All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
IBS and Pregnancy
      #42853 - 02/03/04 02:00 PM

Unregistered

In my pre-IBS life, I was a health nut! Many of those foods I can no longer tolerate. (My IBS was actually onset during my first pregnancy,which I lost her due to a bad birth defect) Now, as I consider having another, I am afraid of how my body will react being pregnant...One concern, feeling like I wouldn't be getting enough nutrients for 2! My second concern would be having worse abdominal pain with the added weight of a baby in the womb.... I appreciate any help ladies! Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS and Pregnancy new
      #42864 - 02/03/04 02:24 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Hello, Sorry about your first pregnancy. Well I have to say I feel a lot better when I'm pregnant. Most of my IBS symptoms go away. I wouldn't worry much about that. As for eating right...I think you can do this diet and have enough nutriton for 2. This diet is pretty healthy. Remember to add on the insoulable fruits and veggies. With care!!!

Good luck!

--------------------

#42867 - 02/03/04 02:28 PM

Unregistered

That's very encouraging Steph, thank you!!!! I'll hope for the best.

#42899 - 02/03/04 05:42 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Getting pregnant is such a worry for me because I wonder how I will handle not only the pregnancy but having a baby. Will I have the energy to take care of another person. It's so scary and I hate it when I don't feel well and am stuck in bed. But from what I hear from other people on this board, it can be done!

#42917 - 02/03/04 09:17 PM

Unregistered

I totally agree with you about taking care of a little one and possibly being without energy. I have had days where I could not even get to the ringing phone because I was headed for the bathroom, or stuck in the bathroom! Yikes!! I suppose StephS might have some helpful info, considering her kids are young.

#42943 - 02/04/04 05:35 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi again, If you do an unlimited search for Pregnancy on the posts you will find lots of other discussions as well. I think I just have to remind myself that when I do have kids - I'm not alone and have plenty of family who live near me that can help out if I need them. - Not to mention my husband!

#43010 - 02/04/04 10:16 AM
StephS

Yes My IBS feels better when I'm pregnant...but, I get really bad morning sickness. Also I have excess saliva when I'm pregnant...(I know really weird)and that makes me sick. If I swallow the saliva then I throw up. So my first pregnancy I took a cup aroun with me to spit in. With my second it was even worse...I was having a girl. Made a huge difference. I was sick almost the whole time. Whit my boy the excess saliva and throwing up went away at 4 months. With my girl I was still spiting while I was in labor...well I was chewing gum. That helped. I was eating penuts like crazy at the first with her just trying anything so I didn't have to cary around a gross cup. OH man the pain we go through to have kids....but I did survive!! I had days were I couldn't do anything but get up to feed my son. It can be hard but we can do it!!! Pregnancy does weird things to our bodies but the pay off is soooo good!!!

--------------------

#43154 - 02/04/04 06:57 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Steph, you look so young! I can't believe you have two kids!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

#43250 - 02/05/04 09:13 AM
StephS

Thanks Peaches! Its funny when people who don't know me come to my house they ask if my mom is home! I had some teenage kids selling magazines at my door one day, and they couldn't believe I was the mom. I'm 24 so I guess I'm still young!! But I really do look like a teenager....I wonder if I should cut my hair. Then I'd look a little older!!! Na I better soak it up now...might not last.

Me and my Husband went to an R rated movie and were asked for ID..too funny. I was thinking I just left my 2 kids at home so I could have a break and they want ID...come on!!! LOL!!

--------------------

Steph it doesn't get better new
      #43296 - 02/05/04 10:58 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I went to the doctor's today and they sent me for some blood work. The lady signing me in said she wouldn't have guessed I was 28. She thought I was 16 or 17!?!? I might look young but not that young. Come on, I have two children listed on my insurance. She must have thought my husband was my dad. Actually, when I had my wisdom teeth removed the lady asked if Tory was my father. He doesn't look old at all. Not too encouraging right now but I suppose in 10 years it will be nice. Maybe it is my long hair too.

BTW, I carried altoids around with me to help with the excess saliva. I had to use them every morning just to get out of bed and not throw up or to take a shower. My understanding is the saliva is actually the cause of most morning sickness. I can just picture you with your little cup all day.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 613 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3336

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review