All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Urinating
      #79307 - 06/15/04 09:16 AM
MARMALADESKYZE

Reged: 05/27/04

Does anyone know why IBS causes you to urinate more or at least have the sensation to urinate?
TIA...Jill

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Urinating new
      #79407 - 06/15/04 11:24 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

for me, at least, it was the gas. it must have been pressing against my bladder. when i got that under control (acacia, yoga, fennel tea) then i was much better off! oh, and if you're drinking a lot more tea and water (and you should be!) that will obviously lead to it, too!

just my thoughts...

--------------------

#79416 - 06/15/04 11:31 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I pee a lot, too. Especially in the evening.. I do drink a lot of water or tea. Not too much comes out most of the time but I have the feeling to go so I do. Usually only get up once or maybe twice a night. When I am stressed it really gets bad.

Barbie

--------------------

#79495 - 06/15/04 01:57 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I just had to come on and let you know I always have to urinte a lot after my stomach would finally calms down. I have no idea why but it will just come on real strong and I have to go and not just a little. It's weird because I use to be able to hold it for hours on end. Starting in elementary school I could go the entire school day without once going to the bathroom. When I'm not pregnant or not having IBS issues I can still go 8 hrs. without having to go.

#79503 - 06/15/04 02:08 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

What meds are you on? I don't take it every day, but I have found that when I take a few doses of Hyoscamine (Levsin, Nulev) I have to go a LOT more often. Heather told me she thinks she remembers it being a diuretic, although I have not found much to that effect on any of the medication's websites.
Anyway, it could be your meds, and it could also be that you are being a good IBS patient and drinking 64oz of water/tea per day -- that will DEFINITELY make you go!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1753 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 569

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review