All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Flossing Fibro Frog new
      #78023 - 06/10/04 06:24 PM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

Jen thanks so much for your post! No, it wasn't too long, just a very good reality check. I'm beginning to feel like I am a hysteric (and unfortunately I know the whole darn history of that term, or at least when the frog isn't visiting, I do). Well, good, I'm not crazy, I just have to keep repeating that to myself. As I said the doc, "I'm NOT DEPRESSED! I HURT!!" She pretty much blew me off and told me I had a sinus infection (I did, but that's not the cause of my aches and cognitive difficulty). She didn't want to listen to my explanations that this happened before a few times, but not as bad, so I didn't recognize it for what it was. On to a new doctor!

I did part (Note: Part, not all) of a yoga/balance ball class and I felt pretty good and limber after it--beyond exhausted, but way less achy. And I slept well that night. I think I may be coming out of the flare though, since my mood is improved, even if my sleep is still so-so and my knees and elbows hurt. My ankles didn't hurt yesterday and that was a first. I, too, am addicted to my heat pad. I also started taking my vitamins regularly, so maybe that'll help.

My mantras for the day: I will beat the frog! I will sleep!
and try to exercise tomorrow (she adds feebly).

--------------------
--Julie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ditzy me! new
      #78024 - 06/10/04 06:33 PM
tuxedocat

Yeah, I've always wanted to be a ditz. Maybe I should dye my hair blonde too?!

You'll be proud, I looked up rheumatologists and PT's who specialize in fibro and will call as soon as I get back to Ithaca. I may even look up one in Indiana, since I'll be there for all of July. I need some pain management help. Sleep is marginal, not terrible, since I'm already on nortripyline for headaches. Some more Ambien wouldn't hurt though. Yep, I'm a drug addict

What's your opinion on taurine supplements to help with fibrofat? My mind is so fogged, I can't do decent internet research again yet. And what about caffeine? Am I right that you take No-Doz? Does it interfere with your sleep?

Hope the thumb's better

--------------------
--Julie

Butting in here, Ditzy! LoL new
      #78048 - 06/10/04 10:00 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Julie, You made a light go off when you mentioned taurine. I've taken taurine, especially recently, along with L-Carnitine to help stop the heart arrythmias (skipping beats) I got with this thyroiditis. It is used as an anti-arrythmia med in Japan with good success. However, since you have headaches I wouldn't take it..........
Take a look at this: web page

I often wonder if, in my attempt to stop the heart skipping beats (which it did) I didn't make the headaches worse. Could be.

Anyway, just a little info here......

Oh, and if you're going to be a ditz........don't do JUST blond........you have to have a little green and purple thrown in too!!! And you better start getting things pierced...........lots of things pierced!!! LOL

Kandee

--------------------

Re: Flossing Fibro Frog new
      #78059 - 06/11/04 12:30 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Glad to hear you're so positive!

Drat that doctor. All the Fibro (and that other thing Devin Starlanyl talks about - I'm frogged up!) research says that it's the pain causing the depression NOT the other way round. It's a bit depressing hurting all the time!

Keep up the yoga. I must make myself do some. And vitamins are good - I take 500mg Vitamin C and Echinacea as well as a multivitamin cause even the teeniest cold will trigger a Fibro episode with me.

Re: Flossing Fibro Frog new
      #78063 - 06/11/04 04:06 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

that's the perfect attitude! i'm glad your flare seems to be coming to an end. you know, the pain is bad but the exhaustion and fog are much worse. as long as they're gone i feel like i can put up with a lot!

have a great weekend.

--------------------

Re: Ditzy me! new
      #78135 - 06/11/04 08:16 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Julie, yes I take nodoz, but not after 2pm or so. It not only helps the fatigue it helps the frog fog (studies have actually shown that caffeine improves people's performance on cognitive tasks.)

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Hmm, what shall I pierce next? new
      #78203 - 06/11/04 11:34 AM
tuxedocat

Yes, I NEED a trip to Claire's, dontcha think.
DRAT on the taurine!!! I wanna lose weight so badly! Maybe I'll just test it out for a few days. What is L-Cartinine?

--------------------
--Julie

Julie, L-Carnitine new
      #78338 - 06/11/04 08:39 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Julie, This should help answer your question somewhat about L-carnitine for Fibro. web page

Another popular suplement for weight loss is chromium picolonate. Do a google search and you'll see a ton of stuff. I'm not sure however if it's safe for fibro folks.

When your next pic has your nose, lip and eyebrow pierced, we'll know you caved!!!

Kandee

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1754 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2358

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review