All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Has anyone had bad results with Effexor and/or hypno CDs?.....having a rough time...need help....
      #78550 - 06/13/04 10:15 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Today, I think I've hit the lowest point so far....the minute I woke up to start my day today, I had D attacks and anxiety. I have been on Effexor now for one day shy of a week. Does it get better once I up my dose to 75mg? I do that tomorrow. I'm just at a lose for why I could go so long and feel great....and then all of a sudden be right back where I was a few years ago when I started taking Zoloft. I'm so frustrated and upset right now, I don't know what to do. And on top of it all I'm worried that I will miss more work this week because of all this. I just want to feel normal again. I read on the hypno board about Shadowed fears that sometimes emerge during the hypno program....so am thinking maybe that is what is happening. I am trying my best...I'm even pushing myself today to do some more house painting a little at a time. Am trying to feel normal...but it's so hard and upsetting sometimes. I need some reassurance that this is going to get better. I start session 4 of the hypno tapes tomorrow...today is my day off from the CDs. Yesterday I listened to two to get caught up on what I missed the day before. I waited 6 hours between, though, like the booklet says.

The nurse told me that if I needed to I could call them tomorrow and let them know what is going on before I up my dose of Effexor....I'm willing to give this my best shot, but I hate feeling like this. Has anyone else had bad results with Effexor? Has anyone else had Shadowed Fears from the hypno?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Has anyone had bad results with Effexor and/or hypno CDs?.....having a rough time...need help.... new
      #78563 - 06/13/04 11:19 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

It WILL get better! The side effects of the Effexor wear off within a week or two but the beneficial effect doesn't kick in for two or three weeks. So mark a date on your calendar and count down by days to give you a tangible goal to help you hang on. (And I'm speaking from personal experience because I also went from Zoloft to Effexor a while ago and I'm still on Effexor.)

As far as shadow fears, I definitely got them from meditation classes I took in the past. Not fun for sure, but time limited. It's like mental surgery, instead of dental surgery. It hurts but it's necessary to go through in order to be cured. Just wait it out, time does ease it. In the mean time, be extra gentle with yourself. Think about what you'd say to a friend that just had major surgery about taking care of herself. Then apply the same advice to yourself! Baby steps for baby people, as my hubby and I say!!

You'll feel better soon, hon, I promise!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

LauraSue..... new
      #78627 - 06/13/04 03:14 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Thanks for your loving support. I feel so alone in all this right now.....hubby is supportive, but nobody is as supportive as those who have gone through the same thing. Plus, it would be a lot easier if I didn't have to make sure I was at work at a certain time...ya know? Mornings are the worst and just thinking about them gets me nervous.

Re: LauraSue..... new
      #78664 - 06/13/04 04:52 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Is it possible Nugget your dosage is too high for you? I do know from experience it can take one to two weeks before the side effects go away.

Hope you are feeling better in the morning.

I hate mornings too new
      #78690 - 06/13/04 05:50 PM
littleone24

Reged: 05/30/04
Loc: London, Ontario

I always tell myself that I'll get up 2 hours early anf get it all out, but I never do. I've taken a day off each week for the last 2 months. It it's aweful.

Re: LauraSue..... new
      #78714 - 06/13/04 06:39 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

You're SO welcome. This is what support groups are for!! And yes I know it would be easier if you didn't have to be at work right on time, but you'll do fine. Just stay centered and breathe deeply, okay??

Love ya!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: I hate mornings too new
      #78853 - 06/14/04 05:55 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Yep - I hate the mornings. If I have to be somewhere - like work or an appointment or ANYTHING, I sleep worse and get anxious about the morning. But on Friday nights I am fine. Which I know means that it's my own anxiety causing me not to sleep, and probably to feel worse in the morning - but it's so hard to break the cycle!
I hope you feel better Nugget. I'm not that far in the hypno tapes, I just started them....so I hope they help me too.
And I know what you mean - my husband is very supportive too, and I know he feels awful about what I go through - but he doesn't REALLY know - like all of you do. He doesn't know the anxiety, the cramps, the D, the worry....it's so nice to have support here from people who've been through it all!

Take care.
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 139 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 514

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review