All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
worse at night...why
      #74163 - 05/28/04 10:33 AM
genie

Reged: 05/28/04

Hi folks. This is weird to me and maybe some of you also experience the same problem. I only get gassy and so bloated, like pregnant bloated in the evening....mainly after dinner and expecially at work. Go figure. My job is busy and all, I work in the hospital, but I love it. SO what's the deal? It's like it builds up, up, and up ...9 months in one day! Last night I had whole grain spaghetti with organic spaghetti sauce (homemade) with lean ground turkey meatballs; onion and garlic in them. Could it be lunch mixing with dinner bothering me? AH! It makes my job so much more stressful and painful.

--------------------
Life responds when we risk.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

i'm also far worse at night -nt- new
      #74165 - 05/28/04 10:36 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Re: worse at night...why new
      #74181 - 05/28/04 10:55 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I saw two culprets in your meal that would have bothered me: the whole grain pasketti and the onion. Veggies (even cooked) mess with me, and whole grains are very hard to digest.

But, that's just me. I get way bloated and a painful tummy that starts about 5 pm on and continutes into the night. Sometimes I wake up with it, which really sucks.

--------------------
~jules

pasketti !! I thought my little brother was the only one that called it that!! -nt- new
      #74191 - 05/28/04 11:09 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#74212 - 05/28/04 11:32 AM
genie

Reged: 05/28/04

Thx. Jules,
everyone on here is so cool! Everyone is just like me, goin' thru the same stuff!
This Diet is new to me. the last book i read says eat whole grain and whole wheat w/ lots of fiber and tons of VEGGIES, RAW TOO. ah, the trouble!!! But this site makes the most sense. When I think back now and the trouble i've had and what I just ate and WITH WHAT...I go ah...yes, it all makes sense! Thanks again for your response! Genie

--------------------
Life responds when we risk.

#74379 - 05/28/04 06:42 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Laurasue - I called it busketti

Genie - whole grain pasta might not be the greatest and I know lots of people have problems with tomato sauce as well. Pasta in general used to always make me gassy.

#74577 - 05/29/04 10:42 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

that's so cute, jamie!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Not abnormal new
      #74622 - 05/29/04 02:55 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

On some sites about IBS and in some books the "typical" IBS patient wakes up ok, usually pain free and gets worse as the day goes on. It may be from trigger foods, stress of the day, taking in too much air from talking or chewing gum, liquid consumption............and well, on and on. It seems to be cumulative and by evening most people are at their worst. Now, you have a lot of exceptions to that rule and some wake up feeling terrible right away.

Sooo, if you need medication it's probably best to take it when you know you're going to be at your worse, the evening.

Kandee

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2716

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review