All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Got my hypno CD's, YEAH!!!!!
      #63834 - 04/22/04 11:03 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I got my CD's today in the mail and did my first session this evening. It was wonderful. I felt so relaxed when I was done. I can't wait to do the second session tomorrow.

My husband keeps looking at me and shaking his head and says he is surprised because it is so unlike me to buy anything like this. It isn't in a bad way just that I don't spend money on myself most of the time. I am usually putting others in my family first.

--------------------
Janey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

congratulations Janey!...... new
      #63856 - 04/22/04 11:44 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

tonight will be my fourth night and I am already seeing a slight difference in my anxiety. I don't know if it's just coincidence or if it is the hypno. I was a bit confused at the schedule at first...we are supposed to listen to the first session for the first days before going to the second session. So in case you are confused like I was.....where there is a 1 on the schedule you do the first session (repeated). I may be the only one who was confused....but ya never know.

I wanna hear all about them... new
      #63865 - 04/22/04 11:50 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

.. from you guys who are just starting them!

I have been waiting to start mine until after my move and school so that my schedule calms down a bit - hopefully they'll help!

I do have a question that I ought to post on the hypno board, but since this thread is already going...

I have severe needle phobia. I start hyperventalating (sp) at the thought of the needle going into my skin and 9 out of 10 times end up fainting (I really amazed my doctor by fainting while lying down the last time ). I really want to get over this phobia, and wonder if Michael has other hypnotherapy programs that might help, or if you can apply the same principles of this hypnotherapy program to other things?

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

Jen new
      #63869 - 04/22/04 11:56 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

i'm running into you all over the place today! nice to have you take a breather from the Vegas boards!

anyway, the "follow-up" to the IBS series, Towards Inner Peace, looks like it could help a lot with whatever you want to work on. when i'm done with IBS 100, i'm going to wait the 3 months then try TIP. i'm hoping i can use it to help with the symptoms of my fibro/cfs/whatchahoozit. anyway, it would be worth a shot for the needle phobia, don'tcha think!?

--------------------

No, not the only one new
      #63878 - 04/22/04 12:03 PM
Megs

Reged: 04/03/04

I did definitely have to read the schedule a few times before realizing that I was listening to session 1 for the first 10 days except for the day off on day 6 I think it is. I started 10 days ago and today is my last day with session one. It definitely helps me calm down and relax when I listen to them but I haven't been able to transfer it into my everyday yet, although I do tend to hear "there are no demands, no insistence" quite often in my head when I freak out lol!

-Megs

Willing to try anything at this point... new
      #63881 - 04/22/04 12:04 PM
Jennifer Rose

I'll have to look into that. I know it's bad when my doctor informs me that she'll "hunt me down" if I don't go get the blood tests done..

And yeeeah.. after 2 weeks of stress at work, I'm taking advantage of the quiet day today to play more.

Thanks!

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

I hear that toooo!!!!!! new
      #63889 - 04/22/04 12:15 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I hear "there are no demands and no insistance" too!!! I also hear his voice when I get anxious about something.

well it's good to see you "out and about!" LOL -nt- new
      #63893 - 04/22/04 12:20 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

We remember you and your needle phobia... new
      #63900 - 04/22/04 12:30 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

and your colonoscopy experience

Once you finish the tapes I think you will be able to use the exercises that you've learned thru doing them to put youself into a "state" so to speak so that you aren't much aware of what is going on around you with the doc/nurse/needles. It won't be exactly like you are asleep but just in a sort of la la land where you focus on your inner self and not the things going on around you..thus you won't get the reaction you do now........if that makes any sense.

--------------------

Re: We remember you and your needle phobia... new
      #63930 - 04/22/04 01:16 PM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

Once you finish the tapes I think you will be able to use the exercises that you've learned thru doing them to put youself into a "state" so to speak so that you aren't much aware of what is going on around you with the doc/nurse/needles. It won't be exactly like you are asleep but just in a sort of la la land where you focus on your inner self and not the things going on around you..thus you won't get the reaction you do now........if that makes any sense.

Okay, I have a mental image of trying to hypnotise myself with a pocket watch while waiting for the short little technician guy (my dad and I nicknamed him "angry little elf" because he's never in a good mood..) to stab me! LOL

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: I hear that toooo!!!!!! new
      #63954 - 04/22/04 01:57 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I hear that prhase all the time too!!! Sometimes its a little spooky! It is helping me relax at night and its beginning to help my anxiety some. I'm on day 10 today, so I think I start session 2 real soon, I'm looking forward to it!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

LMBO-nt- new
      #64020 - 04/22/04 06:00 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1140 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 664

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review