All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
What are your stresses and worries everyone?
      #83400 - 06/26/04 04:45 AM
littleone24

Reged: 05/30/04
Loc: London, Ontario

I was wondering if you all wanted to share your biggest stresses and worries in life. I'm just interested to see if we all have the same level of stress...and those who don't have high stress...I wanted to see if they're feeling slightly better than the rest.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hah... new
      #83405 - 06/26/04 06:04 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

This could take a while... grab a drink and get comfy.

Probably my #1 worry is money. I've literally been worried about money since I was 7. Yes, 7... I remember worrying about mom and dad being able to buy us food, because we were quite poor when I was growing up. (Mind you, we NEVER went without food, but this was my worry.) And I've simply never stopped.

We're in the process of buying a house and it's not going perfectly smoothly... that's stressful.

I can't work right now, and that's stressful. But it was even worse a few months ago, when I wasn't as sick and I COULD work, and couldn't find a job to save my life.

I worry constantly about being sick, which I know is counter-productive in terms of IBS, but I can't seem to help it.

Finally, it's good stress, but it's still somewhat stressful over all... moving to Maine. I love it here, and I adore living with my boyfriend, but everything happened at once and life changes like that ARE stressful, even when it's all good changes.

I won't even get into the stresses of the past 10 years of my life... abuse, divorce, and many, many moves.

Gee, is it any wonder my insides are messed up? And, of course, I'm not even remotely stable - I typically have one or two good days followed by one or two bad ones.

I worry about everything.. new
      #83419 - 06/26/04 07:04 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

its really sad, but my biggest stress is going out and having fun.. basically doing things normal 22 year olds enjoy. I love camping, and going on road trips, and partying and hanging out at other peoples houses, but its so hard at the same time because you never know when you will get diarrhea.. Basically I stress about being able to find and locate a bathroom whereever I am. Not too bad.. I don't stress a whole hellofa lot.. i'm more of a worrier.

hmm and I worry about anything I don't discriminate.. haha.. food, money, going out to dinner, my family, my friends. its bad.. I need to stop.

--------------------

Teenagers--curfews, driving, dating, SATs, college, etc. --nt-- new
      #83424 - 06/26/04 07:19 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: I worry about everything.. new
      #83427 - 06/26/04 07:28 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Me too! I worry a lot! Always have since I was little. My biggest worry is getting cancer. I just have two good friends die last year of cancer. AND my aunt just found out she has it... I think almost everyone worries about that but every little ailement I have I think it's major and think the worst..
Yes I too obsess over if there's gonna be a bathroom wherever I go. Pretty sad isn't it that we have to worry about something so stupid
I worry about my kids, my family, job, money. The norm.
I don't, however, worry about my marriage. I have the most wonderful husband anyone could ask for. We have been married 13 years (dated 9 before we got married). So technically 22 years we've been together and I'm only 36. I wouldn't trade him for the world. He's the best! I wish for all you great single girls on this board to find someone like him.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Stress!!! new
      #83431 - 06/26/04 07:46 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Right now is a pretty high-stress time for me (which is why I haven't been around much lately! ) I finish my grad program in August, so I'm down to the last big bang. My portfolio was due this past thursday and I have a huge research project I've been working on for years due in about 6 weeks. I'm not even close to done!! Yikes.

On top of that, I'm looking for a teaching job for the fall and not having much luck at it so far. I'm really determined to find one, though, so I've been writing cover letters and filling out applications almost every waking moment for the past week!! I've never gone through this process before so I'm scared stiff about my first interview.

That's about all the stress in my life at the moment... except of course for the added stress of having a tummy that decides to go spastic at inapportune times. I'm sure you all know about that. Luckily mine's been nice to me lately... knock on wood.

Actually, with all that said, I'm really not too horribly stressed out at the moment. I'm just very stubborn and determined to get it all done.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: What are your stresses and worries everyone? new
      #83435 - 06/26/04 07:55 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

Love your pic.

I, too, stress about everything. My family, my 85 yr old mom, my daughter-in-law that is pregnant, my mentally disabled neice, what if something happened to my husband, etc. Then silly stuff like if it is raining when I go out and I get stranded in a flood. What if my car won't start or if I get a flat. And, also lately about getting attacked somewhere. And, of course, my fear of eating something that will give me an attack.

Anyway, the list goes on and on... and I usually stress more about this stuff if I wake during the night. It is like a movie playing in my head and I can't turn it off. Whew, in spite of all this I have a really happy life.

Barbie

--------------------

Re: What are your stresses and worries everyone? new
      #83445 - 06/26/04 08:12 AM
Kristine

Reged: 05/15/03
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Gosh, I worry about EVERYTHING. I worry about my job, not having enough time to get everything done in my house (like cleaning), terrorist attacks, etc. You name it. It seems any little thing can trigger me. Clutter also makes me stressed (I'm an anal retentive virgo ) so I feel like I'm on a never-ending battle to getting things under control (Oh yeah, I'm a control freak, too). I can't win.

Kristine

Re: I worry about everything.. new
      #83495 - 06/26/04 12:48 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Sounds like me. I think my biggest worry is something happening to my parents/siblings, or my husband. And cancer - that's a big one. My dad had breast cancer - very rare for a man, and just the most awful time in my life. And my grandma had breast cancer, so I'm also worried about that.
I'm working on my worrying right now with a therpist, because I lose a LOT of sleep with anxiety attacks and worrying. I worry about money a LOT, my job, making everyone happy, keeping everything clean, cooking, etc.

And right now we are closing on our first house next week so that is a helluva lot to think about/do. And that goes back to the worrying about money thing....

I too have a wonderful husband though. I didn't think there were still men like him out there! I went through some really hard times before I met him, and he is my hero.

--------------------
~Cara~

$$$$$$$$$$$$ new
      #83683 - 06/27/04 06:58 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

• $$$
  • horrible job
  • mean people
  • boys (sometimes, but i'm getting better at dealing with this one)
  • fibro pain and weakness
  • $

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1732 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4214

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review