All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Wish me luck tomorrow!!
      #70988 - 05/16/04 07:22 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Ok this is the only post that I have time to post up, because I have to leave in like, 5 minutes! But I just really need everyone to pray for me because I'm taking my....*deep breath*.....driving test tomorrow!! I'm really nervous about some stuff (*cough*parallelparking*cough*) and I'm scared I'm going to fail!!!! So please send me luck! I'm really gonna need it!!

I hope everyone is feeling well now! (LS and JenX and everyone else struggling with those stupid things!!) Because I've been worried about ya'll for the past few days since I haven't been able to get on here very much. Everyone keep well!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wish me luck tomorrow!! new
      #70991 - 05/16/04 07:38 PM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

Good luck! You'll do fine! Let us know how it goes, okay?

--------------------
--Julie

#70994 - 05/16/04 07:45 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Good luck! Just take your time and try not to be too nervous!!!

#71001 - 05/16/04 08:58 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Peaches, don't be so hard on yourself, I have every confidence that you re going to breeze through this.

I most definitely will be praying for you, let us know how you did! With God on your side, you cannot lose!

#71007 - 05/16/04 09:54 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Peaches,

I'm sending lots of luck your way for your driving test. You are going to do fine. Let us know how it goes.

Janey

--------------------
Janey

#71013 - 05/17/04 03:50 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

OMG - today's the big day!!! Good luck - I'm sure you'll do fine. I didn't learn how to parallel park till about an hour before my test. And, I screwed up and the guy let me go again. Which I did fine the next time.

Everything I can cross I've got crossed for ya - let us know how you make out!!

Luck. new
      #71015 - 05/17/04 04:35 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

ok, before the parallel parking, just take a few deep breaths, real slow-like. and tell yourself, "self, you can do this!"

it's certainly easier than IBS, right!? and really, what's the worst-case scenario? you have to take it again? no one has ever not gotten their license eventually, right? (though i remember how exciting it is to go to the test and think "i could be driving on my own later!"

ooh! how fun!

good luck, Peaches!

--------------------

#71103 - 05/17/04 10:03 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

GOOD LUCK!!!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#71107 - 05/17/04 10:07 AM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Good luck Peaches!!!!!!! Just between you, me, and the fencepost, they didn't make me parallel park. The lady giving me my test had a cold or something. Anyhow...I was nervous but I did fine. Just be extra cautious. (but not like overdoing-it cautious). Just drive so they'll be like, "wow, what a responsible teenager." That's all they care about. Because honestly..do you see that many people who actually have skills on the road? Terribly, horribly, awfully sad, but true. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sending you super good luck! Take deep breaths!

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

#71168 - 05/17/04 02:14 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

So do we have a new driver yet? I remember mine. I did stupid things because I was so nervous. I practiced parallel parking in front of our drive way and then guess what? I had to do it for my test in front of a drive way. What luck did I have that day. I did that part fine. I was told I drove too slow and I stopped at an intersection that didn't have a stop sign. LOL

Well........ new
      #71209 - 05/17/04 05:26 PM
peaches

Yep, we have a new driver! The lady was super nice and let me re-parallel park 3 times becasue I kept getting too far from the curb! lol I didn't really have to get in between two cars, it was just behind a big van. But I passed with flying colors other than that! I got homea nd grabbed my keys and jetted off to Walgreens for some note cards for my speech because I realized I didn't have any. What luck! So that was my big adventure by myself! I get to go to several places by myself tomorrow because I have a lot of events going on and my mom has to work the late shift SO I'm on my own! YAY!!

Thanks for all the luck and prayers! They really, really helped!!!

--------------------

Re: Well........ new
      #71216 - 05/17/04 05:54 PM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Congrats Peaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooohoo!!!! Drive safely tomorrow (well..the most important thing is watching the people around you! cause i know you'll be careful!). Anyhow..that's so cool! I remember the first time i drove by myself i forgot to take off the parking brake for a block..lol Silly my. Lots of my friends did that too! Well, I'm so happy for you! Yay for Peaches!!!! We should throw a party for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay..a virtual party! Congrats! Hooray!!!

