All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My New Apartment
      #52319 - 03/19/04 11:14 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Yesterday was such a great day that I have to share because I can't figure out who else I have left to tell!

Some of you may have read my past posts about the troubles with my roommate. Well, she will be moving out of our two bedroom apartment on April 3rd-4th, but still paying the rent for April because our lease doesn't expire until the end of month. So.. one big burdon off my plate.

I found the apartment complex that I want to move into a couple months ago. It's a cute one bedroom, one bathroom upstairs corner unit - with a washer/dryer (inside the unit!), heathers in the living room and bedroom (ooh heat in bedroom), and air conditioning in the living room! Only part that sucks is that I have to wait until the end of April to move into it!

Plus, I went over to my grandma's house to do her taxes and walked out of there with a toaster (birthday present).. and two entertainment center cabinets, a recliner, and a couch! Life was very good yesterday. Only problem is I want to make a slip cover for the couch and figure out how to recover the recliner. Any ideas?

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

congratulations!!! new
      #52372 - 03/19/04 12:29 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Bev is the seamstress....maybe she could help you with the slipcover?

Slipcovers new
      #52425 - 03/19/04 02:03 PM
Jennifer Rose

I'm hoping to recruit my mom so it can be a mother/daughter project since she's a sewing queen, but I just haven't told her yet.

Just trying really to figure out how to do the recliner chair. Can't really fit a slip cover over that.

--------------------
- Jennifer

I've got the solution!.... new
      #52427 - 03/19/04 02:11 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Sell the old recliner and treat yourself to a new one!!!!

Re: My New Apartment new
      #52441 - 03/19/04 03:17 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Congrats on all the goodies!

For slipcovers - good luck! I'd be heading out to my local Walmart if it was me. LOL I have no patience for things like that.

Re: My New Apartment new
      #52442 - 03/19/04 03:25 PM
Jennifer Rose

Actually I just found two really good patterns online at McCalls - one for the couch and one for the recliner. I wanna figure out a way to sneak over to my grandma's to take measurements! LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: I've got the solution!.... new
      #52469 - 03/19/04 06:34 PM
CarmenP

Reged: 07/15/03
Loc: Sydney, Australia

Maybe you could post the fabric and measurements to Bev, and she could make the slip covers for you !!!

Shhh, don't tell Bev I suggested that!!

#52641 - 03/20/04 07:56 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yay! Living by yourself is SO much better. I've never ever had good luck with roommates. Well, my husband's not bad.

And having a washer/dryer in the apartment is heaven.

On Trading Spaces they always pin the material onto the shape of the couch/chair and then sew it and cut away the extra. Then you turn it inside out and it's perfect!

#53082 - 03/22/04 02:13 PM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

On Trading Spaces they always pin the material onto the shape of the couch/chair and then sew it and cut away the extra. Then you turn it inside out and it's perfect!

That's what I was thinking. I told my mom about the covers and added, "Hey, if they can get a slip cover done in 48 hrs on Trading Spaces, we can easily get ours done in a week!" She rolled her eyes at me and laughed.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 260 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 579

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review