All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Nine Days!! That's GREAT!!! -nt- new
      #70479 - 05/14/04 01:16 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: fibro runs rampant new
      #70506 - 05/14/04 02:55 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

that stinks, Linz. sorry that happened to you.

that makes me angry!

--------------------

#70508 - 05/14/04 03:00 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

thanks, LS. i am feeling better today, IBS-wise and migraine-wise. i don't know what's going on, 'cause i haven't had a problem with my IBS all year 'til this past weekend (well, i am not counting the C that came from the meds...). and i haven't had a migraine in just as long. then in one week- SLAM. both.

ah well, that's ok. i'm better today, just very weak-feeling. made myself take a walk anyway. don't know that i feel better, but maybe i'll sleep a little bit harder tonight.

not going out tonight- i put myself on a "timeout" for not going to work today. maybe i'll go do something fun tomorrow. i'd like to go see a few movies. maybe i'll make it a movie weekend. can't wait to see Troy. (too many hotties in one movie! maybe i ought to wait 'til i'm feeling stronger! )

--------------------

#70524 - 05/14/04 03:52 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Don't worry, you're just still recovering from last weekend. One of the things I've learned is that for every hour of effort I need an hour of rest now. That means that a day in the sun needs a day in bed. A day of D needs a day in bed. A day with a migraine needs a day in bed. You get the idea. And it's not as bad as it sounds. I always have a Plan A and a Plan B. Plan A is I get to do this, that and that. Plan B is I GET TO GO BACK TO BED, YAY!!!!! What's so wrong with that?!

Good for you for going for a walk. I do hope it helps you sleep better tonight. The worst thing is to get in a downward deconditioning spiral of it hurts, I can't move, it hurts, I can't move, it hurts, now I REALLY can't move. Never force yourself to walk farther than you can or you'll pay though. I walk in five minute circles around our building, because I never know when I'm going to fade and I NEVER want to be more than five minutes from my bed (when I'm walking I mean!!).

Anyway, I'm rambling. Hope you feel even better tomorrow. As my hubby always reminds me, this too shall pass.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

JenX, LS, Linz and all with fibro....I have no idea how you do it......... new
      #70551 - 05/14/04 06:06 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

get thru a day that is. How do you live with the aches and pains, the migraines, the headaches, the brain fog????? Oh, the symptoms just go on and on.............It is mind blowing, and I have such deep sympathetic emotions reading your posts. Never, ever had I felt like such a lump, a miserable one at that. Guess I'm just bummed. I went to my primary yesterday and my blood lab work results were WORSE than a month ago and the white blood count up. I don't have an appointment with this fancy, shmancy Endo until June 7. He's out of the country learning more. (And here I was hoping he knew it all, already...LOL.) Anyway, there is just nothing that can be done until this rides it's self out...........and that could take up to 6 months and the reoccurrance rate is high if I get another viral/bacterial infection. Now I see my other doc on Mon....the one that diagnosed the subacute thyroiditis to begin with to see the OTHER lab report, complete with the antibody numbers. I'm hoping they went down but don't hold any hopes.....the one a month ago were higher than this doc had EVER seen........8,000 (and the normal range is 0-40). It's the headache that is 24/7 that gets me the most............I'm trying anything and everything, but it is caused by the thyroiditis and now going from hyper to hypo. The only good thing about going back to hypo now is the arrythmias are gone. In the meantime ordered to rest and not exercise, so the weight is piling on even with reduced calorie intake. Oh, I'm sorry, I'm just feeling sorry for myself right now so needed to vent.

Then yesterday read a disturbing article on how Fibro and Celiac and hypothyroidism all can go together..........and the hypo and the fibro can actually be caused by undiagnosed Celiac. I've been wheat allergic for just over 25 years but not as strict about it as I should be the last couple of years. Did it come to bite me in the butt? Who knows........anyway, I guess the biggest frustration is the headaches and the time this thing may need to run it's course...................darn. Thanks for reading my tale of self pity..........I'm normally a stiff-upper-lip, learn-to-live-with-it type of person, never one for a pity party.

Kandee

--------------------

I hope everyone is finally feeling better!! new
      #70558 - 05/14/04 06:48 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

You guys need to start feeling better NOW! You guys are all to nice to be this sick for this long!! But where is Tarabara, anyway? It's been nearly a week!

You guys better get well soon!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Re: I hope everyone is finally feeling better!! new
      #70566 - 05/14/04 07:27 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Thanks Peaches, I hope we do too. You know, whenever I get real down I go and read the posts on the Crohn's Disease and Colitis Board and it makes me count my blessings.
My complaints seem a drop in the bucket compared to what those folks have to live thru.

Kandee

--------------------

Britspeak new
      #70578 - 05/15/04 02:27 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Lurgie (sp?) = bug = virus?

Re: Feeling awful - fibro new
      #70582 - 05/15/04 02:46 AM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

What is Fibro?????I,m leaning more things , Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Re: Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.Kandee/////... new
      #70583 - 05/15/04 02:59 AM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

kandee. haven,t been feeling very good my self.full of you know what.does any one beside me do this.I won,t go for 2 or 3 days then on the 3 day I,ll go all morning.first I,ll be c-then it get sofer-an then at the end it is d.then I,m done for another 2or 3 days.I take Acacia 3teas.in the morning 3 teas.at supper.altoghter it is 2 tbs. Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2784 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32597

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review