All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Yet another comment about what I am wearing here at work.....
      #76207 - 06/04/04 09:22 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

.....well, I forced myself to come to work today even though I didn't feel good enough to go. I decided to kind of "dress up" today for a change. So I wore a very nice (new) sweater that I've never worn yet because it wasn't warm enought (it has short sleeves). It is black on the right side with a tan sleeve and tan on the left side with a black sleeve. It has embroidered loose graphic drawings of cats streching, laying down and standing on both sides and a little sillouhette of a red mouse....on the back it has a cat drawing embroidered on the left shoulder and one on the lower right side. It buttons down the front and the buttons look like pewter cat faces. I thought it was very cute! I love cats! I bought it at Christoper & Banks (I love that store). I have a sleeveless white shirt on underneat that you can see with the upper button undone. I wore it with my black jeans and my leather slip on shoes.

Well, I get to work and the older gal who gave me a hard time about my shoes the other day (the younger gal took today off) said as she looked me up and down..."you look nice.....why?" I just shrugged my shoulders and she said "you just wanted to wear cats on your breasts?" They don't even come anywhere near my breasts! Besides my breasts are so small anyway! Then I said I just wanted to wear it and she said "Oh, hummm...it looks nice." ArrrgggHHH. She is really getting on my nerves. She thinks she is being funny I guess, but right now I don't need it....ya know....it would do me more good right now to hear "you look very nice today" ....rather than "why do you look nice today"
Am I being unreasonable?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Nugget, are you sure you don't work in MY office!?!?! new
      #76209 - 06/04/04 09:27 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

some people are stupid.

that's all i have to say on the matter.

(oh, except: YOU GO AHEAD AND WEAR WHATEVER YOU WANT! WHO THE HELL EVER HEARD OF INSULTING SOMEONE BECAUSE THEY LOOKED NICE!? YOU WORK WITH A MORON! I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF SOMETHING THAT ABSURD IN MY LIFE AND I HAVE HEARD A LOT OF REALLY STUPID THINGS! I SWEAR, IF IT WERE UP TO ME I'D MARCH IN THERE AND REALLY TELL THAT LADY OFF! WHAT A MORON. "WHY DO YOU LOOK NICE?" WHAT ON EARTH DOES THAT MEAN!? WHY WOULD YOU EVEN WASTE YOUR BREATH ON SAYING SOMETHING THAT STUPID!? DID I MENTION? SHE'S A MORON! WHAT A RIDICULOUS THING TO SAY............ )

--------------------

thanks Jen...... new
      #76214 - 06/04/04 09:40 AM
Nugget

this gal has said a lot of stupid things to me.....like the time i showed her a photo in a magazine of the wedding dress I was ordering when I got married (six years ago).....she said "It doesn't look like you." But she was nice enough to have a bridal shower for me at her place....she can be nice and then turn around and say stupid things. I don't understand. A real friend wouldn't do that.

I wish I worked with you, Jen.....I wish we allllll worked together....then everybody would understand when we had a rough day. Ya know?

OK... not really... but new
      #76218 - 06/04/04 09:53 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... not really... but this is what I would do..... tell those cats that your are "wearing on your boobs" to scratch her eyes out!! LOL Did I really say that? hehehe

I agree with Jen.... you wear what you want.

{{BIG HUGS}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: thanks Jen...... new
      #76219 - 06/04/04 09:59 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

you know what I think it is Nugget? It's jealously. She's envious that YOU have the confidence to wear WHATEVER you love and feel comfortable in, REGARDLESS of anyone says to you or may think. She is ENVIOUS because she knows she wouldn't be able to do the same because she is too worried about what other people may think of her and will judge her...and instead of ADMIRING your self-confidence she defends it through her nasty commments -- just PURE SPITE! Ugh

Thanks for making me laugh, Shell..... new
      #76221 - 06/04/04 10:03 AM
Nugget

There's a lot I'd like to tell these kitties on my t(well it rhymes with kitties) to do to her. Ha!

I think you hit the nail on the head..... new
      #76223 - 06/04/04 10:05 AM
Nugget

.....you are exactly right. Thank you!

LOL, Nugget!! Good one!! -nt- new
      #76228 - 06/04/04 10:34 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Hey Nugget.. new
      #76229 - 06/04/04 10:35 AM
jilltrav

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Nashville, TN

Why don't you put her on the spot and call her on it? Ask her why she is being so ugly to you. Ask her how come she can be nice sometimes and then so hateful other times? And today would eb a good day to do it- since her partner in evil isnt there to back her up. It would put her in the hot seat for a change!

Hope your day gets better! ((hugs))

jill

thought you'd like that -nt- new
      #76232 - 06/04/04 10:38 AM
Nugget

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3969 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6539

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review