All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
PLease HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      #76051 - 06/03/04 05:49 PM
rachelg

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: Texas,USA

I am a "Newbie" of 1 week to IBS. I saw my gp doctor(live in a small town). He gave me samples of Zelnorm. I have taken (1)-6mg pill and I have EXTREME diarrhea!!!!!!!!!I couldn't eat supper without going to the bathroom 2 times.I'm not sure if this is a side effect-althought my dr. said that if I have extreme diarrhea to tell him.I just don't know if I can last until in the morning. Anybody out there on Zelnorm?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: PLease HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #76107 - 06/03/04 09:54 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hello,

I've personally never been on Zelnorm, but I did a quick search on a drug website that I use frequently to look up information or concerns about prescriptions and here's what I found:
Patients should take Zelnorm before a meal.

Patients should stop Zelnorm treatment and consult their physician if they experience new or worsening abdominal pain with or without rectal bleeding.

Patients should also be aware of the possible occurrence of diarrhea during therapy. The majority of the Zelnorm patients reporting diarrhea had a single episode. In most cases, diarrhea occurred within the first week of treatment. Typically, diarrhea resolved with continued therapy. Patients should consult their physician if they experience severe diarrhea, or if the diarrhea is accompanied by severe cramping, abdominal pain, or dizziness. Patients should not initiate therapy with Zelnorm if they are currently experiencing or frequently experience diarrhea.

It sounds like some diarrhea is normal, but if your doctor wanted you to tell him, I'd be sure to let him know. Also, make sure you're drinking a lot to keep yourself from getting dehyrdated, especially if the D is severe.

Hope you feel better soon!
Kelly

Re: PLease HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #76114 - 06/04/04 02:32 AM
PammySue

Reged: 05/12/04
Loc: Southern Indiana

I started on Zelnorm in January and had very violent D for about one week. My doctor had told me to expect that, so I waited through it. Zelnorm really never helped me much. I have D & C and Zelnorm didn't really help break the cycle. In fact, it put me mostly into a D cycle. In May I stopped taking the Zelnorm and things are slowing getting better. You might want to wait for at least one week or so to see if the Zelnorm does help (especially if you are C). Good luck and hang in there!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2852 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 436

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review