Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question for anyone familiar with strep throat
      #81279 - 06/20/04 03:35 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

I'm hoping to get some advice from anyone familiar with strep throat. I've had it quite a few times but my Mom normally just took care of me and it's been awhile since I've had it as an adult.

Basically, I can't remember how long it's supposed to last. I started antibiotics on Thursday and I'm not feeling any better. I've still got a really sore throat, can barely talk, got a headache, a really bad ear ache and all my joints hurt (on the upside my gut seems to be doing ok with the antibiotics, knock on wood ).

I'm so stressed because I already missed work Friday because of this and now I think I'll have to miss tomorrow as well. I work in a call center, 8 hours of non-stop talking, so obviously if I don't have my voice it's a bit of a problem.

And I've got no appetite whatsoever, chills, and a rash on my knees. Very bizarre.

Anyways, anyone have any tips on home treatment, or whether I should be going back to the doctor? I know you need to give medicine time to work but I would have thought it should be feeling better by now (at least a little).

Thanks in advance for any advice, I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question for anyone familiar with strep throat new
      #81292 - 06/20/04 04:01 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've had strep about a hundred times, but mostly as a kid/teen, so it's hard for me to say personally. But I did see my brother with it not too long ago, and I do think it was 4-5 days before he started showing any real improvement. And yes, he got a weird rash, too. I think losing your appetite and all the rest are pretty normal symptoms as well.

Even so, if you're not feeling better in the morning, I'd definitely call the doctor and ask if that's normal. I'm sure he's going to say it is, but it can't hurt to have the reassurance.

I wish I had some good home treatments to suggest, but my mom's standard illness remedy - a good strong hot toddy - is kinda not-IBS-safe, heh.

Hope you feel better soon, Kelly!

Re: Question for anyone familiar with strep throat new
      #81435 - 06/21/04 08:18 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Kelly, drink some of your favorite tea (hot of course), that is always soothing.

Casey is right, if you aren't feeling any progress today, call the doc! I think your meds should start kicking in today though, it never hurts to keep in contact with the Doc.

Hope your better soon, can you swallow Tylenol? Be taking the 500mg as directed on the bottle. gayla

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2024 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 461

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review