All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)
Re: WOW Peaches! new
      #62249 - 04/17/04 07:53 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Thanks, Joan!! Where ya been?

Well for me, when it comes to guys, I like to sit back for a while and observe and see how they act with their friends around so that I can learn more about them. I'd like to know what I'd be getting myself into if I started something with them! However, when the guy is really nice, it always makes me hope that maybe they'll just start talking to me first. Conversation starting with boys has never been my strong suit!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: just curious about everyone... new
      #62252 - 04/17/04 08:23 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

what do you do for a living?
Mom mostly. I work part time at the city in the City Clerks Department - Kimm I can't imagine your job is more boring. Nice people to work with, perfect hours for my schedule, nice boss, 8 minutes from my house and decent pay. These all help balance out the "boring" factor.
how old are you?
where did you go to school?
Mira Costa College

are you married, dating, single?
Married 21 years. Two kids.

what do you like to do on your down time?
Read, play piano, play volleyball, quilting, hanging out with friends and lately spend time on this IBS board.

That's it for now,
Leigh

#62254 - 04/17/04 08:36 PM
CathyB

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Tennessee, USA

I am 54 years old and retired on disbility. I have other health issues besides IBS. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, diabetis, and degenerative arthritis. I don't have any cartilage in either knee and ambulation is a problem.
I am married for 30 years, no children; on Schnauzer--Zoe. Before I had to retire in 1995, I worked for eighteen years in our local state facility for Mentally Challenged Children. I loved my "kids" and I miss them so very much.
I love to read, watch old black/white movies, studying anything to do with psychology. I am active in my church, volunteer for the elderly ( taking them to doctor's appts, groceries, ect).

#62261 - 04/17/04 09:01 PM
PumpkinPoo

Reged: 04/03/04
Loc: Texas

what do you do for a living?...I am a mom and own my own business, working out of the house. I'm a graphic artist (think cartoony, greeting card type drawings).

how old are you?...28

are you married, dating, single?...Married with 2 kids, ages 8 and 3

what do you like to do on your down time?...Love to garden, paint (on canvas or murals), draw, write, read. Of course with work and kids, there isn't always much time for this, lol. I also enjoy being active, working out, stretching, crunches, running. I have also danced (western and swing) for 10 years. This is something that hubby and I enjoy doing together.

Wow, so many replies!

#62262 - 04/17/04 09:05 PM
LEILAGIRL

Reged: 04/17/04
Loc: HOLLYWOOD FLORIDA

hI JULEE..MY NAME IS STACEY....I LIVE IN HOLLYWOOD FLORIDA...IM AN INTERIOR DESIGNER...I HAVE TWO CHILDREN AND ONE GRANDAUGHTER.....I COULD USE A FREIND WHO SHARES IN THE SAME ILLNESS I DO I FEEL VERY ALONE....THANX

#62278 - 04/18/04 06:50 AM
Heather Eve

Reged: 04/12/04
Loc: Kearny, NJ

Hi- my name is Heather Eve, i am 30 years old (how did that happen? lol) I am single, living with my wonderful boyfriend, John. He is incredibly supportive and helpful! We live in Kearny, NJ- not too far from NYC. I work for New Jersey City University, but hold fast to my modeling dream! Who knows?!
I love to play with my "furr-babies" (4 cats and 1 Rottweiler-all rescues), sit in the park and read a good book, i love going out with friends and dancing the night away! Life is too short- every day is a gift and i always do my best to enjoy each and every one! I have survived alot in my Life so far and truly believe what does not kill you makes you stronger!

--------------------
"Not all who wander are lost"

#62287 - 04/18/04 08:20 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

what do you do for a living?
I'm an ebay book seller. To my customers I'm known as "the*book*queen". I also homeschool our youngest son, and take care of my husband. (He's disabled due to diabetes complications; too numerous to mention them all.)

how old are you?
I'm 49 and I can't believe it! In my head I'm still young. (Oh, dear, I'm nearing the awful 50's!!)

where did you go to school? The School of Hard Knocks and our local County College.

are you married, dating, single?
Married; to a very wonderful guy.

what do you like to do on your down time?
I LOVE to learn new things. I read books and research things that pique my interest. I also like being outside, working thinking puzzles (crosswords, logic puzzles, analogies, anything with numbers, etc.). I love taking care of my family and mothering anyone who will let me. I enjoy church. I also love to laugh and joke around. I like getting to know people and learning about them.

what makes you tick?
People. I consider them my most important investment.

Oh, I hope so! *fingers crossed* LOL -nt- new
      #62293 - 04/18/04 08:52 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

Re: 40's in a nutshell new
      #62295 - 04/18/04 08:58 AM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

Ok then. I will definitely be taking advantage of my 40's then. Good to know. By the way the weather is just so beautiful in Maine right now. 50's..low 60's and sunny and the flowers are just starting to come up. Beach weather.
Hope your house is coming along well.

Oh by the way, when you first starting having your anxiety attacks what did they feel like? Like what physical symptoms did you have? Do you think that they are a sypmtom of IBS or seperate from it? Did they start before or after your IBS started? Lots of questions I know, but I need to pick that brain of yours, so full of wisdom and such.

Thanks,
Cindy

Re: That was very comforting, Jenny!!!!! -nt- new
      #62303 - 04/18/04 09:44 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey, It wasn't too long ago I was living there with you... and my sister's still a teenager. I had lunch with my high school best friend this past summer (I hadn't talked to her in a few years) and we marvelled at how upset we got about things that wouldn't even phase us now.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25294

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review