All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)
Re: just curious about everyone... new
      #61529 - 04/15/04 01:08 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Ok here goes:
I'm 22 years old.
I work for a bank and I do telephone banking which means 24/7 365 days a year of answering phones and assisting customers with all their banking needs
I went to school at the University of Western Ontario in London, ON for a year, and now I'm doing distance education through Athabasca University.
I'm dating my high-school sweetie, we've been together for 6 years and now we're living together.
In my down-time I like to shop on the internet (Ebay!) and watch movies and tv on DVD which I absolutely love.
What makes me tick? That's a good question, I really don't know. I'm driven most when it comes to school, I love to learn and really want to get my degree. I also really enjoy my job, and so that motivates me to manage to get up and going everyday when I feel like crap. And my little secret is that when I'm really down, I listen to my old CD's of a boyband called Take That (from early 90s) which lets out my inner geek and never fails to cheer me up!
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#61542 - 04/15/04 01:34 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

what do you do for a living?
Um, I don't know.. I was a travel agent.. before that a waitress.. Now I work in a bar. My "Big Girl Job" is supposed to be an Administrative Officer for the Metropolitan Police in London, but they have been doing checks and stuff since August and still aren't done so I haven't actually been able to start my new job. I am thinking it may never happen.

how old are you?

Where did you go to school? I went to the local college where I lived and am a few credits short of an Associate of Arts Degree (which is basically half of a real degree). I intent to get that, then transfer to a University after we go back to Canada.

are you married, dating, single? I am dating the most wonderful man on this side of the Atlantic named Adrian. We have talked about getting married but it's more of a "one day..." thing I think - I'm still young, I think! We will be together one year on the 22nd of this month. He is immigrating to Canada in December. *swoon*

what do you do in your down time? Hang out with the boyfriend, play cards (I love card games!), read, watch reality TV, watch the O.C., my newfound guilty pleasure, cook, go for walks, go shopping, take cat naps, listen to music, talk to my friends on MSN from Canada. In Canada, I like to play with my 2 dogs, play with my 4 year old neice, hang out with my sister, drink 'til I can't feel my feet (I don't do that one since leaving Canada, but it was a bit part of my life for quite some time).

what makes you tick? My boyfriend. My best friend Arley. Cross word puzzles. Songs with lyrics that try to rhyme words that don't actually rhyme. The list goes on and on...

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#61545 - 04/15/04 01:52 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Still trying to figure that out. I was hired on to do payroll and HR for a packaging company, but somehow got A/R added on there. For the next two weeks, my role also includes receptionist until I can hire a new one, since my new one just flaked out on me.
how old are you?
Just turned 22!
where did you go to school?
Been going part-time to community college at Ohlone and San Jose City for 4 yrs now (I'm the 43rd graduating class of Ohlone next month for my AA!) and am currently attending San Jose State for my bachlor in Administration of Justice.
are you married, dating, single?
Dating my hunny, Jason - who tends to keep track of my IBS diet more than I do! Technically, we've only been serious a month now, but we've been dating for over 6 months and friends for 3 yrs.
what do you like to do on your down time?
Well, when I get time, I like to keep busy by keeping my boys out of jail with their sometimes stupid stunts, ride my motorcycle, fishing, cross-stitch, crabbing, and watch my adorable cousins.
what makes you tick?
Hmm.. that's a good question. My boyfriend and family play a huge role. My boyfriend watches out for me when often times I don't, and my family supports me in any decision that I make. Everybody is always willing to help me out, too.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#61547 - 04/15/04 01:55 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, I run an optical store. Its a small office, just the Dr and myself so I do EVERYTHING! the Dr. owns 2 other offices some distance away so he only works 2 days a week, the rest of the time, I'm in the office by myself.

I'm 33

I never actually attended college I was married the first time when I was 18, my husband at that time went to school and I worked full time in a pharmacy. We lived in a college town so I did a lot of "college stuff!" even though I didn't actually take any classes.

I was remarried when I was 29.

I love to garden and "fix-up" our house. We live in a very old house, it was built in 1922 so there is a lot of fixing up to do!

Not sure what makes me tick, still trying to figure that one out!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#61548 - 04/15/04 01:58 PM
Lilybear

Reged: 04/05/04
Loc: east coast, usa

What do you do for a living?
I am a full-time student, work, and volunteer.
How old are you?
I'm 23 years old.
Where did you go to school?
I'm in school at the moment in Va, but I a researching distance education degrees.
Are you married, dating, single?
I am single.
What do you like to do on your down time?
I like to goes to Barnes and Nobles, the beach, watch movies, and cook. I like to be outdoors and enjoy nature.
What makes me tick?
Hmmm.. life inspires me as well as people.

Re: Boeing new
      #61555 - 04/15/04 02:15 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I have three friends at Boeing right now, the one I was talking about was Sandy McPherson. I can't remember Mark and Ryan's last names at the minute. I need a nap.

Yeah, Wash U is right in the middle of the city. Parts of it were hard... I guess it has a really good ranking for undergrads. You wouldn't always know it from their papers though. It's right by Forest Park and the Loop.

It's funny... I've never heard of Maryville. Guess our paths never crossed!

Disance Education new
      #61583 - 04/15/04 02:50 PM
Lilybear

Reged: 04/05/04
Loc: east coast, usa

i got a book in a library about distance education courses, and saw the college you are going to in it. how do you like distance education courses/degree? is the school that you are going to one that you enjoy? i am considering distance education to finish my degree, and any info. that you can provide is appreciated. thanks:)

#61587 - 04/15/04 03:00 PM
Megs

Reged: 04/03/04

I am an office manager for a company that manufactures and distributes supplements for pets.
how old are you?
I made it through two years at Moorpark community college before I "took a break"....two years ago
Single
I absolutely love hockey and go to games as much as possible. Lately I read a lot. I love going to concerts,gambling, amazing spa treatments, yoga, laughing and going out dancing. Shopping for things that I don't need is key(I am a sucker for packaging) and just being with my friends.
what makes you tick?
Lets see...friends & family, Hawaii, hockey, cheesy 80s movies, yummy food and being sober. That basically sums me up.

his what...? new
      #61589 - 04/15/04 03:05 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

he's Scottish? if you mentioned that before, i missed it.

don't let him go!!!!! scottish men.... MMMMmmmmmm.....yummy.

--------------------

#61593 - 04/15/04 03:08 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

My husband's family owns an Air Conditioning Business and I'm a secretary there.

how old are you?

21 - will be 22 in June

Went to UNLV and a community college for a little while - still plan on going back when I feel a little better!

Married to the BEST man in the world! Our first Anniversary will be on August 1st, but we've been together for 3 years! =)

Shop! Play with my yorkie - Abby (My real name is Stacey - I used her name on here!) Hang out with my husband, visit my family whenever I get the chance, scrapbooking - its addictive! hmmm....and lots, lots more!

what makes you tick? Not sure about that one!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2451 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25294

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review