All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: What was/will be your wedding song(s)? new
      #60456 - 04/12/04 01:33 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Our wedding song my husband and I danced to was by Don Henley, called "This Love". Gosh I think that's the name of it. It was pretty popular on the radio a few years ago.

The father/daughter dance was Billy Joel, Goodnight My Angel. A real tear jerker!

If you like swing dance type music Zoot Zoot Riot was so fun to dance to. It's by Cherry Poppin Daddys. I think I got that name right? It's only been a year and a half and my mind is just drawing up blanks!

I also remember requesting I Do by 98 degrees.

We had a pretty good DJ with her own bubble machine for the dance floor.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#60458 - 04/12/04 01:36 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Debby, I LOVE that Billy Joel song. It's one of my favorites! What a great idea for a Father/Daughter dance.

We didn't have dancing new
      #60461 - 04/12/04 01:41 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

because of the time of day and location of the reception. My dear sil did decide to embarrass us by showing a video of Tory and I dancing in one of our drama group plays we did. Trust me, I'm not a good dancer so it was humorus. I guess. according to her, I didn't fake my dancing ability. I can't believe I don't remember the song. It was a Micheal W. Smith song.

"Beautiful in my eyes" by Joshua Kadison? was playing a lot when we were first dating (10 years ago) and that was our song for a long time. We might have used that one.

mine was a fav of mine new
      #60468 - 04/12/04 02:01 PM
happyday

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Chicago, IL

My song was Fly Me To The Moon, Frank Sinatra wrote it, but we had a band, so they played it.

AMy

#60490 - 04/12/04 02:46 PM
amitchell83

Reged: 09/11/03

I am not getting married for a couple more years...till I am finished with college! But, we already have "our" song and have had for a year! "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds! I have loved this song from the first day I heard it! Let us know what you decide!

#60492 - 04/12/04 03:25 PM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Our first dance will be "I swear", not sure if it's going to be the pop or country version and I haven't thought of the father/daughter dance song yet...

#60495 - 04/12/04 03:47 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Our first dance song was "I'll be" by Edwin McCain =)

#60516 - 04/12/04 05:01 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

My wedding songs were:

First Dance (with just Don and I): "Because you Loved me" Celine Dion

Parents Dance (Don and his mom and Me and My dad): "Butterfly Kisses" - Bob Carlyle

Wedding Party Dance (our entire wedding party and ourselves)
"I Hope You Dance" - LeeAnne Womack. We thought it was a good kick off with the dance and thank you to all the wedding party for being there for us.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: You are So Beautiful new
      #60520 - 04/12/04 05:08 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Believe it or not, that is kinda "our song", but in a silly kinda way. Way back when we first started dating (and yes, just before being blessed with IBS ), we were parked down at the river talking for hours, and that song came on and I said, "Oh God, this song is so corny!" (No offense Shell!!), and Chris said, "This is a good song! I like this song!!" Anyway, it's always been a joke between us. I even downloaded it a long time ago for him! LOL Every time I hear this song I just think of that night. As a matter of fact, Chris tried to take me back there to propose to me, but every time he tried there were always people fishing back there. Oh well...

#60525 - 04/12/04 05:14 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Ultimate Frisbee? LOL That must have been awesome! I'm not really into dancing either, so that sounds like a blast!

Nora Jones rocks! I really like "What am I to you?" I think all the lyrics would be a great 1st dance song, except for the "What am I to you?" line - after the vows is a little late in the game to be asking that! LOL

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2293 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4201

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review