All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pregnancy and antidepressants
      #65553 - 04/28/04 08:51 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ok, all you moms out there-did any of you take any sort of anti-depressant while you were pregnant??? I just put a phone call into my OBGYN. When I talked to him 3 months ago and told him I wanted to get pregnant, he told me to stop my Lexapro. I have been on some brand of SSRI for over 10 years. Its been almost 3 motnhs since I stopped taking it and its been just awful! I keep telling myself it will get better but it just isn't! I'm miserable. I'm angry and tense. I don't even like myself, its all I can do to get out of bed in the am. I started seeing a shrink and doing the hypno tapes and I'm still tense. Its starting to put a strain on my marriage.

I don't think theres any way I could even get pregnant as stresses and tense as I am! I know there is a lot of controversey about SSRI's and pregnancy and just wanted to see if anyone else took them while pregnant??

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pregnancy and antidepressants new
      #65572 - 04/28/04 09:19 AM
Stephibush

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Michigan

My OB told me Serzone was fine for pregnancy so that is what I took. My boys turned out fine and I had no effects even with the flow of hormones. You should check into it. I took 100 mg a day.

Re: Pregnancy and antidepressants new
      #65628 - 04/28/04 11:10 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thanks, I'm going to look it up on line and will ask the OBGYN when he calls me back later. I hate HAVING to take anything, but I just can't take it anymore. Anyway, when I do get pregnant, being this stressed and tense just can't be good for the baby either!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4811 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 297

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review