Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Weight Weight Weight Weight!
      #69017 - 05/10/04 10:49 AM
JuLee

Reged: 03/23/04
Loc: Flushing Queens NYC

i can't stop gaining it!!!!!!

help me, this is driving me nuts! all my clothes don't fit now....i mean it happened in like a 1 week time frame....i was fine, clothes fit a bit tight but now...BAM! nothing will close!!!

i am officially freaking out now. someone please help.

can i take trimspa...or will that kill my stomach?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

hey JuLee new
      #69048 - 05/10/04 12:26 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

i was wondering where you had gotten off to...

just saying hi. i have no advice at all about weight since i have gained 12 pounds after starting this new medication. i'm disgusted with myself and am going to the doctor tomorrow to tell her that this prescription is NO solution for anything. Crap, i wasn't depressed about my diagnosis, but i sure as hell am about this weight.

i don't know about the trimspa. i have no idea what's in that. i know i can't take most of those kinds of meds 'cause they speed up the metabolism. anything that speeds stuff up also speeds up my intestinal tract. speed = diarrhea, for me.

any chance your weight is just water? (i was holding out hope on that one, myself, for a while, but it seems not to be the case. )

--------------------

Re: hey JuLee new
      #69091 - 05/10/04 01:22 PM
JuLee

nope, don't think its water.

i have no idea what is going on...my body seems to be mad at me

i hit the gym again though and i am cutting my calories to a measly 1200 a day....if something doesnt happen soon i am going to go insane.

Sorry i Haven't been around...scotty man went back home and work has been CRAZY with the olympics coming up.

how you doing, though?

Just a thought... new
      #69107 - 05/10/04 01:52 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

are you near that time of the month? My belt always goes out a couple of notches the week before mine!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Re: Just a thought... new
      #69112 - 05/10/04 02:06 PM
JuLee

i wish it was peaches

nope...i've actually gained weight...about 11 pounds to be exact...and its all in my face, legs, and tum tummy.

its horrible. lets hope the working out will stop whatever the hell is happening to me

Re: hey JuLee new
      #69164 - 05/10/04 05:27 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

eh. i'm here. ya know.... doin' the sick thing. lovin' it. (or not)

sorry Lee went home. how many days 'til you go visit?

--------------------

Re: Just a thought... new
      #69231 - 05/10/04 09:43 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

JuLee, I am doing the same thing. I think you are on the right track cutting down the calories. I am going to do the same thing, thanks for the idea.

I truly do not understand how one day I can have my fav shorts bagging around the waist, 3 days later they are tight in the waist and the crotch. I find myelf changing clothes constantly trying to get comfy. I hate this too. I am afraid of Trimspa and its copycats. I took Formula One a few years back, my body suffered terribly from it, I never recovered my old self. Be very wary, stay on your low cal diet and working out. I would hate to see you suffer as I did. good luck girl.

No! No! No! No! new
      #69438 - 05/11/04 11:20 AM
Katy6170

Reged: 03/31/04
Loc: New Jersey

JuLee,
Just reading your post, whatever you do to try and lose weight do not take Trim Spa!! It will make your stomach want to fall out of your body! I tried it once about 3 years ago, before my IBS symptoms and endo and all that, and it left me with the worst case of C I've ever had, still, to this day!! And I wasn't even using it to lose weight, just for some energy for my workouts. Incidentially, my stomach has never been the same since. Coincidence or not, I'm not sure. Just to be on the safe side, try excercising and drinking plenty of water and watching portion sizes. I find that yoga and pilates are good for weight management as well as for symptoms of IBS.
I also know that TrimSpa has been banned in my state because it was deemed unsafe (in NJ).

Good luck with your weight loss, hope this has helped scare you into not taking that awful stuff!!!
-Katy

Re: No! No! No! No! new
      #69484 - 05/11/04 12:07 PM
JuLee

thanks for the notice!!

i have bad C as it is, wouldn't want it to get worse!

today is day 2 of my calorie cut and work out plan. Yesterday I went to the gym during luncha nd ran forabout 20 minutes, then felt like i was going to die so i stopped, stretched, showered and came back to work.

Then i did my yoga right before bed to help me sleep. and i ate 1227 calories by days end.

today i woke up early and did morning yoga to help wake me up ( i got this great dvd with 5 different yoga lessons all for something different)

i have planned out my meals for the week and cooked everything on sunday and seperated it all out into different tupperware containers so i just grab it to go for work or just pop it in the microwave when i get home

tonight i will be doing my Tae Bo and then bedtime yoga once again.

lets hope it works, i'm meeting by boyfriend's family in scotland in july and i want to be GORGEOUS! If i could loose 20 by then i will be the happiest bunny EVER...

i'm on a misson now!

Re: No! No! No! No! new
      #69488 - 05/11/04 12:17 PM
Katy6170

Reged: 03/31/04
Loc: New Jersey

Sounds like you are doing everything right! Best of luck to you, and keep doing that yoga! It's the best weight regulator out there. Pilates is great too, I got six-pack abs from doing pilates, and it makes you feel AWESOME.
And remember, don't kill yourself either. It;s best to ease your body into a routine then to just throw it in there. And your muscles need rest too. I like doing cardio (like kickboxing, running, etc.) 3 alternating days a week, then do strength training (weights, pilates, etc.) 3 days. I suppliment that with a short yoga session for about 20 minutes every morning. But that routine developed over about 4 years of excercising regularly. So don't kick your butt too hard in the beginning...
And don't worry about losing weight to be gorgeous, I see your picture, you are gorgeous girl!
Best of luck again!
-Katy

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 442 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2116

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review