All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: Bad Pet Manners new
      #42724 - 02/02/04 06:52 PM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

Bev,
That is me exactly. I am extremely allergic to cats. My dog Daphne is very protective too. There is an obnixious little mouse that lives in the garage and everytime I hear him out there I scream. Daphne gets upset and starts growling.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sorry, cat person here! new
      #42727 - 02/02/04 07:06 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Kree,

Joan wanted me to post proof that dogs do curl up in laps.

Also, I don't condone interspecies love. Although sometimes if I'm not careful my dog tries to slip me the tongue too.

Edited by chinagrl (02/02/04 07:07 PM)

#42736 - 02/02/04 08:40 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Whoa!! That dog is getting a little too personal there, Joan! Lol.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#42737 - 02/02/04 08:48 PM
Kree

Bev, you're completely right. I don't blame the dog at all, it's just not fun for me to be around him because of his owners. My cousin had a gorgeous, well behaved dog named Ginger, and I adored her. She was just he sweetest thing. Here's a pic of me with her about 8 years ago: web page. If all dogs were like that I'd be more of a dog person, I've just seen too many who weren't trained properly. And you're completely right, a lot of cat owners are at fault for the same thing! Please don't take it personally, I'm sure I'd love your doggie, since you obviously love him dearly and have trained him well! And thanks for sharing your story about Max, he sounds like an amazing dog too! Good thing you had him around for that incident!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#42738 - 02/02/04 08:50 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh don't worry Kree. Us dog owners are just a little bit nuts about our pets. I have dogs and a cat though, so I can sit at both tables.

I agree about poorly trained dogs though. My neighbor's dog is psycho.

Re: For kshsmom new
      #42776 - 02/03/04 08:24 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

He sounds like such a sweetie! My boys are real animal lovers too -- I just can't imagine being without them.

No Quake, but it did snow overnight new
      #42809 - 02/03/04 11:13 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

The quake was a false alarm (could have fooled me). Seems they were doing some pretty serious dynamiting around here and it sure affected us like a quake.........whew........at least I didn't have to wait for aftershocks.

But the big news is that it snowed here all last night....
Everything white when we got up.........Neat...but it doesn't last....starting to melt some already. That's the way the desert is..

--------------------

Snow! new
      #42826 - 02/03/04 01:00 PM
Kree

Ahh Kandee, what different worlds we live in, lol. Snow is big news for you, and we just set a new record for the amount of snowfall in January! This was the snowiest January since they started keeping track in the mid-1800s!

--------------------

#42863 - 02/03/04 02:23 PM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

Jenny,
Thanks for posting the picture. It looks worse when you expand it!

Re: Snow! new
      #42895 - 02/03/04 05:19 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

When you only get snow once or twice a year, yes it is a big deal. Funny how the least little bit of anything out of the norm will trigger Califonians into making it a BIG deal. For example, we always joke about this state in comparison to other states that have an accident on the freeways. Many states in the east, like VA, MD will say on their road signs, in so many words, "get it off the freeway ASAP", but in SoCal nothing moves until all the camera crews arrive (usually from more than one network), the brigade of police, fire and ambulance arrive, lawyers arrive...............and..........well, you get the picture

For you, it's not IF snow, it's HOW MUCH snow. Wonder if I could live in that again...? I'd be a complete disaster.
I lived in VA for 4 years and hated the black ice most of all.

But, glad it doesn't bother you! Makes the summers that much more enjoyable for you..........when we're hitting 115+

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 977 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13072

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review