All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Graduation coming up
      #69028 - 05/10/04 11:28 AM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I graduate on Saturday!!! The only problem is, is that the ceremony is scheduled to be at least 2 hours long! And I will be sitting in the middle of a huge row of people, so no chance of going to the bathroom! So, today I had oatmeal for breakfast, white rice for lunch, am drinking peppermind tea as we speak. This week I am going to be so careful so that there is no chance of anything happening on Saturday. Any helpful hints to get me through the week? The ceremony starts at 10, so I'm already planning on not drinking anything and only eating some toast them morning of...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

keeps getting pushed down.. new
      #69114 - 05/10/04 02:11 PM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Congrats! new
      #69143 - 05/10/04 03:13 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Rosie, congrats on your upcoming graduation! How exciting! It sounds like you're doing all the right things. I always eat VERY carefully when I have important events like that coming up, too. One more tip... try to stay relaxed! If you're stressing about sitting through the ceremony it will only make things worse. Enjoy your special day and go with the flow!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Graduation coming up new
      #69175 - 05/10/04 05:52 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

YAY, Rosie!! Congratulations on your graduation!

I think it's a great plan to eat very safely this week. You might also want to take an Imodium Saturday morning just to be on the safe side. That seems to work pretty well for people going on trips and stuff. It works as a preventive.

Good luck and congrats again!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Graduation coming up new
      #69189 - 05/10/04 06:27 PM
Megs

Reged: 04/03/04

Congrats! Eating right leading up to it is definitely a good preventative. When I graduated I refused to eat the day of because I was horrified at the idea of sitting somewhere for so long and I would recommend from that experience to eat a little something early. Heat plus anxiety(good or bad) plus lack of food does not always turn out so well. I think the biggest thing for me was not stressing about the situation i was in and causing my own stomach problem. The only way I was able to accomplish that was whenever I started obsessing on it I talked with the person next to me...it happened to be a friend so ahead of time I told her that I would need random chatting throughout the ceremony to get through and I had a bottle of water with me that I could sip. Good luck!

Congrats!! new
      #69249 - 05/11/04 04:50 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,
I just wanted to say congratulations on your graduation.. I would agree with what everyone else said about eating carefully and trying not to stress - easier said than done, I know!
Anyway, I hope it will be a really awesome day for you and all goes well! Good luck and congrats again,
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Congrats!! new
      #69529 - 05/11/04 01:13 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Congrats!! What a great feeling that will be. Try not to stress.... enjoy this special time!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5006 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 447

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review