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

Congrats, Peaches!! So what's your fantasy car? Mine's a silver Corvette! -nt- new
      #71230 - 05/17/04 06:34 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#71263 - 05/17/04 08:40 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Congrats sweetie..............fun isn't it to get to get in your wheels and take off on your own........even if it's not far.....

Oh, how I remember my first driving test......I took it the day after St. Patty's day......from a big fat Irish guy that had a hangover .......he was mad at the world and flunked me....I still don't know why ......I came back the following week and passed ok, but boy was I mad .........I'd practiced and practiced and practiced.......and parked my mom's "63 station wagon (the boat) on a dime. So much for practice.

Kandee

--------------------

Yay! new
      #71284 - 05/18/04 03:41 AM
*Melissa*

Congratulations!!!

Have fun driving around today!

#71286 - 05/18/04 03:44 AM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Anyhow..that's so cool! I remember the first time i drove by myself i forgot to take off the parking brake for a block..lol Silly my. Lots of my friends did that too!

I did that too! I completely forgot about it till you said that. When I first started driving, I drove all the way home from the mall with it on! I didn't figure it out till I went to put it back on again when I parked and it was already on! Ooops! lol

#71293 - 05/18/04 04:59 AM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

I forgot about the parking break too! Many times...I suppose I do alright now though . Congrats Peaches! Be safe (I know you will) and watch out for the bad guys. My dad gave me some good advice when I got my DL. He told me "better late than dead"---never to rush to get anywhere. That's a bit morbid, but actually it's true, if you think about it.
Have fun driving around today!!!!!!!

--------------------
--Julie

YIPPEE!!!! Be careful. -nt- new
      #71302 - 05/18/04 05:59 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

Congrats, Peaches! and for the record: my fave is a Jag X k78. -nt- new
      #71328 - 05/18/04 07:25 AM
jenX

--------------------

Re: "my fave is a Jag X k78." Ooh, the girl's got taste!! -nt- new
      #71352 - 05/18/04 08:00 AM
LauraSue

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#71400 - 05/18/04 10:44 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

On No another 16 year old on the roads!!!!! LOL Congt. and enjoy your new freedom!!!

thanks! new
      #71430 - 05/18/04 12:56 PM
jenX

i'm not particularly label-conscious, nor am i "into cars" but i'll tell ya what... the first time i saw that car i had an almost sexual experience! that's one sexy car!

--------------------

Re: thanks! new
      #71452 - 05/18/04 02:16 PM
LauraSue

That's actually called the Stendahl Syndrome, to have a physical reaction in the presence of great art or beauty! There was just an off-Broadway play here about it, starring Isabella Rossellini, speaking of great beauty! I'd marry her in a minute!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: thanks! new
      #71502 - 05/18/04 07:28 PM
peaches

Oh yeah Jen, those cars ROCK!! My absolute dream car is a Jaguar, but I doubt that'll ever happen!

I drove EVERYWHERE today! I drove to school, then back home to school for about 5 minutes until I went to my job interview at 3:30. Then after that I went to the bank, the gas station, Best Buy (I HAD to get the Hoobastank CD!!), then to the mall to get a shirt for my choir concert tomorrow night, then back home for an hour, then to my choir rehearsal at 7 and that lasted til 9. Whew! When they say freedom, they ain't kidding!!

--------------------

really!? new
      #71645 - 05/19/04 11:24 AM
jenX

that's really cool. i'm going to have to look into that some! you know i'm a big geek, but i'm stupid for psychological theory and for art. AH, ART! my passion!

the only other time i've ever been moved like that by looking at something was standing in front of Jackson Pollack's "Grayed Rainbow." boy was that amazing! i got goosebumps right there in the museum and can't think straight around any of his work ever since, though i don't get as moving an experience. i want to go back and see that painting again! i got a milder reaction when i looked at a Mark Rothko (can't remember the name of the piece).

Pollack, Rothko and a Jag X K78... what more does a girl need!? (um... maybe a good piece of cheesecake. then i'm set!) (oh, and a nice strapping man who thinks i hung the moon. that would be nice too!) (and toss in a baby or two, then i'll be happy!) (and a dog and a cat!) (i'm done)

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 818 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3416

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review