All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
What's the weather like?
      #67799 - 05/05/04 10:31 AM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Hi guys? Just wanted to know what the weather is like where everyone is. This is the living room after all and most living rooms have a window even if it's tiny and fogged up. Sooooooo...if we know what the weather is like where you are..it's like we are all in eachother's living room. Feel free to add any other details like...are there any pretty plants (or ugly buildings) outside. Yeah..stuff. Okie dokie. Hope you're havin a great day!

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's the weather like? new
      #67806 - 05/05/04 10:34 AM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

Well, I know that the weather is awesome outside in St. Louis right now, but there are NO windows anywhere near me at all at work! I'm going to FINALLY see the sun when I leave @ 3:30 today.
The lighting in my building sucks big time. It's all depressing with no natural sunlight. I feel like a spotlight is constantly on me throughout the day.
Oh, by the way, today is supposed to be sunny and around 82 degrees! Yay!
3 more hours of work left!!

#67811 - 05/05/04 10:37 AM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Poor you! But at least it will still be daytime when you get out! Enjoy the nice weather!!!!

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

#67819 - 05/05/04 10:43 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

The weather here in Houston is absolutely beautiful. The sun in shining and it is about 78 degrees. It has been beautiful (even though I didn't enjoy it much yesterday because I felt yucky) several days and is supposed to remain that way through the weekend. I have already been outside watering plants. Guess I will enjoy it while I can because hurricane season is getting near.

Barbie

--------------------

#67823 - 05/05/04 10:47 AM
TammyLaurendi

Reged: 09/16/03
Loc: Western New York

55 degrees and sunny. For some reason spring has forgotten Western NY. I usually at least have some pansies planted by now.

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

#67878 - 05/05/04 01:02 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Quote:

55 degrees and sunny. For some reason spring has forgotten Western NY. I usually at least have some pansies planted by now.

Yeah, where the heck is Spring?? We had it for about 2 days last week and now it seems to have vanished again. It's only about 50 here in Rochester and not even sunny. But it was raining all morning and now it's not so I gues it could be worse. So where in WNY are you, fitfor40?

Tarabara, what's your weather like?

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#67880 - 05/05/04 01:10 PM
TammyLaurendi

Quote:

So where in WNY are you, fitfor40?

About 60 miles west of you off of Rt 31 in Gasport. The weather has just been weird starting with winter not arriving until January!

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

#67892 - 05/05/04 01:34 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

It is 10:30 pm here. The temp is around 50 degrees and it is chilly. The levante winds have blown in and as I sit here I can hear the howling out my window. Our house gets very cold because we have no heat and no insulation and is made of stucco. All of the houses here in Spain are like this. Today it was very cloudy and I am assuming it is still the same out now.

Hope tomorrow is better weather. I am ready for some warm temps.

--------------------
Janey

#67907 - 05/05/04 02:07 PM
Kree

Quote:

Quote:

So where in WNY are you, fitfor40?

About 60 miles west of you off of Rt 31 in Gasport. The weather has just been weird starting with winter not arriving until January!

I'm actually East of Rochester in Macedon... and I live about 2 minutes off of Rt. 31, too! How fun. We're miles apart but live off the same road.

And yeah, this Winter was horrible. I felt like a hermit because I stayed huddled inside the house for most of January!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#67908 - 05/05/04 02:09 PM
JuLee

Reged: 03/23/04
Loc: Flushing Queens NYC

NYC has been pretty decent....great sun this morning but it has been in the low 60's all day

have not even looked outside during the day so not sure how it is now

#67923 - 05/05/04 02:47 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Welp, it is finally cooling down in San Jose, CA. It's only supposed to be 79 degrees (always feels hotter than the projected forecast!) and will hopefully stay cool until this weekend. Bright and sunny outside too!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#67924 - 05/05/04 02:49 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Right now it's 1 C or roughly 34 F. It snowed all morning and it's been pretty gross all afternoon with low ceilings, low visibility and strong winds. May is such a lovely month :s

#67979 - 05/05/04 05:38 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

It is 5:36pm here....the sun is shinning....the waves are crashing.... I see one kite in the sky and about 6 sailboats in the distance. It is currently 68 (by my thermometer on the deck)

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#67987 - 05/05/04 05:56 PM
Kree

Quote:

It is 5:36pm here....the sun is shinning....the waves are crashing.... I see one kite in the sky and about 6 sailboats in the distance. It is currently 68 (by my thermometer on the deck)

Okay Shell, make some room. I'm coming to stay with you!!

--------------------

#67989 - 05/05/04 06:01 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Quote:

There is always room for ya Kree!

Maybe we should open......."Shell & Shane IBS Bed & Breakfast"!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#67990 - 05/05/04 06:04 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

It got up to 100 degrees here today! Yuck! Its just gonna keep going up from here on out - Hope everyone thats going to the fall sprawl is ready for it!

#67991 - 05/05/04 06:08 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

Quote:

Me too, I could use a break from the desert and enjoy some water for a change!! Maybe you have a guest house that a bunch of us can come stay in???

Kandee

--------------------

#68006 - 05/05/04 07:32 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

let see the weather here has been very hot.even have my air on today.looking out my window.I see a beautiful weeping willow tree an a lot of rose tree.with beautiful roses on them.it is my front yard.I would say it is about 100 or more. Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#68008 - 05/05/04 07:42 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

I'm in the wrong spot. it's 10 to 10pm and we're now down at -2c (in the twenties! for you Farhenheit people) yuck

I'm coming to visit somewhere warmer!

#68009 - 05/05/04 07:47 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

Abby82 you can say that again but by Oct.it will cool down.maybe.an that is a big MAYBE.it is way to hot for me in the summer months.Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#68017 - 05/05/04 08:25 PM
Kree

Quote:

I'm in the wrong spot. it's 10 to 10pm and we're now down at -2c (in the twenties! for you Farhenheit people) yuck

I'm coming to visit somewhere warmer!

