All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: i feel the need to write a "Gratitude List." haven't done this in a while. care to join me!? new
      #75994 - 06/03/04 02:08 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

My friends on the board for knowing I have a nice long gratitude list, and understanding that I don't have the brainpower or energy today to write it!!

Way to go, Jen! Just reading everyone's list made me feel better, more at peace with myself and the world.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Grats! new
      #76000 - 06/03/04 02:20 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm in, for sure!

I am thankful for...

My eternally-patient boyfriend
My two furballs, Phoebe and Phaedra, a seemingly endless source of laughs and snuggles
My ability to create
The *gorgeous* house that's almost ours!
Kooky, quirky parents & their equally nifty spouses
Two very successful, healthy, happy younger brothers
Rooibus tea
Ginger chews!! (I may never crave chocolate again...)
It's the weekend! (for us!)
A test result delivered today... negative! (one more serious illness ruled out!)
Five fully-functioning senses
My little cube heater
Finding this board and all of you!

...and because I'm always thankful when my loved ones are happy...

My brother's new apartment
My stepfather's new job, a huge step in his career

Re: i feel the need to write a "Gratitude List." haven't done this in a while. care to join me!? new
      #76001 - 06/03/04 02:20 PM
JuLee

Reged: 03/23/04
Loc: Flushing Queens NYC

i'm grateful for:

-cheesey movies (currently i'm stuck watching What a Girl Wants, total teeny bopper movie but i like it )
-not being affected by dairy cause lately i am living on yogurt
-fat free stuff....all of it...any of it
-my boyfriend, even though he is far far away i can still feel his protection and luuuuuuuuuve
-lazy sundays
-harry potter...anything having to do with harry potter makes me happy. i'm still hoping i'll wake up to find my hogwarts letter anyday now
-my via spiga hot pink stiletto sandals....i wear them around my apartment just cause!
-my apartment, even though the bank OWNS ME! it is well worth it to have this cool place that is totally mine and no one can take away.
-my friend megs, she is my hourly comfort even though she lives in texas and i'm here in ny we talk constantly throughout the day on IM and i'd go nuts at work without her
-oh! and my new hairstyle...which I LOVE! i had my first ever highlights put in and everything, it was an exciting moment
-and last thing....i'm grateful for that chicken souvlaki recipe i found on this website....IT ROCKS! i eat it like 4 times a week! with fat free pita

thanks

JuLee, you always crack me up! new
      #76016 - 06/03/04 02:45 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Quote:

my via spiga hot pink stiletto sandals....i wear them around my apartment just cause!

even funnier 'cause as i was reading i thought it said "just in case" which was great! you never know when a pink stiletto sandal moment may come up! i just like thinking about it!

--------------------

#76018 - 06/03/04 03:07 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I agree LS, I think Abby is a Las Vegas show girl and she's just not letting on............

Kandee

--------------------

#76025 - 06/03/04 03:58 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

giggle!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: LOL nope not a showgirl! -nt- new
      #76041 - 06/03/04 05:29 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

#76052 - 06/03/04 05:50 PM
genie

Reged: 05/28/04

What a great idea Jen!
where do I begin?...

I'm grateful for:

-green tea, fennel tea, and jasmine tea
-every moment that my tummy is flat and not gassy. I'm constantly touching it now.
-my 'secret crush' ok, 'crushes'!!
-my wonderful quiet appartment that will be ALL mine in three years!
-my new bike. I rode around everywhere last night. Exercise calms my tummy and my stress.
-cereal honey mix from the recipe site. I eat it all day long and ruin my lunch.
-my supportive friends.
-desserts that I CAN eat. YaaeH!
-my back messager. I use it every night to loosen my neck stress.
-warmth and the sun!! I had lunch outside today at work and it was lovely until I got up and noticed I was sitting on a soggy cushion. my butt was soaked... oh well. everyone laughed.
-the recipe site for all those ideas!
-God's love.
-my computer, which I'm always using. I don't even have cable!!

--------------------
Life responds when we risk.

#76067 - 06/03/04 06:15 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Thanks for the invite, Jen, to join you in writing a grateful list. After having a very down day myself, I'm grateful for:

• my husband....he's been there for me through a lot of tough times
• our dogs....they offer unconditional love and support
• Imodium....if it weren't for Imodium, some days I wouldn't be able to leave the house.
• toilet paper....Quilted Northern double rolls! I can't imagine having IBS-D without out it!
• indoor toilets!....need I say more!
• our home....it's so comforting on a rough day or any day.
• family....they are always there for us
• chocolate....even though I shouldn't have it, it makes me happy
• memories of my Granny and Uncle John....they were probably two of the biggest inspirations in my life
• memories of my cat....I had him from the time he was 6 weeks old til he passed away at the age of 17....he was always there for me
• comfortable jeans and T-shirts....I practically live in them
• the nerve to buy new shoes that people make fun of!....I learned a lesson
• cameras....I love taking photos
• my artistic talent....without it, I wouldn't have a career
• my talent for writing poetry....it's the easiest way to express my true feelings
• last, but not least.....everyone here who truly know what we are all going through

I could go on and on.....but these are the most important things I am grateful for.

#76088 - 06/03/04 07:23 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

so I says to myself "self, what is it you're thankful for" and I came up with a couple things.

• my cat - for making me glad to come home from work each day
  • nice, sunny, good flying days
  • tailwinds - no Genie, not the type that you suggested to Nugget but the type that means the flight is going to be shorter and I'll be able to get to the airport quicker
  • my roommates - even though they have their moments, they are a good bunch of people to live with
  • my family - We're not super close, but I know they care for me and are there if I need them
  • Sleep, I like sleep
  • MSN and e-mail - so much easier to keep in touch with everybody without expensive phone bills
  • That even though my stomach has put a kink in my career planes, I'm still able to do what I do
  • And finally, everybody on these boards. You truely are wonderful people and have made an incredible difference in my life. It has been so tough being away from family and friends and going through all this. I am incredibly grateful for all the support, friendly chat and laughter I have been able to share with all of you. Even though I haven't met any of you I consider you good friends.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1022 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2475

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review