All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Re: Little Engine that could!! (Little Engine that really COULDN'T!!) new
      #71027 - 05/17/04 05:32 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

Hi Laura Sue,

I hope you're feeling much better today. My heart goes out to you as I know what kind of exhaustion you are suffering even though I don't have the same condition. I do have a hypothyroid and was not on the right amount of medication up until about March 3rd when the doctor doubled the dosage of my synthroid. Still get tired but not as bad as before. However in the early 1980's I was diagnosed with cytomegalovirus which I think they now call CMV. I ended up sick for over 2 years before I was officially diagnosed. I ended up with cirrhosis of the liver and Hepatitis A from that dumb virus. I looked like I was at death's door at the time and felt like it. I must have gone through every test known to man at the time. Finally at Mass. General Hosp. a doctor discovered I had three seperate conditions, not one and was able to treat me. The virus did such a job on my liver though that I still have to be careful today. I was a little indignant back then with the cirhosis as I never drank and couldn't understand WHY ME? Got off my pity pot pretty fast though but I know I never thought the exhaustion would ever leave. It's the kind of exhaustion that you can't really make some one understand unless they've been there themselves.

That's why I feel so bad for you. You're always so upbeat with everyone and so helpful that if you didn't tell us we would never know by your attitude. I know my other friend Kandee is going through a hard time now also and she is such a sweetheart too. I appreciate having people like you on here. Everyone benefits from your great advise!!!

Hope you have a great day today and sorry for going on so long.

Pat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#71033 - 05/17/04 06:28 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Pat,

As you can see, I am butting-in again. I am really sorry to hear you have had so many problems. I agree with you that posts from LS, Jen, Bev and others have all been very inspiring to all of us.
I hope you are feeling better today.

Barbie

--------------------

#71057 - 05/17/04 07:55 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

Hi Barbie,

Nice hearing from you. Have been doing a little better the last couple of weeks. There are some great people that post here. I'm fairly new here so enjoy checking out the posts to see if there is something I can help someone out with.
Loved reading your post about the good old days, especially American Bandstand as it brought back so many fond memories. Those things make us feel better also and we can all use some laughs in our life too. Laughter is probably the best medicine going, as it can take our minds off our problems, if only for a little while.

Keep posting!! Love hearing from you! I guess sometimes it's good to be a buttinsky or we wouldn't get to know one another!!! lol

Have A Great Day!
Pat (59 & Counting) lol

Thanks so much, Pat!! -nt- new
      #71073 - 05/17/04 08:23 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: fibro runs rampant new
      #71240 - 05/17/04 06:57 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

Thanks girls,now I know what Fibro.is.an yes I have it.there are days I can hardly walk but we always call it rheumatism or arthritis but because of my diabetic an hiatel hernia I can,t take any thing with asprin in it so I
eat tylenol.an I do take pain pills.an yes you do hurt very bad.but you do have some good days.I feel so sorry for you young girls to have so much pain.it is no fun an yes LS you are young.Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#71247 - 05/17/04 07:42 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

ok I,ll play your game {69 & counting ]an as Bev puts it you are only as old as you feel.an tonight I feel young.
maybe that fall did me some good. Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Re: fibro runs rampant new
      #71358 - 05/18/04 08:08 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Thanks, Gerry, and so sorry to hear you have it also. I thought you might. But glad you're feeling young today!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32591

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review