Yep. That's the wrong spot.

--------------------

#68018 - 05/05/04 08:26 PM
Kree

Quote:

There is always room for ya Kree!

Maybe we should open......."Shell & Shane IBS Bed & Breakfast"!

LOL! I think you're on to something...

--------------------

#68025 - 05/05/04 09:05 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Well, right now it's about 11 p.m. and it's warm and breezy. It got up to about 85 degrees today with sunny skies and gusty winds. It was very nice. But, tomorrow, we might set a record high for May 6th, with a forecast of 90 degrees. We're already using our central air, because it gets pretty humid here. When it's daylight I can see my son's fort in the yard from my picture window in the living room. I can also see a new oak tree that I just planted a couple of days ago. It's very pretty around here right now, with beautiful green grass and the tall cottonwoods moving so gracefully with the blowing of the strong winds. I love spring in Kansas.

#68030 - 05/05/04 09:44 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

It was a beautiful day here, the high was around 77. We do have our air conditioner on, have had for about 6-8 weeks, have to because of the humidity. If you want to sleep at night, ya got to have the air on. Right now it is a cool 68. Looking out of my kitchen window I see beautiful green grass, we have a lot of Pecan trees on our property, the leaves are now a bright fresh green. We have 8 horses right now, in the morning they will be running and kicking up their heels just enjoying the nice cool air. I love to watch them run, they are just beautiful. Looking out my back door, is my favorite flower garden, lots of color, and something new blooming every day. We have a blind calf, things did not work out with him and his mother, she wouldnt take care of him. When he gets hungry, he comes looking for his "mom", one evening last week he followed my husband into the house, that was about all I was going to put up with, so I steered him back outside. My husband is feeding him out of a bucket with a nipple on the side of it, he thinks llm(long legged man,my pet name for him on the boards) is his mom. It is so cute to see him following llm around. I am so blessed to live in such a beautiful place, I do love it here. Wow, don't I ramble on.

One more thing, directly behind my house is a barn and a roping arena. This is where my husand, two sons, two grandsons and a few friends gather on the weekends to rope steers. Yes, I am married to a real cowboy, they use these horses to work cows, many times they have to be caught and roped to be loaded into the stock trailer to take to the auction.....I am so bad about going on and on and on. sorry.
------------

Dont tell God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big your God is !!!

#68228 - 05/06/04 10:10 AM
Lilybear

Reged: 04/05/04
Loc: east coast, usa

Interesting & fun question Tarabara:) Hmmmm, let see: the weather today says "come out and play!" The sun is shining, wind chimes are making sweet sounds in our neighborhood, birds are flying & chirping, flowers are blossoming & they smell yummy. Its warm and bright outside. The past few days we had some stormy, wintery like weather that made me want to take long naps & watch movies all day long. Actually when it was raining a few days ago, we had this wild bunny in my garden taking shelter under my swing for most of the morning. Then in the afternoon, he was running up & down the garden-- it was too cute.
Now its Spring again, and later we are going to go Mother's Day shopping although my tummy is a little mad at me for not sticking to the diet. I'm back on the diet, and I'm hoping to have energy & feel well to stay out so I can shop. How are you feeling Tarabara?? Are you feeling better these days? Hope you are well & Take care:)
*lilybear

#68234 - 05/06/04 10:32 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It's not too bad here today...up to 14 degrees so at least it's not cold!!

The trees are starting to bud and the sun is shining....

But when I looked out the window in my office all I see is a drab old parking lot with a row of cars parked in it and a little further than that a street.

Not the greatest view but at least there's sunshine in my office!!

It's beautiful! new
      #68246 - 05/06/04 10:44 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Sitting here at my computer at home (played hooky from work with a sore throat and a GI doc appt. this afternoon) and look out the window next to me, I see our back yard and our wonderful view of the mountain. Almost all the snow is gone on the mountain already. It's sunny, warm, and windy....beautiful flowers are blooming...bees are buzzing...birds are churping....little bunnies are running around...If I go into the front part of our house and stand between the kitchen and living room....to the left I look out our huge kitchen window and see the mountain, and the traffic going by on the nearby highway....I see our ducks and geese playing in their pool and our chickens scratching the ground for treats. As I look to my right I see out our huge livingroom window....our new concrete driveway partially done and the workers working on the rest as we speak....I see birds, more flowers, green grass, sunshine......

Sun!! new
      #68279 - 05/06/04 01:15 PM
Kree

Okay, I have to change my tune now. Our weather suddenly took a turn for the better! Today it's around 70. It's a little overcast but it was sunny earlier so I can't complain. I went for a nice drive and sat by the canal and now I'm in a really good mood. It's amazing what a little sun can do!

Of course, it is supposed to rain tonight and get colder again tomorrow. Sigh.

--------------------

Well it was 34 degrees on Monday........ new
      #68313 - 05/06/04 02:22 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

But today (Thursday) it's finally looking like spring! It's 82° and I'm LOVING it!!!!!!! YAY!! lol We had to go outside for gym so I got sweaty, but it's better than being freezing cold like we were on Monday and Tuesday!

I hope everyone else's weather is this nice today!!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Re: Sun!! new
      #68323 - 05/06/04 02:53 PM
TammyLaurendi

You are so funny Kree, I was just getting ready to say Yaa it's spring but you beat me to it. Also, I'm sorry, but I just read the weather report and we are expecting lovely thunderstorms tonight. Guess the dog gets drugs after we go for our evening walk along the canal!

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

Edited by fitfor40 (05/06/04 02:57 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 597 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4856

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review