out for so long.

Jen

Re: WHOO-HOO!! You replied! new
      #84272 - 06/29/04 06:01 AM
jules

My philosophy is that I didn't change my eating habits/diet with this workout program. I'm sure that I'll get better results if I did, but with my sensitve tummy that hates change, it's just not worth it to me. Make sure you're eating protein at dinner with some good carbs (sourdough bread or whatever good, ibs-safe carb you can handle) AND that you're having a substancial breakfast. Then, just make sure you don't eat three hours before bedtime. I go to bed around 11-11:30 each night, and eat dinner around 8 p.m. I have a late afternoon snack so I'm not starving by dinnertime.

Hope this helps!!

--------------------
~jules

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1512 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 631

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review