All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Peaches...
      #40865 - 01/26/04 09:12 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

are you getting alot of snow in Indiana today?

It is starting to snow in WI, but in the northeast of WI we are expected to get 3-4 inches. South of WI is suppose to get alot more - does that include you?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Peaches... new
      #40872 - 01/26/04 09:22 AM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Yep! That's why I have the day off today Possibly tomorrow as well since we always get your weather during the night!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

#40875 - 01/26/04 09:26 AM
BarbaraS

Yikes!!! You have had alot of snow by you. Wish we had some more so be can build forts in the backyard. That was one of most favorite things to do as a kid.

I'm off school today because my 9 year old is home sick. He has a headache and stomachache, but no fever. He doesn't look sick - I think he doesn't want to be at school today.

#40877 - 01/26/04 09:29 AM
rosie_chica

Reged: 08/26/03
Loc: WI

It's really coming down here in southern WI, I have to work at 4:30 but it's supposed to snow here until early in the morning! Good thing I have 4WD.

#40880 - 01/26/04 09:35 AM
BarbaraS

Hi fellow WI. Where do you live in WI. We live in Appleton and we aren't getting the worst of the storm. My kids were hoping for a snow day, but oh well their wish didn't come true.

Where do you attend school and what is your major?

#40884 - 01/26/04 09:38 AM
rosie_chica

I'm at UW Whitewater. Speech Communication Major with a Multimedia minor, graduate in May!!!!

#40887 - 01/26/04 09:42 AM
BarbaraS

Early congrlations!!! You are smart to finish school at a young age. Hope it goes well for you.

I grew up in Palmyra - not too far from you. We raised raised horses outside of town - not too far from Old World WI.

It is nice to someone else from WI here.

The bully new
      #40888 - 01/26/04 09:45 AM
peaches

Well if he's really sick, I'm sorry. How did the situation with the bully turn out?

--------------------

#40890 - 01/26/04 09:45 AM
rosie_chica

This is wierd! I actually work in Palmyra at the little grocery store. I also have horses at my parents house in Spring Green. I have miniatures that I drive and we also have 3 purebred Arabians, 2 of which also drive.

Re: The bully new
      #40894 - 01/26/04 09:52 AM
BarbaraS

Thanks for asking. I forgot to post what happened. The school handle it great. The boys got called into principal office and required to talk to the guidance counselor.

Brandon met with the guidance counselor a few times to talk through what happened and reassured he did the right thing by telling.

His confidance is much better and his friendily personality is back.

But..... Friday and today he went to school with a stomach ache. I picked him at school about 11:00 and alerted his teacher I think there may be problems at school again. Brandon insist nothing bad is going on.

Maybe he really is sick.

#40897 - 01/26/04 09:56 AM
BarbaraS

Too small of a world!!!

We had Arabians and Quarter Horses and breed two mares a year. My fondest memory is riding on the trails. We lived on Viele Road (a dead end road) and we hopped on the trails right off our road. In the Winter we cross country skied.

We live in the city now, but I would love to live on a farm again. Who knows - maybe one day.

#40898 - 01/26/04 09:58 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Hi,

I actually drove through WI last month and got caught in a snow storm. I couldn't believe how much snow you guys got! I took it slow and steady on the Interstate and am still in one piece, but I saw over 40 cars and a dozen transport trucks in the ditch.

Drive Carefully, or beter yet, don't go out if you don't have to.

#40904 - 01/26/04 10:16 AM
rosie_chica

you must have driven through the only other snow storm we've had here in WI.. There was a bad one before, but other than last friday and today, we haven't had much snow at all.

#40908 - 01/26/04 10:33 AM
peaches

Well....was he alright this weekend? If he's fine over the weekend and not in school days, somehting else could be going on. Hope he gets better, though!

--------------------

Palmyra new
      #40972 - 01/26/04 12:41 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

It's so funny to hear you guys talk about Palmyra. The town next door to me here in NY is also Palmyra! Do you ever get Mormons coming to your Palmyra thinking it's the birthplace of their religion?

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#40973 - 01/26/04 12:44 PM
Kree

Barbara, I'm so glad things worked out for your son. It does sound like the school handled it well. I don't want to say that I hope your son is sick, but I do hope everything at school ends up being okay!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#40997 - 01/26/04 01:22 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hey, there's Rosie's picture!! Heather did both of us at the same time. I'm waving hi... (sure could use one of those animated smilies right here)

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#41002 - 01/26/04 01:25 PM
rosie_chica

it's an old picture, but I don't have any other ones where you can really see my face. Most of the pictures that I have with me in them are when i'm riding or driving a horse, and my face isn't the main focus point!

#41013 - 01/26/04 01:57 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Rosie, well it's a very nice picture -- you're very pretty. BTW I'm a fellow midwesterner, Michigan and Chicago area (not far from Lake George, WI). I've been in NY a long time now, but my mom's still in Michigan so I get back there often.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#41044 - 01/26/04 03:52 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

I drove from West to East in Mid December and it was a pretty bad storm. Driving back last week, the weather was great. The scenery was really nice too, wish I wasn't in such a hurry.

Re: Palmyra new
      #41134 - 01/27/04 03:59 AM
BarbaraS

LOL Never heard of Mormons coming to Palmyra looking for their birthplace. Of course it has been along time since I lived there.

What is the connection between Palmyra and Mormons?

#41135 - 01/27/04 04:01 AM
BarbaraS

Thanks Kree. He isn't sick - he just didn't want to be a school and will not talk about it.

#41190 - 01/27/04 09:11 AM
peaches

Well....maybe if you be extra sweet to Brandon he'll open up? We're getting even more snow here today as well! We've had almot 2 feet total so far! AAHH!

Keep us updated about the school situation!

--------------------

Almost two feet of snow! new
      #41231 - 01/27/04 10:41 AM
BarbaraS

glad we are not getting clobbered like you!!!

#41233 - 01/27/04 10:44 AM
Kree

Quote:

LOL Never heard of Mormons coming to Palmyra looking for their birthplace. Of course it has been along time since I lived there.

What is the connection between Palmyra and Mormons?

The Palmyra in NY is where Joseph Smith, the founder of the Mormon religion, supposedly (sorry if there are any Mormons here, but that's just what I believe!) found tablets that became the foundation of their religion. So that's where it all began. You wouldn't believe how many Mormons I went to school with! They still have a huge temple there, and every year they hold a pageant telling the story of their religion. It's also hilarious to see them come from all over the country to see the pageant every year. They stand on street corners and take pictures of the "Welcome to Palmyra" sign... I want to open the window and shout, "It's only Palmyra!"

--------------------

#41234 - 01/27/04 10:46 AM
Kree

Quote:

Thanks Kree. He isn't sick - he just didn't want to be a school and will not talk about it.

I'm sorry to hear that things with the bully weren't resolved. I was picked on endlessly in middle school and hated to go in too, so I know how he must feel. I agree with Peaches, please keep us posted!

--------------------

#41237 - 01/27/04 10:53 AM
BarbaraS

Kree that is a great story. Something to look forward to every year.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1093 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1663

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review