All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: BANANAS!?! new
      #55654 - 03/29/04 02:31 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

For me, the SMELL of bananas is a trigger, you know when they're ripening and you can smell them from the other side of the room!?

But then, any strong odor is a trigger for me. I have all this old expensive perfume that I can't wear anymore. Maybe I should sell it on eBay!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: *Monster* Migraine -- and Poll new
      #55843 - 03/30/04 02:27 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I've had migraines since I was ten, so I so understand what you're talking about! Mine can be pretty bad, tho I do get mini-migraines that don't develop properly.

I take Imigran and Co-codamol (waiting for the Imigran to work). Imigran is amazing, but you HAVE to take it at the right time for you. I took it years ago and gave up cos it didn't seem to work, but now I know that I have to wait until I feel really sick and then it works for me. My father-in-law-to-be helped develop it and apparently if it doesn't work (when taken at the right time), then you haven't got a migraine! So persistance is the key.

My triggers are pretty similar to my IBS ones: Dairy, Chocolate, caffeine, stress. Also, overheating and dehydration are VVVV.Bad.

Btw, waking up with a migraine or headache may be an indication that you're grinding your teeth in your sleep (a pretty common problem for people in pain). Or that you're dehydrated.

#55907 - 03/30/04 06:39 AM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

I ddid a google search yesterday on bannana allergy becuase I know that If you have a known allergy to something then it is likely that you will react to other things in that same family...likeif you are allergic to ragweed you can't have cammomile tea. So I found out that thereis a possible connection to people with latex allergies (me) and Bannana's!! Sometimes I wish I came with a manual whenI was born!!!???
CIndy

Extended Warranty new
      #55948 - 03/30/04 08:10 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

A manual would have been nice, eh? I keep looking for mine, but it must have been misplaced when they ripped the tags off...

--------------------

#55997 - 03/30/04 09:24 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Yeah, I have the latex allergy too. Had to educate my dentist about it. Now they stock vinyl gloves just for me!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3646 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2652

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review