StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone know how Michele is doing? Hope she is doing ok! NT new
      #80261 - 06/17/04 06:46 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I email back and forth with her a lot because of the pregnancy thing. She's doing ok. I don't want to say too much so that she can talk, but she's got some more tests next week to make sure everything is going ok. Say some prayers for her!
She said her nausea is a little better (not constant), but she's very tired.
Anyways, I'll let her tell ya the rest when she checks the boards! I'll tell her you were asking!
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Here I am new
      #80357 - 06/17/04 09:05 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, I'm offically pregnant! By my calcultaions, 5 weeks 5 days! I've been trying to at least read through the board but I've been a bit busy. This pregnancy has been an emotional rollercaoster!

I got my first positive home pregnancy test on June 7th. At that point I had already been nauseous for about 4-5 days. I had my first bloodwork done June 9th, my HCG level was 141, which is good. I had a second set of blood drawn on June 14 and the HCG went up to 573, which is great. HOWEVER, my prpgesterone level is low, its 10.1. The minium should be 15-20.

Progesterone is the hormone that prepares the corpeous lutem (sp?) for the fertilized egg. If there isn't enough progesterone the fertilized egg won't "stick" and you miscarry. Thats what happen to me last month. But last time the level was only 3, under 5-7 is not viable.

So, I'm on progesterone vaginal suppositories twice a day. They burn and are messy, but if should bring the levels up. I have an early ultrasound scheduled next Tueday to make sure its "sticking" and growing as it should. They will also give me an offical due date but I'm guessing around 2-12-05!

The nausea only comes and goes now, where is was constant last week. My boobs are forever sore and I'm so tired that I'm in bed my 9pm! I have had some cramping but my doctor assured me this was normal. I haven't had any spotting which I did last time, so thats a bit reasurring.

Other women with low progesterone have used the suppositories and gone on the have a health baby, others have miscarried. I will have to use the progesterone until 12-14 weeks, thats when the placenta takes over the production.

Ok, I'm sure you know more than you wanted!
I am not a reliqious person but to those of you that are, I ask for your prayers, not for me but for my baby. Thanks for asking about me and I'll give an update next week after the ultrasound.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#80363 - 06/17/04 09:13 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

Hi Michele,

Glad to hear from you. Everyone has missed you on the boards but of course we know you have more important things on your mind right now, a beautiful baby that will be hear for Valentines Day.

Yes, your baby will get loooooooots of prayers as will you. Keep us posted. Sending positive vibes your way.

Best Wishes Little Mother!

Pat

positive thoughts for your Valentine's baby........ coming right up! :) -nt- new
      #80364 - 06/17/04 09:13 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

#80390 - 06/17/04 10:22 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hey, there, sweetie -- congrats!! Okay, let's start the chant:

"Healthy baby, healthy baby, healthy baby!!!!"

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#80425 - 06/17/04 11:20 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Michele,

Boy, does your story bring back memories! After having a miscarriage with my first pregnancy, the doctor discovered my progestrone level was low, so I had to use the suppositories too! I remember them being messy, but I was willing to do anything to have a baby. They helped me---I had 2 healthy babies---13 months apart. Yep, after years of fertility problems, I got pregnant again 4 months after our first son was born. That was a shock!
Don't worry about the suppositories affecting the health of the baby. I've known plenty of people who've used them, and I've never heard of a problem. It's something your body should normally produce, so giving your body a little extra help when the level is low shouldn't cause a problem.
I'll be praying for you and your little one.

#80430 - 06/17/04 11:31 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Thats right Michele, you and your sweet little Angel will get plenty of prayers from me too !

I know you are so excited, these are the best of times !!!

#80431 - 06/17/04 11:33 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

oh yeah.....the pitter patter of little feet!!

best of luck to you honey!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

*good, positive thoughts!* -nt- new
      #80438 - 06/17/04 11:47 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2484 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1201

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review