All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Michele new
      #54286 - 03/25/04 02:30 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Michele, Wow you have been through a lot! I can't imagine what you have been through. That would have been so hard. I'm glad that you are happily married now! I hope the baby thing works out soon for you!!!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just curious..... new
      #54287 - 03/25/04 02:30 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

That is a long long time to know somebody. When did you start liking each other? I guess you were childhood sweethearts? Through church or school? I know what you mean about time flying by though... my husband and I have been together for six years and that seems crazy to me sometimes.

And yeah, I can see how an eager Dylan would speed things up.

#54291 - 03/25/04 02:36 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Well we meet through a friend during high school!!! NOT at church!! We were way too cool for that! We were a little bit of rebels too!! I actualy met him at his house...my frien new him and wanted to go see him!! I thought he was so cute!!! It was fun and crazy....those crazy teenage years!! Well the first part of them...then I was a mommy...and loved it! I was pretty mature for my age. I've always loved babies...natural mother! So this is my life...I'm a stay at home mom! Its a good thing!

And when Dylan is 20 I'll only be 38 So I'll make up for everything when my kids move out!!! Just kidding!

--------------------

#54294 - 03/25/04 02:41 PM
chinagrl

I'm glad you're happy. The idea of being married to my high school sweetheart makes me giggle. I've heard rumors that he came out of the closet when he was in college. Umm... guess that wasn't meant for the long term.

Also, my husband and I met in the lamest possible way ever (on a blind date set up by our Mom's that we went on to get them to shut up), so hey, I'm not one to judge how anyone else met their significant others.

It's great that you like being a stay at home mom. I'm sure your kids definitely benefit from having you around.

#54298 - 03/25/04 02:46 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Steph, I agree, that's fantastic that things have worked out so well for you after marrying so young. You hear so many stories, but I guess it's all about meeting the right person, and that can happen anytime in your life... and of course about putting work into your relationship to get it to stay strong, which you obviously have!

Jenny, I'm with you about the high school sweetheart though. Mine is actually marrying one of my best college friends this Summer, and I'm in the wedding!! Lol. Actually, I set them up. Scott's a great guy, he just wasn't for me. But he and my friend Amy are so cute together. Funny how things work out.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#54311 - 03/25/04 03:23 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Quote:

I'm an inactive Mormon if there is such a thing?

I was baptized in 1988... I have not been to church since oh....1990?

Yes Shell there is such a thing! What happened? Are your parents mormons? Or were you converted?

I'm mormon. But a really laid back mormon. I was married at 17 and had my son 7 months later. I'm active but have not been to the Temple...don't know when I will. My family and my husbands are both active. Hubby has issues atm..with religion! He goes through phases! Any how....that's interisting!

Well... my Mom, Grandmother, & Step-Grandfather are also inactive. Grandma & Grandpa used to go to church many many years ago (when I was a small child I remember going there). My Mom has not been to church probably since the day she got married there (she was 17 and prego) . My Father was born & raised Catholic (he HATED it... BUT was forced to go) I think he finally stopped going sometime in high school.

My parents did not take us to church or anything...they wanted my sister & I to pick what WE wanted once we were old enough to do so.

In high school.... (10th-11th grade I think) one of my closest friends asked if I wanted to go to some thing at her church (don't recall now what it was)..... it was all I did for months was go to church activities and was baptized. I was a bad Mormon from day one... I had a crush on one of the missionary!! LOL I went to seminary every morning before school (I was always late too)..., sang in the choir...etc.

Later.... after high school... the bad seed in me REALLY came out and got into a lot of trouble.... well...not just me... but also the girl friend that invited me to the church.... we PARTIED for many years together! LOL

She is now married and goes to church... she married a guy that I said I was not interested to at a bar one night.... I'm I a bad girl or what??LOL She now has 3 kids..... but I'm not sure how "good" she really is.

I really should give her a call...... hehehe

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#54312 - 03/25/04 03:26 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I'm glad you're happy. The idea of being married to my high school sweetheart makes me giggle. I've heard rumors that he came out of the closet when he was in college. Umm... guess that wasn't meant for the long term.

That is too funny.... I think ALL the guys I was interested "came out" after high school too!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#54314 - 03/25/04 03:28 PM
chinagrl

The funny thing is... we went to a super liberal high school where it would have been no big deal. Not to mention that his best friend's dad was gay and I asked him once if he'd ever thought about it and he said NO!

I guess he changed his mind later. He certainly seemed into me when we were dating.

#54315 - 03/25/04 03:40 PM
fressy

Reged: 02/11/04
Loc: MO

I am Baptist. My dad is a pastor and so is my husband's dad. In fact we met at a bible camp that both our dad's preached at.

#54317 - 03/25/04 03:44 PM

Unregistered

Hey Fressy! My mother always took us to Baptist churches as kids. We went to a Baptist church camp in Arkansas when I was 9 and my sis' was 15. Cool, another Christian on the board!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2498 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15788

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review