Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Tuesday with the LOSERS
      #65022 - 04/27/04 06:36 AM
happyday

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Chicago, IL

HI Everyone!

Are w having a good week? I see that yesterday we had some newcomers to our thread, so WELCOME!

I have been doing SO GREAT for 2 days in a row now, and I am almost on a high. I have no desire (at the moment) to stray from my healthy eating! I have eaten only my WW points each day and have not gone into my exercise points, which I have earned at least 5 each day.

So I wanted to ask the team today 2 questions, what do you do to keep in shape? And What is your favorite food that is IBS friendly?

I am a definite cross-trainer...you name it, I do it! During the course of a week, I walk, run, spin, weight train, elliptical, stair step and kickbox. I like to do lots of differnt things.

My fav IBS friendly food are defintely RKT's!!!

Have a good day everyone!
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tuesday with the LOSERS new
      #65035 - 04/27/04 06:44 AM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

Hi Happyday!

Well, how I keep in shape is by doing 4 or 5 exercise videos a week, doing my 10 minute ab tapes 5 times a week (kickboxing, aerobics, etc.), and lift weights 3 times a week.
I also ride my stationary bike almost every day for at least 45 minutes, sometimes up to 2 hours (if I'm really bored and have a good book to read).

My favorite IBS safe food to eat would be: Ooh, this is a hard one, because there is a TON of food I love! Well, bagels, cereal, pancakes, biscuits, bananas, toast with jelly, graham crackers...just to name a few... I love any kind of bread! YUM!

#65056 - 04/27/04 07:03 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

hey, amy.

i didn't do so well yesterday. today i'm on a roll so far. i'm determined to outsmart this stupid medication and its cravings! i brought a few snack-sized containers of applesauce and some Silk yogurts. i'm snacking on those if i get hungry.

by the way, i have a new goal: DRINK WATER! in addition, i intend to go back to WW starting this weekend.

as for "keeping in shape," i used to be a loyal gym-goer until i started getting ouchy all the time. then i started being exhausted. i am trying to walk. my goal is to get this CFS/fibro/whatchahoozit under control so that i can get back to the gym, even if it's just for small workouts. it makes me feel good about myself to go...

my favorite IBS safe food? i have 2. naturally, i love the RKTs (i just am avoiding the sugaa). i also really like this meal i found that is chicken and pears and sweet potatoes with a dijon-based sauce. sounds weird, but it really works well!

have a good day, losers.

--------------------

#65060 - 04/27/04 07:09 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I did ok yesterday. I twisted my ankle over the weekend climbing down a ladder, so I haven't been able to workout, can just today walk without too much pain, still limping though!

Usually I do my elliptical trainer 3 times a week and go to Curves 3 times a week.

Favorite foods, hmmm, chunky applesauce, graham crakers, soy delicious crisps and Kellogs Cinnamon Krunchers Cereal, its fairly new but really yummy!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#65108 - 04/27/04 09:17 AM
happyday

Michele, Do not push it....being out with an injury can be tough, but you want to rest and let it heal. It willl heal so much faster if you keep weight off of it for a while.

#65109 - 04/27/04 09:17 AM
Stephibush

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Michigan

Hey! I'm still new at this so I'm tagging onto this post. I'm just starting Heather's food lifestyle for my IBS-D. I workout at Curves and I love to walk. I'm trying to push the water as well but I think I'm over carbing and not exercising enough. I could eat bread all day if possible! I love chicken so I need to incorporate some protein from that. I hope to hear from you all. I noticed one of you is from Michigan too so that's pretty neat. We both know how our weather can be and trying to fit in that outside walk! Talk soon!

#65129 - 04/27/04 09:58 AM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

I'm having a pretty good week---except for that EVIL VILE Devil called Coffee that I couldn't resist. But I've recovered and am fine today.

I saw the dietician again today and I've lost 2lbs of body fat in 3 weeks with this high protein diet. And the best thing is, I don't have to give up my beloved carbs either. I thought that I was eating too much since the scale didn't change, but my body composition has improved. So that was very encouraging!

As for exercise, I love the elliptical machine, but I also go on the treadmill (or for walks outside), and the rowing machine. I do cardio for about 30-45 minutes, sometimes 60-70, 4-5x a week depending how much "spare" time I have. I also lift weights 3xs a week.

And my favorite snack---well, bread of course, bagels, cheerios, rice cakes, pear wedges, carrots, hummus and pita.

Sheesh, with all that you'd think I'd be skinny...um, not so true!

--------------------
--Julie

Julie new
      #65174 - 04/27/04 10:57 AM
happyday

I know...with how well I watch my food and exercise you would think weight would be flying off....but my body likes to hold on to the pounds very tightly!

Re: Stephibush new
      #65187 - 04/27/04 11:10 AM
michele

Hi, I see you are from Mi, where abouts?? I live in Royal Oak, which is Metro Detroit area. I also do Curves!

--------------------

#65403 - 04/27/04 05:41 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey guys... I'm finally checking back in after my weekend of decadance. I foolishly drank two martinis on a completely empty stomach on Friday and then drunkenly wandered over to a diner where I ate chocolate chip pancakes. I paid, paid, paid. Compounding the problem was the complete lack of healthy food (I was at my sister's college graduation) the whole time so I just kept being sick on Saturday but having to eat sketchy foods because there was nothing else.

Anyway, yesterday I was back on track and ate my 20 points and today I'm doing well again. Probably gained 5 pounds over the weekend though.

My favorite exercises? I love pilates, and I was training for a marathon before I got too sick too, so I like running too. I really like dance aerobics even though I suck. Right now all I'm doing is work though. Morning to night with a few breaks to eat in between.

And my favorite IBS safe food? Probably bagels with soy cream cheese. Nummy.

Jenny new
      #65411 - 04/27/04 06:12 PM
happyday

As annoying as it is to eat foods that are not tummy friendly, I appreciate your sharing. It really helps me (and everyone I am sure) to hear that other people make mistakes, and then get back on track making wise choices.

Have a great week, and if you do have any gain from the weekend it is probably mostly water weight I doubt you ate an extra 9,000 calories, which is what you would need to do to gain 5lbs.

Calories and weight gain! new
      #65412 - 04/27/04 06:15 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

What! I gain weight if I have a couple of biccies a day over my allowance! How can this be I can't believe I ate that many extra calories during my bad week (when I put 5 pounds back on ).

Re: Stephibush new
      #65564 - 04/28/04 09:08 AM
Stephibush

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Michigan

I actually live in Otsego which is between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo. Don't you love Curves? I definitely see results when I get my butt there!!

Re: Curves new
      #65567 - 04/28/04 09:12 AM
michele

Curves is ok. I don't feel I lose as much weight with it as I do on my elliptical trainer. Its nice though because its on my home home from work, so if I can't pull my butt out of bed in the am to do the elliptical, I just stop at Curves on the way home! Its nice to have an alternative! Its a quick workout, since your changing machines so often, I think it really flies by!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2154 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1302

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review