All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
PET PEEVES
      #79329 - 06/15/04 09:49 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

i was thinking about pet peeves today and i was curious as to what everybody's were. i know Ruchie did a thread about this a long time ago, but i'm bringing it up again.

i have a few pet peeves:

people who chew with their mouths open

drivers who don't give a "courtesy wave" when you let them past you or switch lanes

people who don't say "thank you"

when someone leaves the toilet paper roll empty

so what are YOU pet peeves!?

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: PET PEEVES new
      #79338 - 06/15/04 09:59 AM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

I have a few, too (and I definitley agree with all of yours, Jen!):

*People who take everything for granted and only look at the bad parts of their lives

*Drivers who feel the need to drive 15 mph at all times

*The noise that people make when they eat a banana and they open their mouth every now and again while chewing. It is the nastiest noise ever!

*When American Idol gets moved to a different night because of some worthless TV program!!

I'm going to try and make it to AI auditions this summer so we'll see how that one goes!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

#79346 - 06/15/04 10:18 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

LOL - I hate that banana noise too! Haha.

Let's see...

People who crack their knuckles all the time...

People who badmouth the President and don't vote.

People who swear in every sentence...

I don't know why this bugs me so much - but when people write 'your' instead of 'you're' or 'there' instead of 'their'....ooohh that bothers me...

Being on hold....

There's more but I'm drawing a blank right now!

--------------------
~Cara~

#79349 - 06/15/04 10:19 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

The courtesy wave is one of my biggies. Other drivers in general figure big in my pet peeves, haha.

Scraping of teeth on a fork when eating. I've been known to pick up my plate and leave the room when people do that.

I have more. I'm sure I'll be back later.

Miss Peaches new
      #79356 - 06/15/04 10:26 AM
jenX

• People who take everything for granted and only look at the bad parts of their lives - oh, that's a good one! i hate that too!

• The noise that people make when they eat a banana and they open their mouth every now and again while chewing. It is the nastiest noise ever! -uh oh, i have no idea what you're talking about! i hope that doesn't mean i DO this! LOL.... i don't want to start listening for it, so i'll take your word for it.

• I'm going to try and make it to AI auditions this summer so we'll see how that one goes! -oh boy! i hope you do well! i'm looking forward to seeing you on TV! don't forget us when you're famous, k?

--------------------

• Re: PET PEEVES new
          #79361 - 06/15/04 10:32 AM
    Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
    Loc: New Jersey

My pet peeves...

people who whistle all the time, especially if they are bad at it! (does that make me a big meanie?)

when people at work post things to our database that are spelled wrong

always being asked to do stuff during my unpaid lunch break (then doing it, because I am such a push over sometimes!)

people taking my laundry out and setting it on top of the dirty machine when I only left it unattended for a minute!

that people only drive slow when I have to hurry home to potty

I guess that I am not grumpy enough to think of much right now!

--------------------
    -Sheri

#79365 - 06/15/04 10:34 AM
    jenX

• LOL - I hate that banana noise too! Haha. -oh boy, i'm definitely going to notice this the next time! why did you guys bring it up!?

• People who crack their knuckles all the time... -oh. i do that! sorry! it's a compulsive habit and we don't know we're doing it most of the time.

• People who badmouth the President and don't vote. good one!

• People who swear in every sentence... i'm a bit of a sailor, but i don't curse in EVERY sentence!

• I don't know why this bugs me so much - but when people write 'your' instead of 'you're' or 'there' instead of 'their'....ooohh that bothers me... -maybe your just anal. it's you're big pet peeve, eh!? calm down over they're! it's no biggie! many people didn't learn there school lessons!

--------------------

#79366 - 06/15/04 10:35 AM
    jenX

• Scraping of teeth on a fork when eating. I've been known to pick up my plate and leave the room when people do that. - OH YEAH. i totally concur!

--------------------

#79370 - 06/15/04 10:38 AM
    jenX

• people who whistle all the time, especially if they are bad at it! (does that make me a big meanie?) -no, but i don't mind whistling, personally.

• when people at work post things to our database that are spelled wrong -yup! me, too!

[*}that people only drive slow when I have to hurry home to potty -it sure seems that way, doesn't it!?

--------------------

#79372 - 06/15/04 10:42 AM
    LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
    Loc: New York City

Quote:

I don't know why this bugs me so much - but when people write 'your' instead of 'you're' or 'there' instead of 'their'....ooohh that bothers me...

That bugs me too but lately I've caught myself doing it when writing really fast for a post here or something. Sometimes I catch it, sometimes I don't. FIBRO FROG strikes again! (ribbit) I've also gotten really casual about punctuation. I used to be a real stickler about it. I used to do a lot of proofreading in my job. I was really good at it, but now my brain has turned to mush...or frog food!!

--------------------
    Laura
    Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
    0 registered and 1635 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
          You cannot post until you login
          You cannot reply until you login
          HTML is enabled
          UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6663

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review