All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Julie, good response. I should have read yours before posting mine!! -nt- new
      #70941 - 05/16/04 04:27 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: migraines new
      #70942 - 05/16/04 04:30 PM
LauraSue

None of them work all of the time according to the book I'm reading right now. 70-80% is about normal, so you're right where you should be. (Yeah, I know 100% is where we should be, I mean with the triptans!!)

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Jennie my girl -- where'd you read that low carb helps fibro??!! new
      #70944 - 05/16/04 04:32 PM
LauraSue

I've never seen that in anything I've read. Which books, what page, gimme a quote here. I frankly disagree. (Not that I'm the world's greatest expert!!)

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

oy.... new
      #70953 - 05/16/04 04:50 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

i am too tired to get up and go get the books, but i've seen it in 3 or 4 books now. they're saying hi-protein can help and that cutting things like sugar can help, too. it's not the whole Atkins thing, really, and they seem to be sound in their nutritional advice, for example they don't say to eat high fat and they advise a nice balanced variety of veggies (except taters and other veggies that turn right to sugar).

i'll see if i can cite them for you when i have the books down here by the computer....

frankly, LS, i discounted it the first 2 times i read it, but it's been getting more consistent and i figure there's no harm. (as long as i'm still protecting my IBS!) in fact, if i cut the blazing sugar i'm hooked on, i am close to low-carb anyway. i'm alread hi protein. i do feel much better with no sugar, i know that, but it's such a comfort mentally and emotionally that i can't give it up easily! i'm going to try, though. and i'm still going to have my rice. i think i am just going to concentrate on higher protein and sugar avoidance at first, just to see if there's a benefit.

why do you seem so upset? am i being led down the garden path???

--------------------

LauraSue, Julie, and JenX........thank you for all your advise... new
      #70964 - 05/16/04 05:40 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I am armed with my list.........of meds I want and questions...so I'm good to go, thanks to you all.

Sitting here balancing my gel pack on top of my head. It's weird but good for the posture, right????

Will have to get my headache band tomorrow...or the next.....to tired to drive.......

Thanks again,

What would I do without you????

Kandee

--------------------

If I may chime in a minute.......... new
      #70966 - 05/16/04 05:51 PM
Kandee

I've never seen it either, but I do know this....when your adrenals are stressed they require more protein for you to function, especially function well mentally.
When I was going thru some stressfull times with my hubby and all his heart problems and he was in and out of the hospital, ALL I wanted to eat (pre-IBS days) was fried or baked chicken and chocolate milk...........that's all, all the time..........bkfst, lunch, dinner, midnight snack......you name it. I asked a nutritionist friend and she said it was my adrenals screeming out for more protein. Made sense to me, so I just went with it. After the stress was over I went back to eating decent meals and didn't have the protein cravings one bit..........then it was carbs.......

I'm sure with fibro your adrenals are stressed, right? If so I think maybe increasing the protein, if you can do it safely with the IBS is the way to go.

Just a thought and my 2 cents worth....

Kandee

--------------------

Re: oy.... new
      #70967 - 05/16/04 05:51 PM
LauraSue

Yeah, the reason I'm so upset is that we all have so many limitations already, I hate to see you or me or anyone get sucked into something that may not be necessary. I'll go get my books and check again, too, sweetie pie. Between the two of us, we'll figger it out, 'kay?

It's true that I hardly eat any sugar. Only way to keep my girlish figure at my age. A healthy balanced diet is important. I get plenty of protein, but I'm definitely NOT low-carb by any stretch of the imagination!! LOVE my bread, my potatoes, my rice, my pasta, my cereal!!!! (Down, girl!!) The only thing I struggle to eat enough of is fruits and veggies.

Well, we'll both do our research and compare notes. Two heads are better than one, and two such gorgeous heads as us should be worth a million bucks, dontcha think??!!

SMOOCHIES!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: If I may chime in a minute..........Makes sense, Kandee, thanks!! -nt- new
      #70969 - 05/16/04 05:57 PM
LauraSue

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Sugar new
      #70970 - 05/16/04 05:57 PM
Kandee

I'm so sugar addicted I would start killing people if I couldn't have it at all.............so I've comprimised...I only use sugar on things that I can SPRINKLE it on. Think about it..........if you only sprinkle sugar on toast, say cinnamon/sugar toast........or oatmeal, or cream of wheat.....you are never getting that much.......but bake with it in a brownie or cake or muffins or even stirred into a tea, or whatever-- and you get a ton of the stuff in one serving.

Anyway, I'm on the SUGAR SPRINKLE diet, and loving it...and it's usually less than a T. a day.... I'm not for deprivation...........no way, no how....

Kandee

--------------------

Re: Sugar new
      #70971 - 05/16/04 05:59 PM
LauraSue

Yeah, I guess that pretty well describes what I do too! I'm especially fond of my cinnamon toast (with no butter).

SPRINKLE AWAY, GIRLFRIEND!! With ya on this one, all the way.

Okay, signing off for tonight. See ya tomorrow. Good luck at the (good) doc!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 438 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32587

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review