All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: just curious about everyone... new
      #61442 - 04/15/04 10:40 AM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

My name is Cindy and I am an oldie (39!) but I think a goodie, most of the time anyway. I have two little girls with my husband who I married at 21. We met at college, the Univ. of ME. I studied Animal Science, wanted to be a vet, but growing up got in the way of that, sorry to say. I also have a certificate in accounting from Northeastern Univ. I used it to be an accountant for the Hard Rock Cafe in Boston and Orlando, coolest job I ever had, so much fun.
I stay home now and orchestrate our family, also a cool job, and kids make everything fun.
What makes me tick? Open mindedness and realizing that you can look at situations in many different ways. Random acts of kindness. The human mind.

OK getting a little too deep there. I also love movies and books.

Cindy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: yuppers. new
      #61446 - 04/15/04 10:47 AM
JuLee

Reged: 03/23/04
Loc: Flushing Queens NYC

we are supper duper thanks...

a little sad because his Visa fell through so now when he goes back to scotland we have 3 months to figure out what to do.

i'm in no rush to get married, so we have to find another way to do it..

glad you are better and back...love the new haircut by the way

#61469 - 04/15/04 11:12 AM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

what do you do for a living?
I'm a student and a teenager! I go to college in the fall
how old are you?
I am 17
where did you go to school?
I still go to school! I'm in high school but next year I go to Stanford
are you married, dating, single?
Single
what do you like to do on your down time?
I like to rest spend time with my family, draw, joke, play board games, root on the SF Giants (GO GIANTS!), swim (when it's warm), spend time with friends, write poetry, talk with you guys..the list goes on. OH..I like to cook and thanks to Heather's diet i can enjoy cooking now

what makes you tick?
Umm....does that mean what makes me happy or what makes me angry? Well, I just love life and the fact that there are so many things I can learn motivates me. I really enjoy helping people and being able to understand them and listen to them.

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

#61471 - 04/15/04 11:18 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

what do you do for a living?......I am a graphic designer with a local printing company. I design brochures, logos, flyers, book covers, books, etc.

how old are you?.....just turned 36 in March

where did you go to school?.....Colorado Institute of Art

are you married, dating, single?.....married 6 years this July 4

what do you like to do on your down time?......watch Survivor, draw, create, play with my Golden Retrievers, spend time with my husband, ice fishing, hiking, rock hunting, cooking, writing.

what makes you tick?.....I like to stick up for others, but have a hard time sticking up for myself. I love animals and the outdoors and can't imagine a day going by without getting outside at some point and filling my lungs with fresh air.

#61477 - 04/15/04 11:48 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I'm a full time college student, with 2 part time jobs, one in the freshmen engineering labs at my school, and one in a research lab at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
how old are you?
21, though I've been told I act a lot older, but look a lot younger
I go to Drexel University, here in Philly, with a double major in biomedical and electrical engineering. For high school, I'm originally from Richmond, VA and went to a magnet gifted high school there.
I'm dating a really sweet guy, who's in Turkey for study abroad and co-op abroad. Our 1 year is May 2; he's been in Turkey for 8 out of those 12 months.
I love to read, but I tend to get dizzy spells and headaches when I read most of the time anymore, which sucks (I've been to the eye doc and the reg doc about it, was told it's just stress). I love hanging out with my best friend, and we usually watch movies, since he's a huge movie buff and has a list of movies he wants me to see.

what makes you tick?
My two passions are theatre and robotics. I love doing production work for theatre, set construction and stage management especially. I'm also involved in an international high school robotics competition that's soooo much fun.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: Boeing new
      #61506 - 04/15/04 12:28 PM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

Hi Chinagrl,
No, I've never heard of Dressel's. Is it a restaurant or club or something? I have like no social life, I stay at home, so I have no clue what it is.

Yeah, Boeing is a very cool place to work because of the benefits. They pay for all of school and health insurance and all that. The bad thing is that I am one of the only people at Boeing under 25, much less 30. They are all very old (mostly men with glasses and gray hair and very unattractive). I definitely feel discriminated against because I'm so young. It's ageism, I tell you!

#61510 - 04/15/04 12:34 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm an office manager for a commercial real estate company. It's the most boring job on the planet.

how old are you?

I'll be 24 in September

I went to York University and got my Honours B.A in English and Anthropology. I'm currently enrolled in a graduate course at Ryerson University (it's night school)...so I'm always super busy working all day and in school at night.

I am single but have recently gone out on a couple dates with a long time friend. Nothing serious though...I'm not looking for anything huge right now.

i like to read, write, go fishing and do pretty much anything outdoors. I'm also a huge movie fan!!

what makes you tick?

my dad and my younger brother are the most important people to me in my life. I like to spend lots of time with my brother. I have a group of 6 really great girlfriends...we all hang out all the time and we are a huge support to each other. When I'm feeling too down all they have to do is take me dancing and I feel better right away!!

#61513 - 04/15/04 12:37 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh Lord... I have a friend who's still at Boeing as a software engineer and she says the same thing! All of the people there are really, really old. There was like, one guy under 30 in her building.

Dressel's is a Welsh Pub over in the Central West End (I'm guessing you live in St. Charles?) It was a really nice place to just hang out and chill.

#61519 - 04/15/04 12:48 PM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

chinagrl,

What's your friend's name? It's not like I'm going to know the person, so I don't know why I bother asking...There are like thousands of people that work here..

No, I don't live in St. Charles..not too far from there, though. I grew up in Jefferson/South county, like the bottom of hwy. 270. Now I live in the extreme opposite direction in North County (Hazelwood, 5 minutes from the Boeing buildings).

That's cool that you went to Wash U. I hear that's a pretty hard school. I think that's right in the city, isn't it? I've never been there. I go to Maryville University. It's off 40 and 141 (on Ladue Road). It's pretty small, but I love it.

#61528 - 04/15/04 01:05 PM

Unregistered

I work as a sales administrator for a local copy/fax company. I help manage our sales team.

how old are you?
I will be 27 on May 10th
I went to St. John Fisher College and majored in Psychology, graduated with honors in 2000

I am dating, I have been with him for about 7 months. Can't tell just yet if he is a keeper, the Honymoon just ended. Haha

What do you like to do on your down time?
I work out 4 days a week, and I try and read a book a month but i haven't been very disciplined with that.

what makes you tick?
hmmm, lots of things make me tick. I have been trying so hard to not let things get to me.. any advice would be helpful! I am a little high strung lately, I will get back to you

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 513 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25123

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review