All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
American Idol *don't read this 'til after you've seen it.... don't wanna ruin it!*
      #69973 - 05/12/04 06:52 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

holy crap! i can't believe it. i'm just now listening to Ryan get ready to announce who is leaving. it's ridiculous. now i'm a huge fan of Jasmine's but this is a tragedy. i can't stand Fantasia, but she's still doing better than Jasmine did....

dag. they just cut to commercial.

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: American Idol *don't read this 'til after you've seen it.... don't wanna ruin it!* new
      #69975 - 05/12/04 06:57 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

oh, now i'm disgusted.

what is going on!?

i can't believe this crap. i really thought LaToya would win the whole thing.

damn.

seriously, i'm beginning to wonder if there's some racial crap going on with this. if so, i'm going to have to stop watching this show. America has lost it's freakin' mind.

--------------------

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG new
      #69988 - 05/12/04 08:07 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT??? I started yelling at the TV because of it!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Jasmine sucks, I don't like Fantasia too awful much, and I adored (and I mean ADORED!) LaToya and Diana!! I'm with you. If Fantasia goes next week, there's definitley some racist thing going on!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Re: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG new
      #69990 - 05/12/04 08:14 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hi Guys,
I too was sooo incredibly shocked!! I don't agree with you that it is a racial issue. I think people just like Diana cause she's young, and love jasmine cause she's sweet and cute. Latoya is clearly a WAAAAAAY better singer, but she didn't have any trademark that made her stand out besides her voice. I think america's gone wacko and is voting basically on who they think is cute etc. Its becoming more of a popularity contest then a singing contest. I think that is why john stevens was in it so long, because he was a nice and sweet boy. He was popular with the fans. I think that far outweighs the racial factor.
As for fantasia I think she belonged in the bottom two, she is not my favorite singer.

--------------------

Ticked OFF!!!!!!! new
      #69996 - 05/12/04 08:39 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Oh I am soooooo MAD I really wanted La Toya to win!!!! I'm really sad that she's off.

I think what happens is the judges tell everyone that Jasmin...or even John Stevens are gone...they told them both your done your going to be voted off.So then America goes crazy and votes for them so they at least have sympathy votes.....but everone is giving them sympathy votes and then they are safe. Or everyone thinks La Toya and Fantasia will get tons of votes so they vote for the underdog. What ever is happening....IT SUCKS!!!!!

La Toya was and is the best! I think she will go far however!!! She will get a record deal and make it huge!!!!

--------------------

Edited by StephS (05/12/04 08:39 PM)

Re: Ticked OFF!!!!!!! new
      #70002 - 05/12/04 09:06 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

When Simon told Jasmine that if every family in Hawaii had 5 phone lines and called to vote for her, she still would not win, it p%^$$%^ people off and they called in and voted for her. This poor girl cannot sing on key, she sings flat all of the time,and bless her heart I dont think she or her family realizes it. She is not talented enough to be where she is.

I dont think this is a racial issue at all. It all boils down to what Simon says,and how he says it. What a shame. Elton John said he would give her a contract when he was on the show (Latoya). I think Diana is going to sneak up on all of them and possibly win the show. I was screaming at the tv too!

PS, Paula looked alot better tonight -nt- new
      #70003 - 05/12/04 09:07 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Re: Ticked OFF!!!!!!! new
      #70007 - 05/12/04 09:38 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I agree with you all, about people listening to the judges. Everyone boos and complains when simon says something, but he basically speaks the truth. I personally would rather have someone tell it like it is so I can work harder and improve, than sugar coat everything like paula does.

--------------------

Re: American Idol *don't read this 'til after you've seen it.... don't wanna ruin it!* new
      #70017 - 05/13/04 04:56 AM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

When was it on??!!!!! I flipped thru the channels at 7 pm and at 8pm and it wasnt on either time!!! Some sci-fi type show was on at 8pm,that 70's show was an hour long,so i gave up and went to bed early.Darn i missed it!!!! So they let LaToya go?....wow, she was a great singer, i thought for sure Jasmine would go....huh, i guess thats how they keep viewers coming back!

YIKES!!!!! new
      #70021 - 05/13/04 06:17 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Jen,

I know this is hard to believe but I am speechless!!!! Even so, I have a few comments.... I think the audience was flabbergasted just like we were. I agree with the other posts about the public that is calling in is just trying to spite Simon when he says a person should be voted off. I definitely don't think it's racial...it's a Simon thing!!!
Remember last year Ruben won.
I think it will be down to Fantasia and Diana.

Barbie, Out

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2344 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1775

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review